Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
    Hi shippers, I have a slight request (more of desperate plea actually) - can anyone recommend a good shippy in-character RST fic that doesn't involve babies?

I've been going back thru ff.net archives and every fic I've started to read recently has turned into a mushy baby fic with preachy/religious undertones and Sam being so OOC it's unreal! Oh, and my biggest pet peeve, "don't worry, you're pregnant so the President changed the regs for you!" - arrrrggggh! *furiously presses the back button*

I'm slowly losing the will to live. I need some good fic stat!
    These are sorted in descending order by length...

Galatea by ShoeQueen
    Broken Wings by TracyT
    Breakable by Soleya
    So, This is Paradise? by draco_somnians
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
      These are sorted in descending order by length...

Galatea by ShoeQueen
      Broken Wings by TracyT
      Breakable by Soleya
      So, This is Paradise? by draco_somnians
      Thanks Amara, you're the best!

I just read "Humming" by Draco_Somnians... Ooft! *fans self* Angry Jack gives me chills of the good kind lol!
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Thanks Amara, you're the best!

I just read "Humming" by Draco_Somnians... Ooft! *fans self* Angry Jack gives me chills of the good kind lol!
        Did you read "The Final Straw" by Draco Somnians? And, "So This is Paradise"?
        Last edited by hedwig; 16 June 2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Did you read "The Final Straw" by Draco Somnians?
          I'm working my way through the list but "Commanding Officer" is going on my fave list! *Very* blue but ... Wow! "50 Shades of Grey" is left in the dust!

Comment

I'm working my way through the list but "Commanding Officer" is going on my fave list! *Very* blue but ... Wow! "50 Shades of Grey" is left in the dust!
            That one is on my fave list too!

Comment

I just read that one. I've been working my way through all the stories on that page.

Comment

Hi shippers, I have a slight request (more of desperate plea actually) - can anyone recommend a good shippy in-character RST fic that doesn't involve babies?

I've been going back thru ff.net archives and every fic I've started to read recently has turned into a mushy baby fic with preachy/religious undertones and Sam being so OOC it's unreal! Oh, and my biggest pet peeve, "don't worry, you're pregnant so the President changed the regs for you!" - arrrrggggh! *furiously presses the back button*

I'm slowly losing the will to live. I need some good fic stat!

"Follow the Star of the North" by ziparumpazoo (link to author page for M rating). When Jack talked about losing himself in Minnesota, Sam never really understood the appeal. post series/SGU era.

It's shorter than many, but I hope it hits the spot.
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                  Could it be Double Discovery by Sally Reeve?
                  Yes! Perfect, thank you!
                  Appearances may be deceiving.
                  One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
                  A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
                  Never run with... scissors?

Comment

Gonna be a pain in the mikta again - am looking for two fics.
                    First one is about Sam having a baby to assist in the thawing and recovery of Jack and Jack doesn't know - it's Thor's fault - he said they needed the cord blood so Sam had Jacks baby.
                    The second one is about SG1 getting stuck on a planet with no hope of returning home so Sam and Jack start a relationship but then Daniel and Teal'c feel left out - in the end Sam has a schedule made up to be with each man and she has kids to all three - not exactly top reading material but I cannot for the life of me find it.
                    Cheers.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      First one is about Sam having a baby to assist in the thawing and recovery of Jack and Jack doesn't know - it's Thor's fault - he said they needed the cord blood so Sam had Jacks baby.
                      The second one is about SG1 getting stuck on a planet with no hope of returning home so Sam and Jack start a relationship but then Daniel and Teal'c feel left out - in the end Sam has a schedule made up to be with each man and she has kids to all three - not exactly top reading material but I cannot for the life of me find it.
                      Cheers.
                      Lol, sorry Chelle, doesn't sound like something I would have ever read! Good luck finding them though, I'm sure someone around here has read them

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        Cheers.
                        I know I've read that second fic, but I can't seem to find it.

Comment

I've read it too and had no luck finding it either sorry, its actually really annoying as I was so sure it was on stargate fan but no such luck. I'm even pretty sure I remember a line from it- "I'm sorry but Jack's just going to have to share"-stupid brain remembers this stuff but not one title!

Off topic- Just spotted your coming soon sign for your new fic Amara- Yay!!!!

Comment

The first one sounds vaguely familiar but then there seem to be a lot of fics like that! Can say for certain that I've definitely never read - nor ever will - the second one though. *shudders*
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

That's one of the lines I remembered too, Cyced.

And yep - new fic on the way. Like...nine days, if I play my cards right.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                                That's one of the lines I remembered too, Cyced.

And yep - new fic on the way. Like...nine days, if I play my cards right.
                                You better!
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X