Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    Hey petite_stars, could you find the fic where SG1 comes back through the gate as mice or hamsters I believe? The only other thing I remember of that fic, is that Jack kept jumping Sam animal style. It was brought up in the Sam/Jack Appreciation thread awhile back, but nobody seems to have found it. It has been bugging me.
    Hmmm no sorry, doesn't ring a bell. I don't tend to read fics where SG1 turn into animals thou! So probably not the best person to ask

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    ah, so it WAS mine. I kept thinking it sounded familiar but couldn't find a fic title that tweaked my memory

thanks PS
    hehe, I know pretty much all your fic Back in the day I would re-read all your stuff as you were one of the few who wrote decent gen Sam!
    sigpic

Comment

Fic rec:

Busted

It's amusing and I kinda like it. Can't decide if the punishment is justified or a bit over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
        Hey petite_stars, could you find the fic where SG1 comes back through the gate as mice or hamsters I believe? The only other thing I remember of that fic, is that Jack kept jumping Sam animal style. It was brought up in the Sam/Jack Appreciation thread awhile back, but nobody seems to have found it. It has been bugging me.
        Okay, this one was driving me nuts. Is it Enchanted by Ziva: http://www.sjalways-forever.jackands...y.php?sid=3019 (Note ratings)
        sigpic
        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
          Okay, this one was driving me nuts. Is it Enchanted by Ziva: http://www.sjalways-forever.jackands...y.php?sid=3019 (Note ratings)
          You are awesome! Thank you for finding this. And it did have something to do with Buffy, the demon, but I would have never known it. And they were rats, which was different and I tried it. I'm going to post it in the Ship thread now.
          sigpic
          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Fic rec:
            Busted
            It's amusing and I kinda like it. Can't decide if the punishment is justified or a bit over the top.
            I liked it but I too wondered if it was kinda over the top punishment...being a parent of a 17 year old daughter myself, we're currently going through that stage where we're damned if we do and damned if we don't...we can't win either way...and she wants her freedom but we have to drive her to and from that freedom when she wants...it's a hard job! I thought I was a tough mum but wow, Sam and Jack were like almost what we call anal! And I would have punished the brother as well...cheeky little bugger. That story had more potential but I enjoyed it...thanks for the rec!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

yay!! More fics
              sigpic

Comment

Fic rec:

Busted

Oh, I dunno. You mean the "turn in your..." punishment? Oh yeah, I'm with Sam on this one. More response, but it's not fic-related:
                Spoiler:

Personally, I'm a huge fan of community service. I mean, we do a certain amount anyway, but along with the "turn in all the priveleges" there's often the added, "X number of hours of community service (soup kitchen, park/beach cleanup etc.)." One of us goes too, of course and then I add the dreaded, "tell me what you learned" single page report that follows (yes, spelling counts). This is for capital crimes (in our house that's underage drinking and that ilk). It only has to happen once or (in the older M's case), three times.

Grounding never worked for me (personally, as a punishment). It just gave me an excuse to sit and read for hours with no guilt. So...since M and M are similar to me in that regard, we had to get creative.

May seem harsh, but it sure built a couple of things. Both are now mostly grown (I got my kids pre-owned (step-kids)) and both have a really good grounding in the social community around us. We didn't have cell phones/blackberry's/ipods, etc... to take away, but restricting TV and video games did the trick...or for the younger M, taking away book time. Ooh, the agony of that!.

The community service time also took place at a time that was convenient to us (and oh-so-coincidentally) on party nights. Yup. We're mean. But we also have kids that haven't killed anyone drunk/text/phone-driving, or other tragic things that so often happen to kids.

Yup...I'm wholly with Sam.
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  Oh, I dunno. You mean the "turn in your..." punishment? Oh yeah, I'm with Sam on this one. More response, but it's not fic-related:
                  Spoiler:

Personally, I'm a huge fan of community service. I mean, we do a certain amount anyway, but along with the "turn in all the priveleges" there's often the added, "X number of hours of community service (soup kitchen, park/beach cleanup etc.)." One of us goes too, of course and then I add the dreaded, "tell me what you learned" single page report that follows (yes, spelling counts). This is for capital crimes (in our house that's underage drinking and that ilk). It only has to happen once or (in the older M's case), three times.

