Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
    Sadly, we've lost a lot of awesome work. Luckily many people cross posted between multiple archives. But it does make me itch to design another archive that could house all the stuff out there. Even something like the novel archive or Gossamer Project would work with text files behind an attractive GUI. But I do think the days of individual websites for fanfic are slowly ending. Between FFN, AO3 and DA people are keeping all their work collected together. Back before we had FFN those websites were fantastic.

Besides...if I hosted an archive I think it would be really difficult to resist the urge to demand a certain level of quality.
    This is precisely why I have never taken the initiative on something like this!
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Thanks Amara and Kimberley for the information about Heliopolis. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't disappear like so many other sites.
      sigpic

Comment

Amara, any chance of you posting your rec list of this month a day or two earlier? I'm in need of reading some nice fic and could use a few recs, be they old or new!
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Lol, I could post it early. Give me a bit to pull it together.
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Yay!
            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

A couple days early and by request, here are the fics that captured my attention (for the first or second or third time) this month. I read a bunch of fics in the stranded and medical categories this month, but there's other stuff here, too.

Beginning, as always, with the more mildly rated fics:
              • That One Time on P3X-595 by Nynaeve506 - "Remember that time on P3X-595? You drank that stuff that made you take off…" In retrospect, Jack probably should have warned her about drinking alien alcohol.
              • Ninety-eight Days by TereC - What if Jack and Laira hadn't gotten together? (mild S/J)
              • Jaunt to Paradise by Spiletta42 - A stargate malfunction strands Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter in a cliché.
              • We Build and then We Break (And Build Up Again) by Annerb - Sam’s last mission on SG-1, and the life that follows.
              • Stranded by Mandarax - The inevitable "Jack and Sam get stranded" story that each of us fanfic writers has to write at one point.
              • Holy Matrimony by Suz
              • Past the Breakers and the Markers by Nanda - “On the plus side, Anubis had no way to find them, either.”
              • A Hostage Crisis by Nanda - In which aliens may or may not let them do it.
              • Who They Are by Gail R. Delaney (KissHerJack) - Sam is gone, but Jack can't let her go. Season 8 Warning: Representation of Major Character Death.
              • Second Secrets by CooperTrooperSG1 - Set after Sam's dad tells her he has cancer in "Secrets." O'Neill was the only other one there. Come on, this one had to be done.
              • Rusted Wheel by Annerb - Things were strained enough between them before they ended up prisoners on a desert planet. Only then there's an unexpected side effect to the technology keeping them trapped.
              • This Cannot Be Happening by Jojo6
              • Let the World Spin by Annerb - SG-1’s stranded off world. Some of them are having a more difficult time accepting it than others.
              • I Love it When a Plan Comes Together by Annerb - Dear Airline, I was marooned on an alien planet... Short and silly fluffity fluff.
              • Half a Conversation by mrspollifax - Jack's trying to behave, really he is, but there's just nothing else to think about here. Sam, Jack and a partly-silent conversation.
              • Ouroboros by Pol - The events in and around Jacob Carter's funeral near the ends of Season 8's "Threads."
              • Conversations Under the Stars (Series) by Kate1013 - "There's a difference between loving someone and being in love with them..." Sam takes some time out to reflect on what happened during the Lost City as well as her situation with Pete, getting some much needed advice from someone she didn't expect.; Sam felt like she was in a rehabilitation programme with a 12-step guide. Sequel to Half Light.; Her father had died. Anubis had attempted to blow up the planet and failed. The Replicators had been wiped from the galaxy. And Jack had lain curled up behind her as she cried into her pillow that night. Sequel to Three Quarters.

And on to the blue fics (because I wouldn't be me without them):
              • Stranded by Divine Joker - SG1 and several other SGC members and people are left on a
                planet.
              • Light in the Darkness by Sasha713 - It had been three years since he had been on Earth. Maybe too much had changed... (Jack returns to Earth after three years imprisoned)
              • You Just Might Find by siegeofangels - Sam and Jack, stranded. (How much do I want to summarize this: They lost everything . . . and found each other? LOTS.)
              • Broken by sjhw_tolerance (Sue Corkill) - A/U fic where Sam is the one who receives a medical discharge.
              • Bird Stealing Bread by Surreallis (Jennghis Kahn)
              • Not so Unexpected After All by mrspollifax - This isn't really how he'd thought it would happen. Timestamp-meme sequel to Half a Conversation.
              • Look Again Into Your Heart by mrspollifax - It's not that cold, not by the standard of some of the places she's been in the last decade or so of her life, but then again, she's not used to braving the weather in heels and an evening dress.

