Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angsty_otaku View Post
    I'm on the hunt for a fic and I figured chances would be better finding it here.

I'm look for a S/J story that takes place after Jack goes to DC. The first chapter involves Jack returning to his apartment and realizes there's an intruder. He finds out that Carter asked the doorman to be let in and she asks him if she should be worried that the doorman had no issues letting a random woman up. The scene is set up that Carter has made herself comfortable in his study or in front of a computer and has basically made herself at home - but they haven't started their relationship up at this point so it gets awkward and Carter is worried she over stepped her bounds. This basically sets up the start of their relationship which they keep on the down-low. I think there's a scene where Cassie is the first to find out when she's staying with Sam in Nevada (?).
    Hi. I'd just started lurking on this site, which is really a lot of fun, when this came up. The first part of this ( the apartment, intruder, doorman, computer, etc.) is from a story I wrote called Avalanche. It doesn't have Cassie in it though, so ?? The rest is dead on. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by sam938 View Post
      Hi. I'd just started lurking on this site, which is really a lot of fun, when this came up. The first part of this ( the apartment, intruder, doorman, computer, etc.) is from a story I wrote called Avalanche. It doesn't have Cassie in it though, so ?? The rest is dead on. Hope this helps.
      Welcome to GateWorld!! I especially loved Getting a Life.

Head on over to the threads at Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread and Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Yes! It's this story for sure. I guess I was mixing your story up with the one mentioned previously. Thanks! Suffice to say, I really enjoyed it.
        Last edited by angsty_otaku; 13 September 2014, 12:28 PM.
        My flickr photography.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
          Welcome to GateWorld!! I especially loved Getting a Life.

Head on over to the threads at Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread and Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0
          Thanks for the welcome! It seems like a very nice thread!!

And I'm glad you liked Getting a Life..grin…

Sam938

Comment

Good to hear it was the one you were interested in. It's always really nice when someone remembers a story. ( And would have been very embarrassing if it wasn't the one you were looking for and I'd mentioned it.. grin.) Thanks for all. I appreciate it.

Sam938

Comment

So this has led me to rediscovering one of my favorite stories.

Sam I'm not even going to try and be cool- I'm a major fan, love your work!

Land of Sky Blue Waters by Sam938. Thor doesn’t beam Jack up until a week later. Sam accepts the offer to go fishing, but things don’t necessarily work out the way they’re planned. S/J ; UST. Written in 2006; 20 chapters. Some adventure.

Comment

Good to hear it was the one you were interested in. It's always really nice when someone remembers a story. ( And would have been very embarrassing if it wasn't the one you were looking for and I'd mentioned it.. grin.) Thanks for all. I appreciate it.

Sam938
                I LOVED Getting A Life. It's on my favorite list.

Comment

cyced and hedwig,

Thanks for the warm welcome to the list!

I'm delighted to hear you liked the stories.

Cough.. ok, that pink on your screen is not your monitor wacking out. It's a blush going through my fingertips into the keyboard and on into the etherwilderness. Thanks so much.

I thought I'd recommend a story I really love -- which I bet everyone has already read, but …

Birthday Traditions by Kate McCaye. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/625070/Kate-McCaye

It's a series of 8 stories about birthday parties Jack throws for Sam and Daniel. Her take on the characters is really just so much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I LOVED Getting A Life. It's on my favorite list.
                    It's in mine, too. What a great fic!

Comment

Originally posted by cyced View Post
                      Land of Sky Blue Waters by Sam938. Thor doesn’t beam Jack up until a week later. Sam accepts the offer to go fishing, but things don’t necessarily work out the way they’re planned. S/J ; UST. Written in 2006; 20 chapters. Some adventure.
                      Ooh! I hadn't read that one before (no idea how that's possible!) and I LOVED it.

Comment

Can anyone recommend any fics with some sort of mind link? Telepathy, shared dreams, sensing each other's emotions... Any rating, any length. I'm having a craving for that sort of thing and can't seem to find anything.

I've probably read everything in ffnet & ao3 earlier so links to other sites would be awesome but I wouldn't mind re-reading good ones if someone has favorites to share.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazmuko View Post
                          Can anyone recommend any fics with some sort of mind link? Telepathy, shared dreams, sensing each other's emotions... Any rating, any length. I'm having a craving for that sort of thing and can't seem to find anything.

I've probably read everything in ffnet & ao3 earlier so links to other sites would be awesome but I wouldn't mind re-reading good ones if someone has favorites to share.
                          Awakened Awareness by JennyA (RatedM) - After touching an alien device, something unexpected happens. Now, Jack and Sam are unable to hide their thoughts from each other... and this gets Jack in big trouble!

Interior Monologue by Eliza (Rated Adult) - Jack can read minds...

Triumvirate by openended (Rated: Explicit) BWarning: Includes Sam/Jack/Daniel) - When Sam, Jack and Daniel come back from a mission hearing each other's thoughts, everything starts to go awry. Feeling feelings they've never had to feel before - and hearing thoughts they really wish would shut up already - they stumble through to discover the truth behind their predicament. Sam's capture leaves all of them reeling but faced with the reality of splitting up the team, they pull together and strike a deal with aliens they don't quite trust who promise to return them to normal...if that's even possible.

Galatea by ShoeQueen (Rated: Mostly T) - Sam is caught in a Goa'uld trap. To save her Jack must be pushed physically, mentally and emotionally.

The Torment of Tantalus by Karibou (Rated M) - The team explores an abandoned offworld structure and makes a discovery that has some unintended consequences for Carter and O’Neill.
                          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Joined at the Head by Carhop
                            SG1 participates in an alien ceremony and starts to hear each other's thoughts and feel their emotions.
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Mesalane
                              SG-1 stumble upon a legend, its fulfilment affects them all.
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Can anyone remember the name of the fic of the missing scene from 'Descent' where, as Sam and Jack are walking back from being drowned, one of them grabs the other by the lapels and throws them against a wall to make out with each other because they almost just drowned.
                                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                                X