Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone Calls by Caladria101

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2852004/1/Phone_Calls

It's short and sweet and she has more SJ stories to enjoy!
    Last edited by nell; 18 April 2010, 08:30 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
      Phone Calls by Caladria101

It's short and sweet and she has more SJ stories to enjoy!
      Do you have a link?

Comment

Here's another sweet phone story...Over the Phone by Chezza

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2819758/1/Over_the_Phone
        sigpic

Comment

For all the talented writers here, we have round two of the Gateworld FanFiction Competition, be nice to see some new faces (writers) down there

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...8#post11427738
          My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
          sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Occasionally I re-read Ted Sadler's stories because he's so darn good. Here's one...

If I Had My Time Again

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1427613/..._My_Time_Again
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
              Occasionally I re-read Ted Sadler's stories because he's so darn good. Here's one...

If I Had My Time Again

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1427613/..._My_Time_Again
              The first Jack/Sam story I ever read was his "The Road to Minnesota." Recently reread it.

BTW, has something happened to the Heliopolis site.?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                BTW, has something happened to the Heliopolis site.?
                I dunno but I couldn't get into it last night. It's so frustrating when one can't access fics in the middle of the night!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

While looking for some older fics I managed to locate "Fate" series by Blue Topaz today! Yay!

It's an old fic and an absolute must-read for shippers. If you haven't read it yet, do it now. It's utterly silly, guttery and hilarious. Great medicine for bad mood, I'm tellin'ya

Fate rated R for gutter (duh!), nothing explicit though
                  "Why did temptation have to be so ... tempting?"

The gutter strikes back rated PG-13
                  "He needed someone to shoot him."

Everybody loves Jack rated PG-13
                  "Everybody loves Colonel O'Neill. His charm defeats the boundary of man and woman."

Enjoy!
                  There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                  sigpic
                  awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Some time ago I promised to post my favourite "oldies" - several years-old fics whose authors, in majority, no longer write for SG-1, but whose fics are simply classic. So without further ado, here's the first instalment:

Doc - pretty much everything she wrote won awards and is loved to this day. My favourites are:

Cost of Living - PG-15, very long team adventure novel focused on S/J, season 4

For God and Country - PG-13, even longer team-y novel focused on Jack, with a dose of S/J UST

SGCBearcub - one of my Top 3 favourite fanfic writers

Monkey Screaming series - mini!verse, tag to Fragile Balance; parts I & II are PG-15, gen with S/J UST, not very long; part III is rated NC-17 for a sex scene at the very end; it's a very long novel focused on the whole team, and particularly S/J interaction - truly brilliant

Banshee - rated T; one of my favourite fanfics ever. Simply brilliant.

Seldear - another writer from my Top 3. Everything of hers is worth reading, but especially:

28 days - rated R, although there's no explicit stuff and I suspect the rating is more for realistic handling of a very disturbing subject: sex slavery with all its repercussions, this time treated seriously.

Hostage Situation - Sam/Pete, S/J UST; team-y fic focused on Sam and what makes her tick

Secrets and Shadows- another long novel, a follow-up to Hostage Situation although reading HS isn't necessary to understand what's going on. One more thing: I hate baby!fics and pregnancy!fics and usually run away screaming whenever I see them; S&S however is an exception. It's definitely worth reading.

The astonishing persistance of memory - a short one for a change about S/J in light of her amnesia

A night at the opera - R (nothing explicit), Sam/Pete, Jack/Other; Valentine's Day; heavy angst

Abused series - R; short, angsty and without happy end

I can't find it anywhere, but Veils of Reality series it's another of my favourites. It's a series of short fics portraying S/J relationship in various AUs; happy, tragic, fluffy, sad; S/J together, with somebody else, alone; their relationship working out and not - this series covers it all.

Chezza

Fooling Around - PG-13; it's April Fools Day and SG-1 is taking advantage; relatively short, lighthearted and funny

Making Amends
                    - 100 days tag; this time it shows Jack's side of things.

Celeste (scroll down to her name)

The A'garja series extremely long S/J fic featuring hero!Jack (and it really is shameless hero!Jack; take this warning seriously) and an absolutely mind-blowing universe spanning whole galaxies and all the races we came to love, including Furlings

Ruth M. King (scroll down to King Ruth M.)