Grounding never worked for me (personally, as a punishment). It just gave me an excuse to sit and read for hours with no guilt. So...since M and M are similar to me in that regard, we had to get creative.

May seem harsh, but it sure built a couple of things. Both are now mostly grown (I got my kids pre-owned (step-kids)) and both have a really good grounding in the social community around us. We didn't have cell phones/blackberry's/ipods, etc... to take away, but restricting TV and video games did the trick...or for the younger M, taking away book time. Ooh, the agony of that!.

The community service time also took place at a time that was convenient to us (and oh-so-coincidentally) on party nights. Yup. We're mean. But we also have kids that haven't killed anyone drunk/text/phone-driving, or other tragic things that so often happen to kids.

Yup...I'm wholly with Sam.
                  Oh, I agree there should have been some punishment. But I was thinking that since it was apparently a "first time" offense, it seemed a bit OTT.

Comment

Hey, am wondering if anyone knows the name of this fic. In it Sam kills pete by accident, then she gets O'neil to help her cover it up. It's something like 'wire taunt' or something, can't seem to remember the right name.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by whatfear View Post
                      Hey, am wondering if anyone knows the name of this fic. In it Sam kills pete by accident, then she gets O'neil to help her cover it up. It's something like 'wire taunt' or something, can't seem to remember the right name.

Any help is appreciated.
                      This was just asked about fairly recently. But here it is again.

Reflexive Impulse by ALC Punk

Comment

This was just asked about fairly recently. But here it is again.

Reflexive Impulse by ALC Punk
                        What a very, very, very odd fic. So OOC, IMHO, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                          I agree. Even if Sam did what she did in the story, I can't see her (or Jack) covering it up.

Comment

I agree. Even if Sam did what she did in the story, I can't see her (or Jack) covering it up.
                            Exactly. Them covering up a murder and then just sleeping together like nothing happened a few hours later. So weird.

Comment

Oh, I agree there should have been some punishment. But I was thinking that since it was apparently a "first time" offense, it seemed a bit OTT.
                              And the fact that she was 17 years old. You should hear the crap I go through when I lay down the law here with my 17 y/o. Holy cow, you'd think I was running a prison or something. Biggest fear is that at that age they will take off if you become so rigid with the rules. I still think it was OTT but definitely agree that something should have been done.
                              Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                              That's the beauty of ff...you can go very OOC and OTT...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Just read Busted and saw your comments about it here...I totally agree with Sam and Jack. Not being a parent, I'm not positive what I'd do in that situation, but I know what I'd hope to do. And planning to be a teacher (albeit of much younger kids) I know the behavior I'd expect of my kiddos, and eventual behavior like that is not it. And I agree that it was a very odd fic. Interesting, but odd.

Just have to comment/rub it in the faces of you moms of 17 year olds...Apparently my mom had it easy with me, lol. I was the kid that didn't ever do anything worth getting in trouble for after I was about 5. Well, except for this one thing in 2nd grade, but that's beside the point. When I was little the worst I got was a spanking, and then I never did the thing again. When I was a teen? I didn't do anything. At all. Of course, that could be because I didn't really have a life...Still don't really for that matter...But I've never been grounded or had anything taken away from me. My mom always says that apparently she did something really good in all of her past lives to have gotten a kid that doesn't cause her grief and grey hairs, lol.

Of course, I never even had the chance to get in trouble as a teen with a car. I didn't get my car until the Christmas of my freshman year of college (I would have been 18) and I only drank a few times, both at friends houses that I didn't need to go anywhere afterwards, and now that I'm 21 I like my car entirely too much to chance crashing it. And my car has bluetooth, so...

But I know how my friends were at 17 (and the teens in general) so I feel for the lot of you, lol. And I pray that if/when I have kids, they'll be like I was rather than how my friends were. Especially since two of them are now moms...
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Working...
                                X