No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to whowmever it was who rec'd Maggie Eaton's Tangled Web.

Comments inside so as not to spoil you, but overall, I really enjoyed the fic.
    Spoiler:
    The story did do the rather clichéd thing with PeteTheStalker turning violent (which was VERY believable). Despite that, it was a great read. As for those who protested that strong, self-confident Sam Carter would never allow herself to be in the position, let me tell you this...I, too, am a strong, confident woman who woke up one day to find herself in an extremely abusive relationship that eventually put me in the hospital. So...yes, even strong, confident women get pulled into those dark places.
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Cute, funny rec:

Way Smarter by Splash the Cat
      The Big Question by Splash the Cat

Actually, most anything by Splash the Cat is good.

A little bit angsty, thought provoking:

Euphemism by Splash the Cat
      Together by Splash the Cat
      Last edited by hedwig; 08 February 2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Cute, funny rec:

Way Smarter by Splash the Cat
        The Big Question by Splash the Cat

Actually, most anything by Splash the Cat is good.

A little bit angsty, thought provoking:

Euphemism by Splash the Cat
        Together by Splash the Cat
        Note: The Big Question is followed by four other little stories...written alternately by Splash the Cat and Jara Dax. Figuring if one fic rec is good, the rest of the series will just have to get even better, I downloaded all the chapters! And while I haven't had time to read them yet, I noticed they do get M rated as the chapters go on. Now I'm old enough to read them (bats lashes), but I wanted to make sure anyone else who was tempted to download all of the chapters was aware!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5108523/1/
          Persistence of Memory by petitestars
          Thanks for the link, it's a great story so far.
          sigpic

Comment

Has anybody got any links to fics that are maybe set in Season 9 (ish) where Daniel, Teal'c and others find out about Sam and Jack's relationship. I've been pondering writing one, but hey, if someone has already written them, I'd love to read them!
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Can anyone rec "The Broca Divide" AU fics?
              sigpic

Comment

Has anybody got any links to fics that are maybe set in Season 9 (ish) where Daniel, Teal'c and others find out about Sam and Jack's relationship. I've been pondering writing one, but hey, if someone has already written them, I'd love to read them!
                I know a bunch of people who have written things like this (most Jack/Sam shippers long for this kind of confirmation!) I even did a whole story set from "Heroes" to "Threads" where Jack has conversations with people about the issue (Passing Time link is here. I hope the link works--I'm a newbie at this sort of thing!)

Having said that, I think that you need to write what you feel--and your view/take/expression of this story might be different than other peoples'--so go for it! Write what you feel, if you are so inspired!
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

A good post Line in the Sand rec:

While You Were Sleeping by petitestars

Originally posted by m_wendy_r
                  Originally posted by Akamaimom
                  I know a bunch of people who have written things like this (most Jack/Sam shippers long for this kind of confirmation!) I even did a whole story set from "Heroes" to "Threads" where Jack has conversations with people about the issue (Passing Time link is here. I hope the link works--I'm a newbie at this sort of thing!)

Having said that, I think that you need to write what you feel--and your view/take/expression of this story might be different than other peoples'--so go for it! Write what you feel, if you are so inspired!
                  I agree. No matter how many other people have written a similar story to what you might have in mind, there's always room for another one, and you may have a new twist or notion on the subject. Plus, you should do it just for the pleasure of writing it and having it get read.

Comment

Plus, you should do it just for the pleasure of writing it and having it get read.
                    Abso-blooming--lutely!
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Thank you for the link!!

And you guys are right, I think I might just do that!!! It is one of those things that I feel makes sense to see, we should have seen.
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        Thank you for the link!!

And you guys are right, I think I might just do that!!! It is one of those things that I feel makes sense to see, we should have seen.
                        I say go for it. And when it's written, please post a link here so we can all read it ... please.

Comment

Awww...what a good time for fic writing...just before Valenship!

Comment

Hi, looking for a fic that
                            Spoiler:
                            has
                            Sam in a car wreck in the middle of winter and an older couple in a nearby house takes her in. IIRC Jack doesn't know where she is ,(she's unconscious), so--angst.
                            Don't remember the rating, but I don't think it's R.

Comment

That sounds like something 'dreamerone' has written. You can search the name on ff.net.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                That sounds like something 'dreamerone' has written. You can search the name on ff.net.

I believe I originally read this fic before Dreamer One started her SG-1 fics.

Comment

Working...
                                X