The Steps Series - AU, where Jack's a leader of SG-1 and Sam's a leader of SG-2; the series covers the tv show from the beginning to "Abyss" and leaves you wanting more; it's divided into 20 parts, each corresponding to specific episode from the show

Offworlder - Stander series - AU story in which Jack and Sam leave Earth to fight the Aschen; it's very unusual portrayal of them as officers first and humans second..and it's brilliant despite being, in part, pregnancy!fic

Standing

Still Standing

Stepping Up

Alli Snow

Andromeda - another long fic that is an absolute must-read; it's easier to find all part in order on her home page

Fireflies - R (nothing explicit), character death, mystery. A beautiful and relatively short story about how Sam deals with loss with paranormal twist.

Unspoken by elly427
                    short AU tag to Lost City, I'm not linking directly because it's rated R/NC-17. Rationale is also worth reading, as is short and sweet Convincing and another, longer, AU Lost City tag Settling (it also has Sam/Pete).

Kiss Goodbye by Blue Topaz
                    PG-13; short and poignant story about how far Sam would be willing to go to give Jack a choice. No happy ending.

And finally another one of my favourite authors, Jojo.

For starters, I'd recommend:

ad infinitum- PG-13, short, sweet..distinctly in Jojo's style

Ain't that a kick in the head- PG; Cassie, Sam, Jack and a certain AT photo

Delayed Reaction - PG, tag to Paradise Lost

Sleepless - PG, J/S sharing quarters off-world

Tinsel Terror- PG, funny little Christmas!fic

And finally my absolute favourite, Acquiescent - PG-13, S/J, alien influence..you get the idea

Enjoy!
                    Last edited by Petra; 08 May 2010, 04:21 AM.
                    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                    sigpic
                    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

^Thank you for the wonderful list - will keep me entertained for a little while.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

A big, honkin' thanks, Petra. I've read a number of these and agree with your choices for classics. Let me add to Jojo 6 on fanfic dot net

A Matter of Tact - Humor, romance, RST, fluffy and sappy but I loved it.
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1282256/1/A_Matter_of_Tact

This Cannot Be Happening - Quantum mirror, Alternate reality, Sam-centric but strong S/J.
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/973028/1...t_be_happening
                        sigpic

Comment

FANFICTION TOOLS AND TIPS for copying, storing, reading fanfiction:

1. Fanfiction downloader

FYI for those who don't know about this wonderful tool, let me introduce you to Raimond's fanfiction downloader program. In the past, I would painstakingly copy and paste chapter after chapter of fanfiction.net stories to download into my Sony Reader. It wasn't until after I did said slower-than-molasses copying and pasting of 72 chapters of What Will It Take that I discovered this tool.

Oh, yes, and before I owned a Sony Reader I printed these 72 chapters. That was after my discovery of Sam and Jack fanfiction. I had to take this story on vacation so it was worth carrying a ream of paper (or so it seemed) at the time.

Fanfiction downloader does in seconds what took endless minutes in the past. However, one must change the font type and size for storing in your preferred reading mode.

I have had no bugs or viruses associated with fanfiction downloader. Here's the link to her page:

http://www.home-eisele.de/downloader_e.php

2. Microsoft Sans Serif

I did a little research and found that Microsoft Sans Serif is most recommended as the type face for reading on electronic books. It works for me.

Anybody have any other tips?
                          sigpic

Comment

Holy Hannah! So many fics! Thanks Petra and to others who have recommended!
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

FYI for those who don't know about this wonderful tool, let me introduce you to Raimond's fanfiction downloader program. In the past, I would painstakingly copy and paste chapter after chapter of fanfiction.net stories to download into my Sony Reader. It wasn't until after I did said slower-than-molasses copying and pasting of 72 chapters of What Will It Take that I discovered this tool.

Oh, yes, and before I owned a Sony Reader I printed these 72 chapters. That was after my discovery of Sam and Jack fanfiction. I had to take this story on vacation so it was worth carrying a ream of paper (or so it seemed) at the time.

Fanfiction downloader does in seconds what took endless minutes in the past. However, one must change the font type and size for storing in your preferred reading mode.

I have had no bugs or viruses associated with fanfiction downloader. Here's the link to her page:

http://www.home-eisele.de/downloader_e.php

2. Microsoft Sans Serif

I did a little research and found that Microsoft Sans Serif is most recommended as the type face for reading on electronic books. It works for me.

Anybody have any other tips?
                              And what are you downloading this to? An electronic reader of some sort? You have to pardon me--I'm something of a Luddite.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                And what are you downloading this to? An electronic reader of some sort? You have to pardon me--I'm something of a Luddite.
                                LOL! What's a Luddite? Yes, I have a Sony electronic Reader book. But before that I was copying and pasting to my Word for reading on the laptop at my convenience as well as to start my only little archive. I only wish Raimond had a program for other archive sites.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X