No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the middle of putting together list of my favourite "old" S/J fics, but in the meantime I stumbled upon a really great and moderately short apocafic focused on S/J:

gravity sings by stargazercmc

It's rated adult although I honestly have no idea why; there isn't any graphic sex nor violence there. I'd say PG-15 would be more accurate. The story itself is well written, poignant and the ending is, while not happy, at least hopeful. It was written nearly 3 years ago but I'm sure there are people who haven't read it yet and need to rectify it immidiately!
    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
    sigpic
    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
      I'm in the middle of putting together list of my favourite "old" S/J fics, but in the meantime I stumbled upon a really great and moderately short apocafic focused on S/J:

It's rated adult although I honestly have no idea why; there isn't any graphic sex nor violence there. I'd say PG-15 would be more accurate. The story itself is well written, poignant and the ending is, while not happy, at least hopeful. It was written nearly 3 years ago but I'm sure there are people who haven't read it yet and need to rectify it immidiately!
      I read that one and really like it. And would ditto the recommendation.

Another one that is quite good, and since it is by Annerb, many have likely already read it. But it's so good, it should be read again, and also by those who haven't read it.

Gravity Always Wins in the End

This one is quite angsty, but is so well written that I very much enjoyed it.
      Last edited by hedwig; 15 March 2010, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
        How did I miss this story by Annerb? Realignment Short and poignant.
        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3354780/1/Realignment

FYI She posted a new chapter of Down Here Among the Wreckage
        OMG! Finally!!!!! I'm running to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post

Would you believe I've re-read it several times already? It's that short and well written. I've been drawn to apocifics recently for some reason.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I read that one and really like it. And would ditto the recommendation.

Another one that is quite good, and since it is by Annerb, many have likely already read it. But it's so good, it should be read again, and also by those who haven't read it.

Gravity Always Wins in the End

This one is quite angsty, but is so well written that I very much enjoyed it.
          I just re-read that recently...

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
          OMG! Finally!!!!! I'm running to it.
          and then Annerb posted another chapter of Death Among the Wreckage. Angst galore!
          sigpic

Comment

If no one has mentioned any of these yet then I would have to rec:

The Guardian by Bixata - Major General Jack O'Neill has been missing for 12 years. Where he's been, what happened to him, and his return home. Oh yeah, he can't speak and he's not alone. SJ ship

Mrs Sam Who? by Karen19 - Begins after Season 8. Jack's past meets his present. Sam runs into family in the most unusual place. Sam and Jack get closer than ever. Crossover alert.

and this next one isn't the usual S/J fic, but still quite enjoyable

Jonathan Carter by cookiemonster01 - Heroes' AU, future. Fifteen years ago the love of Jack O'Neill's life died in combat. Heartbroken, he retires and disapears, taking up the alternate name of 'Jonathon Carter' and a teaching post far away from his previous life.

Also, I was wondering if anyone know of any other S/J stranded fics. So far I have read Twilight, As the World Doesn't Turn, Samanthat Full of Grace, The Secret Lives of Pandas all of which are great and definately rec them if you haven't read them yet. I'm sure that there are others I have read but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head, and well I just can't get enough of them which is why I'm hoping that there are some that I have missed
            sigpic
            Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

My favorite stranded fic of all time...What Will It Take by SG1-Fanfic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2071449/1/

Thanks for your recommendations!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cort View Post
                Also, I was wondering if anyone know of any other S/J stranded fics. So far I have read Twilight, As the World Doesn't Turn, Samanthat Full of Grace, The Secret Lives of Pandas all of which are great and definately rec them if you haven't read them yet. I'm sure that there are others I have read but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head, and well I just can't get enough of them which is why I'm hoping that there are some that I have missed
                Seven Days by dietcokechic

Stories by Jen Sweeney, scroll down to "God Forsaken Planet".

The Extended Vacation by kissmekent

Comment

There's Dancing on the Volcano, by Toulouse (2 versions, one R) and Adobe Camp by Zoser. Not sure where to find them yet.

And can anyone find "Animal Husbandry" by Janis Cortese? It may have been on a website that's gone. I'm on a "prisoner" kick right now and I remember it being one, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                    And can anyone find "Animal Husbandry" by Janis Cortese? It may have been on a website that's gone. I'm on a "prisoner" kick right now and I remember it being one, IIRC.
                    I PM'd you a link
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                      There's Dancing on the Volcano, by Toulouse (2 versions, one R) and Adobe Camp by Zoser. Not sure where to find them yet.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/663509/1/

Here's a link to Zoser's page on ff.net. Scroll to near the bottom of the page and you can find "Adobe Camp". It's rated "T", so I can't direct link it.

And for "Dancing on the Volcano",

Stargate Novel Archive

Scroll down to author's name and "Dancing" is there.
                      Last edited by hedwig; 17 March 2010, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                        My favorite stranded fic of all time...What Will It Take by SG1-Fanfic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2071449/1/

Thanks for your recommendations!
                        Thanks, that was a good one - took a while to read though, only 160,000 plus words

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        Seven Days by dietcokechic

Stories by Jen Sweeney, scroll down to "God Forsaken Planet".

The Extended Vacation by kissmekent
                        Thanks for these as well I'm still in the process of reading the sequels to Seven Days
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Dancing on the Volcano is action/adventure/hurt/comfort/UST/RST/Romance all rolled into one good story!
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, how wonderful!!! Lots of new stories...and a few new people in the thread! And thanks for all the fic recs!

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              I PM'd you a link
                              Thanks. Was happy to be able to read it again. Also, thanks to Hedwig.
                              Last edited by Gatetrixer; 17 March 2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

I've just started going through all that and I'm fascinated!! Thanks for all recs!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X