And finally the WIPs that either caught my attention new this month or were updated this month:
              • At the Edge of Nothing at All by miss parker - “While the Copernican principle comes with no guarantees that it will forever guide us to cosmic truths, it's worked quite well so far: not only is Earth not in the center of the solar system, but the solar system is not in the center of the Milky Way galaxy, the Milky Way galaxy is not in the center of the universe, and it may come to pass that our universe is just one of many that comprise a multiverse. And in case you're one of those people who thinks that the edge may be a special place, we are not at the edge of anything either.” ? Neil deGrasse Tyson
              • The Gulf Beween by MrsSwords - An AU story set before the original feature film. It's August 1990, and Sam and Jack are both called up to serve in the Gulf War. When their paths cross, what lasting impact do they make on each other?
              • Soldier On by fems - General Jack O'Neill is bored with flying a desk and takes the chance to go off-world again when the opportunity presents itself. Not wanting to play favorites he leaves SG-1 behind with Carter in charge of the base and takes Ferretti and a diplomatic team with him. Of course, things don't go as planned and it's up to Sam to mount a S&R mission and bring them home safely.
              Last edited by Amara D'Angeli; 30 March 2014, 07:32 AM.
              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Thanks for the recs! I just watched 100 Days and I find myself desperately needing to read a fic where Jack is stranded on a planet with a woman he actually loves.

Really dislike that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                  Thanks for the recs! I just watched 100 Days and I find myself desperately needing to read a fic where Jack is stranded on a planet with a woman he actually loves.

Really dislike that episode.
                  Me too. I don't think Laira is evil or anything, she's just... boring. And I think that annoys me more. He gave up on SG-1 (and Sam) for some woman. No one special. Jack's not a homely type yet he went for a bland "housewife" type woman. Sara even had more gumption than Laira and she *was* a housewife!

Personally I think he took leave of his sanity for a couple of months. Trauma of being left behind or something.

Shades of Grey fics where he fixes what he said to Sam are some of my favourite. Jack really needed to apologise for being such an @$$ in both 100 Days and Shades.

Maybe Sam should have gone a little "50 Shades of Grey" on him lol, preferably with a whip. He deserved it!
                  Last edited by AmberLM; 30 March 2014, 03:40 PM.
                  Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                    Shades of Grey fics where he fixes what he said to Sam are some of my favourite. Jack really needed to apologise for being such an @$$ in both 100 Days and Shades.
                    Any examples? I think I'll be needing it as I continue through my rewatch. Or perhaps I'll just skip it altogether.

Maybe Sam should have gone a little "50 Shades of Grey" on him lol, preferably with a whip. He deserved it!
                    Lol! I haven't read the book, but I get what you mean

Comment

Any examples? I think I'll be needing it as I continue through my rewatch. Or perhaps I'll just skip it altogether.

Lol! I haven't read the book, but I get what you mean
                      Me either but I've heard enough of a summary from my colleagues! Forgive me but Christian Gray has nothin' on Jack O'Neill

Here's a fic rec for a fix-it for Shades of Grey:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8768021...lack-and-White

Comment

Here's a fic rec for a fix-it for Shades of Grey:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8768021...lack-and-White
                        Ahh that's better. All is right with the world. Thanks!

Comment

You're welcome

Here's another rec. it's an antidote to all of those "Badfic!Pete starts beating Damsel-in-distress Sam and Sir Jack has to swoop in and save her" - this is how Sam would really react

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2356689...ily-Ever-After

Comment

Although, having said Jack was an @$$ in Shades of Grey, I actually think that, looking back on his reasons for what he said, it's actually a helluva compliment he gives to Sam. He hasn't been a nasty b****** since he met her! She's changed him for the better. Wow, that's one heck of an admission! Note that he also doesn't credit Daniel with changing him from suicidal maniac (I.e. During the movie) to funny guy.

He may as well have just confessed that he loved her there and then!

Comment

Although, having said Jack was an @$$ in Shades of Grey, I actually think that, looking back on his reasons for what he said, it's actually a helluva compliment he gives to Sam. He hasn't been a nasty b****** since he met her! She's changed him for the better. Wow, that's one heck of an admission! Note that he also doesn't credit Daniel with changing him from suicidal maniac (I.e. During the movie) to funny guy.

He may as well have just confessed that he loved her there and then!
                              Haha. A bit of a stretch, but I'll go with it! We could, actually, infer that having met Sam turned him from the suicidal b****** to the funny guy we know and love.

Here's another rec. it's an antidote to all of those "Badfic!Pete starts beating Damsel-in-distress Sam and Sir Jack has to swoop in and save her" - this is how Sam would really react

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2356689...ily-Ever-After
                              Any story that has Jack/cake listed as a pairing is bound to be good. Maybe we should start a Jack/Cake Ship Appreciation Thread

Comment

How have I never seen this thread before? Oh, so many more to read! I'll toss a few of my stories out there if anyone would like to read them.

Galatea (58K words)

Have Yourself a Shippy Little Christmas (13K words)

I Saw Three Ships Go Sailing By (9K words)

Paper Flowers (6K words)

Stop the Wedding (9K words)

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? (9K words)

All stories are complete. I have several others working in my mind, but haven't had the chance to write them down.
                                FF Name ~ Shoe Queen

Read my 2014 Sam and Jack Multimedia Awards nominated fics!

Galatea
                                I Saw Three Ships
                                What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
                                Staying Behind
                                Always Find You
                                Paper Flowers
                                The Things We Want
                                Have Yourself a Shippy Little Christmas

Comment

Working...
                                X