Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Classified by HonorableHelen

Jack has an important mission he needs to attend to.
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      ...erm ... not trying to be a show off or anything like that there ... but I just happen to have a file on my computer with a bunch of stories by Syxp; 11 of them to be precise. If anyone would like them, I can e-mail them if you PM me your e-mail address. Unless, of course, they are already out there somewhere easily found on the web; the ones I have show a story ID number for fanfiction.net, but I see they are not there anymore.
      I know that this post was a long time ago, but I have been trying to find Syxp's stories for ages and if you still have them I would really love it if you could email them to me. Thank you, Dimizo

Comment

Syxp is now on AO3 under the name NellieOleson

Happy reading!
        sigpic
        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
          Syxp is now on AO3 under the name NellieOleson

Happy reading!
          And Syxp/Nellie has just posted Under Cold Blue Stars
          This is a Continuum timeline story. Because we all know that Sam and Jack can't exist in the same universe without meeting each other. Right?
          And Akamaimom posted in the S/J Discussion thread

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          Hey, all!

I've been in a "mood" lately, and this is what happened.

Angsty angst. UST.

Close
          Also new mature WIP from bluemoonmaverick Xanadu
          Last edited by iiradned; 18 July 2015, 02:06 AM.

Comment

A very lovely new fic from Akamaimom

Bygones
            He doesn't say much, at least not the words that she specifically wants to hear. Jack's more a man of action. Even knowing this, it takes another woman to make Sam understand how he really feels. Sam/Jack established relationship. Unabashedly romantic/fluffy/kind of angsty.

Comment

This may seem like it's off topic but I don't think it is.
              The Meursault Investigation by Kamel Daoud is the retelling of Albert Camus' The Stranger but looking at the murder from a different direction.
              This may indeed be a work of literature but it is someone looking at another work and seeing the possibilities. It reminds me of Fan fiction. That's what fan fiction is - seeing the possibilities.
              Many look down their noses at fan fiction - not me. And I guess not the rest of you either.
              sigpic
              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                This may seem like it's off topic but I don't think it is.
                The Meursault Investigation by Kamel Daoud is the retelling of Albert Camus' The Stranger but looking at the murder from a different direction.
                This may indeed be a work of literature but it is someone looking at another work and seeing the possibilities. It reminds me of Fan fiction. That's what fan fiction is - seeing the possibilities.
                Many look down their noses at fan fiction - not me. And I guess not the rest of you either.
                The term "fanfiction" may be modern, but it has existed long before the internet. In fact, it's said that Jane Austen's family made up stories (and I believe wrote them down) to explain what happened to Kitty and Mary, the two Bennet sisters in "Pride and Prejudice" who weren't explored in as much depth.

I think fanfiction is only natural, whether you call it by that name or not. When you love a book/movie/tv show you want to know what happens next or explore the possibilities that didn't happen before.
                sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                  The term "fanfiction" may be modern, but it has existed long before the internet. In fact, it's said that Jane Austen's family made up stories (and I believe wrote them down) to explain what happened to Kitty and Mary, the two Bennet sisters in "Pride and Prejudice" who weren't explored in as much depth.

I think fanfiction is only natural, whether you call it by that name or not. When you love a book/movie/tv show you want to know what happens next or explore the possibilities that didn't happen before.
                  Exactly. And, in a pinch, it could be said that some of Shakespeare's plays were merely retellings of various myths. Whenever any kid says "Let's play BatMan and Robin!" - that's fanfic. I had never heard of fanfic before I found Stargate, but I've always pretended to be my favorite characters and acted out new adventures for them.

In fact, I was just laughing with a friend the other day about how we used to play "Cass and Anna". I was Cassiopeia from Battlestar Gallactica (the original one - I'm old) and my friend played Anna, who was Cass's best friend, and we were a singing duo that entertained people on the ships. So, not only was I on the cutting edge of fanfic, but I also introduced an OC before OCs were cool.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I never heard of fan fiction before Stargate as well.
                    A very happy find indeed.
                    We are retelling this story we love - if we were singing it in ancient times we would be Homer's rivals.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I never heard of fan fiction before Stargate as well.
                      A very happy find indeed.
                      We are retelling this story we love - if we were singing it in ancient times we would be Homer's rivals.
                      "I remember a man. He's bald and wears a white shirt. I think he's called 'Homer'."

LOL!
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

I presently reading Passing Time by Akamaimom.
                        It is still a work in progress but it great.
                        sigpic

Comment

I presently reading Passing Time by Akamaimom.
                          It is still a work in progress but it great.
                          Is complete over on ff.net.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                            Is complete over on ff.net.
                            Hi, awesome peeps!

I'm currently in the process of archiving all my fic on AO3 as well as FF . net. It's going to take a while to get it all copied over, so I'm just taking time to load a few things a day on the second site. (I have more than 50 stories written, most of which have mulitple chapters.)

I don't know how many people read both on both sites (I always figured that one archive was as good as another), but I wanted to make sure that I had my stuff on two different sites just in case. That, and someone asked me to put my stories on AO3. I aim to please. . .

Currently, the only stories I have which are in progress or not finished are "Paradise Reborn" and "Things Owed". Everything else is finished, or stories like "Team Building", which I sometimes update as the mood strikes.

sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

There's this neat little backdating feature on AO3, for when you upload old fic.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                There's this neat little backdating feature on AO3, for when you upload old fic.
                                Obviously, I'm clueless about that. I'll go in search of it when I upload something next.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X