• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fic rec (by Aussie73 - love her stories):

Spring Fling

Set a little after 'Seth' in an AU.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Why is it that I keep wanting the fics no one can find but they either really want to read it themselves or have already read it but can't remember the title...must be my luck!
      I need Melora...she's awesome at fic hunting!
      I read this story just a couple of weeks ago, Chelle. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. I even went back through some of my fic files and I can't find it anywhere.

How about a fic with a similar premise?

"Giving Notice" by Jackie W
      and the sequel: "Getting a Life"

I know it's not the one you're looking for, but I'm sure I'll run across it again sometime and I'll let you know if I do.

ETA: There's a third stories in Jackie W's series: "Going Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
        I read this story just a couple of weeks ago, Chelle. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. I even went back through some of my fic files and I can't find it anywhere.

I know it's not the one you're looking for, but I'm sure I'll run across it again sometime and I'll let you know if I do.

All great stories, thanks for the rec!
        sigpic
        Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Just re-enjoyed Come Fly With Me.

Seriously...warm and fuzzy.

Great job.
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
            Thank you Melora...should you come across that fic, could you pretty please link it here? Cheers!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'm looking for a fic where Sam was meant to meet up with the boys but ended up going on a surprise mission with another team and she was injured and when Jack thought she had snubbed them and had approached her about it he grabbed her injured arm and then she told him that she was hurt on a mission and that's why she missed the team night...and IIRC, there was some tension in the team and that's why Jack thought she was deliberately avoiding them when in reality she didn't...if that all makes sense. I remember a part where he grabbed her and she winced and went pale then ran to the bathroom or her sink or whatever and was sick and shaking...and that the stitches had been pulled...it probably sounds weird and all mixed up but es got me thinking about it when she asked about the Second Chance fic.
              Thanks for any help in tracking down this fic!

BTW, starlover - if you don't mind me asking but what episode of Sanctuary was that picture in your sig/avatar from? I love it but just can't place the ep. Cheers!
              I'll peak out from my comfortable lurking postion and say that sounds like 33 days by Denise
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by petite_stars View Post
                I'll peak out from my comfortable lurking postion and say that sounds like 33 days by Denise
                That's the one! Holy cow...Sky said it sounded familiar! Hahaha...I totally missed that one the other night when I was reading her fics. Thank you petite stars! *high fives*
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

That's the one! Holy cow...Sky said it sounded familiar! Hahaha...I totally missed that one the other night when I was reading her fics. Thank you petite stars! *high fives*
                  No worries Glad my years of reading fic has come in handy ... lol
                  sigpic

Comment

No worries Glad my years of reading fic has come in handy ... lol
                    Hey petite_stars, could you find the fic where SG1 comes back through the gate as mice or hamsters I believe? The only other thing I remember of that fic, is that Jack kept jumping Sam animal style. It was brought up in the Sam/Jack Appreciation thread awhile back, but nobody seems to have found it. It has been bugging me.
                    sigpic
                    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

That sounds like something by iamdragonrider or similar name. I remember cats. Maybe mice. Sorry that's all I've got in my fron. Check fanfiction.net
                      sigpic

Comment

ah, so it WAS mine. I kept thinking it sounded familiar but couldn't find a fic title that tweaked my memory

thanks PS
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                          Hey petite_stars, could you find the fic where SG1 comes back through the gate as mice or hamsters I believe? The only other thing I remember of that fic, is that Jack kept jumping Sam animal style. It was brought up in the Sam/Jack Appreciation thread awhile back, but nobody seems to have found it. It has been bugging me.
                          I think (at one point anyway) that was posted on Sam and Jack Always and Forever, but couldn't come up with anything on a search. I thought maybe it would be in the Crossover section because I think there was a Buffy connection in it somewhere.
                          sigpic
                          Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
                            I think (at one point anyway) that was posted on Sam and Jack Always and Forever, but couldn't come up with anything on a search. I thought maybe it would be in the Crossover section because I think there was a Buffy connection in it somewhere.
                            I don't remember anything with Buffy. I've never read a crossover fic before.
                            sigpic
                            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Oohhh hadn't read that one before and it was lovely! I expected it to go AU but it was really good like this! Thanks for the rec!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                ah, so it WAS mine. I kept thinking it sounded familiar but couldn't find a fic title that tweaked my memory

thanks PS
                                LOL!

I looked through most of my fic files except the file I have of your fics. I thought you would have remembered the fic if you had written it, so I just skipped that file. I guess when you have written that many fics, some must get forgotten along the way.

I really enjoyed re-reading it, by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X