Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
    Probably because most people would say the exact opposite lol (well apart from the RDA mentalists on here like me )

Although I do love Colin Firth in Love Actually, he does play the adorable bumbling English toff so well. How to be a toff without coming across as a **** - David Cameron, take note.

Best Colin Firth description ever.

I loved him in Pride and Prejudice and I only watched it for the first time recently. With hubby. Every time he came on screen hubby would make this exploding bomb noise 'cause he looks ridiculously serious in every single scene. I loved it though.
    sigpic
    sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Edit: on a side note, the first time I saw the British press abbreviate the PM's wife's name to "SamCam" my first thought was "what the hell are Sam Carter and Cameron Mitchell shippers doing in the newspaper?" lol
      Lol I thought the exact the same thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        As Long as She's Smiling by ScruffyLovin has been nominated in the Best AU category of the Sam and Jack Multimedia Awards 2014!

Takes place in The Changeling firemanverse. Jack knows that everything will be okay as long as she's smiling at him. Established SJ.

Primary Emotion by Amara has been nominated in Best Angst:

After seventeen weeks of torture in a Goa'uld prison, Samantha Carter is rescued by SG-1. In the time that follows she must relearn how to relate to her team, reassess her relationships with both herself and others, and decide whether or not she'll continue to step through the Stargate. Luckily she's got the benefit of a good psychologist and the love of a great man.

'Light Addictions' by remerkaba has been nominated (and said nom was accepted by the author) for a Sam and Jack Multimedia Award 2014 in the category 'Best Mature'.

Desperate Times by Heaven In A Wild Flower has been nominated (and said nom was accepted by the author) for a Sam and Jack Multimedia Award 2014 in the category 'Best Hurt/Comfort'.

If anyone wants to share their review (whichever lenght you wish) about any or all of the nominated fics then please either PM me or post them here in the thread. We're already promoting all the accepted noms via our social media accounts but we will do so on our blog as well, and we'd like to add some reviews to the blog posts.

Thanks in advance!

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Black Cherry Desire by Amara has been nominated in the Best Flash Fiction (101-1000 words) category of the Sam and Jack Multimedia Awards 2014.

Marked on the Calendar by ami_ven has also been nominated in the Best Flash Fiction category!

Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Ami_ven makes a lot of amazing short fics, and I really like them. I was reading the latest ones on LJ and found this gem: Dance Partner. Enjoy!

Comment

*feels like a spammer*

Pol's Campfire Stories, Season One have been nominated for a Sam and Jack Multimedia Award 2014 in the Best Friendship/Pre-ship category!

A series of stories set on different planets, filling in the growth of the relationship between Sam and Jack. Some are missing scenes, some are episode tags. Marked "complete" because each chapter can stand alone. Feedback always answered.

On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Not a spammer at all!! I'm really enjoying the announcements. I get to see what others are enjoying and if I agree and in the case of Pol's season one campfire I get reminded of a fic I love and will now run off to read again

Comment

There's no such thing as spamming here when it involves lots and lots of S/J fics.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    There's no such thing as spamming here when it involves lots and lots of S/J fics.

Just think of it as great recs for us relative noobs who may not have read them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                      Just popping in...new Campfire is with the beta. Expect it tomorrow...hope folks are still reading them, I know I've been really remiss in my posting.

Pol
                      Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                      OF COURSE WE'RE STILL READING THEM. I wish I knew the secret to making you write more. You keep having a life and I'm like - what's up with that?
                      Yeah...what Nynaeve said!!
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post

Best Colin Firth description ever.

I loved him in Pride and Prejudice and I only watched it for the first time recently. With hubby. Every time he came on screen hubby would make this exploding bomb noise 'cause he looks ridiculously serious in every single scene. I loved it though.
                        He does lol! I'm sure his expression would be similar if the Earth was about to explode or his pen ran out of ink.

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                        Lol I thought the exact the same thing!!
                        Great minds or just SG obsessed?
                        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Great minds or just SG obsessed?
                          Aren't all SG-obsessed minds great?

Comment

Here's a notice I found on the Stargate Novel's page on Facebook.

Stargate SG-1: Two Roads by Geonn Cannon. Coming June 2014.

The spoils of war

The Goa’uld have been defeated, the Jaffa are free and, in the power vacuum left behind, the dark underbelly of the galaxy is fighting over the spoils.

Among these thieves and rogues is Vala Mal Doran, on the trail of the fabulous treasure left behind by the System Lord Kali. But Vala is not the only one seeking the hoard. Back at Stargate Command, Dr Daniel Jackson has made a horrifying discovery – a doomsday device designed to exterminate the Jaffa who have dared to defy their gods.

Kali’s treasure might provide SG-1 with the means to disarm the device, but only if they can steal it back from one of the galaxy’s most ruthless criminals. Of course, it’s entirely possible that Vala Mal Doran will get there first.

Comment

Looks like it could be a good story but I'm a little confused as it looks like its AU? Or is that my sleep deprived brain misreading it? I thought the novels didn't do AU? Guessing Sam and Jack shippyness will be out of the question too based on that storyline but will probably still have a nosey

Comment

The author wouldn't happen to be the Geonn from AO3 by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                                X