Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Claireniccie View Post
    That's the one! It's a good one! I did a rubbish job of describing it!
    I enjoyed it, too. Normally I don't go for those "change the characters' histories completely" fics, but that one was enjoyable. Glad we were able to find it for you!
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

This is not specifically about Sam and Jack. It is about the aftermath of 2010, as though it had actually happened and history didn't get changed.

Contingency by Chris7221 -
      The Aschen thought they could subjugate us, make us dependent, strip us of our defences, and slowly doom our race to extinction. Our greatest heroes lie dead, and we as a race are dying. But we're not going to just sit down and let ourselves be condemned to extinction. We're going to make them pay for every life they took before it began. 2010 continuity.

Comment

I have to say one of my favourites ever is Intervention. I'm not sure if its been recommended on this list (but there are 230 pages). It's an epic size but I couldn't stop reading! If you haven't read it it's brilliant! It's by Jo R!

Comment

Originally posted by Claireniccie View Post
          I have to say one of my favourites ever is Intervention. I'm not sure if its been recommended on this list (but there are 230 pages). It's an epic size but I couldn't stop reading! If you haven't read it it's brilliant! It's by Jo R!
          Do you have a link?
          sigpic
          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
            Do you have a link?
            Unfortunately, I don't think it's online anymore. At least it's not on Jo.R's page on samandjack.net.
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Fems just posted a link to Intervention from the Sam/Jack AU thread. It's http://sgnovels.creativearchivist.ne...tervention.txt

It did manage to keep me entertained this afternoon while in bed sick, so that's a plus. On a whole though, the main plot doesn't make a lot of sense, and OOCness rears it's ugly head from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Indigo View Post
                Fems just posted a link to Intervention from the Sam/Jack AU thread. It's http://sgnovels.creativearchivist.ne...tervention.txt
                Thank you!
                sigpic
                Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

A couple of WIPs that are regularly updated:

Final Mission by Lillie Flowers
                  Jack and Sam just wanted to have a quiet wedding with friends, but nothing can ever go as planned with this team. Adventure/romance, set between Seasons 8 and 9. This story can be read on its own, but it also works as a sequel to my One Last Chance fic.

Eirenia - Starting Over by vinividivinci - After being convicted of treason on Earth, Jack is rescued and taken to a new world where he starts a new life without his team. However, things can never be too easy for him - and he ends up needing his team once more. Adventure, romance, some whump, team fic, S/J - you name it -it's got it.

Comment

Okay, I'm going nuts, so I need some help from you all. I'm looking for an apocafic (S/J) where Sam is sent to prison, Daniel and Teal'c are left at the mountain, and the NID (or someone) get Sam out of prison to save the world again, because the Goa'uld are coming. The Tok'ra are involved, also, and they debate using the symbiote poison, so that would make it about season 8?
                    I know I had to have gotten it from here, or at least the author, but I have no clue who it might have been. It was a longer fic, I remember that much.
                    Any ideas, guys?

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                      Okay, I'm going nuts, so I need some help from you all. I'm looking for an apocafic (S/J) where Sam is sent to prison, Daniel and Teal'c are left at the mountain, and the NID (or someone) get Sam out of prison to save the world again, because the Goa'uld are coming. The Tok'ra are involved, also, and they debate using the symbiote poison, so that would make it about season 8?
                      I know I had to have gotten it from here, or at least the author, but I have no clue who it might have been. It was a longer fic, I remember that much.
                      Any ideas, guys?
                      Not something I've come across. Sorry.
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                        Any ideas, guys?
                        I remember part of that fic, I think. Your description seems familiar, in any case. In the one I'm thinking about, Jack was similarly removed from the mountain-- it's revealed later that the NID were involved. Does that ring a bell? It's Wings of the Apocalypse.

Take a look and let me know if it's what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                          I remember part of that fic, I think. Your description seems familiar, in any case. In the one I'm thinking about, Jack was similarly removed from the mountain-- it's revealed later that the NID were involved. Does that ring a bell? It's Wings of the Apocalypse.

Take a look and let me know if it's what you're looking for.
                          Thank you! I just glanced through, and that looks like it. The title didn't ring a bell for me on the list, and there's no description. Now, I can go back and read it again!

Comment

Haven't Used This Before So Don't Really Know What Im Doing. I'm Looking For A Story About Jack And Sam I Read A While Ago. Jacks A General And Sam Goes To Live With Him In DC. Sams Pregnant And Jack Takes Her On A Date Where They End Up In A Pub. Jack End Up In A Fight With Some Airmen Who Try It On With Sam.Anyway The Airmen Get Into Trouble And Try To Get Back At Them And Kidnap Sam. Jacks Secretary Gets Involved At Some Point Because Jack Turns Her Down I Think. And I Think Sam And Jack Are Linked Some How,Jack FeelsSams Labour Pains. Any Help Finding It Would Be Appreciated. I'm Hoping I've Got The Details Right And Not Muddled Stories Together!

Comment

Originally posted by curlywhirly View Post
                              Haven't Used This Before So Don't Really Know What Im Doing. I'm Looking For A Story About Jack And Sam I Read A While Ago. Jacks A General And Sam Goes To Live With Him In DC. Sams Pregnant And Jack Takes Her On A Date Where They End Up In A Pub. Jack End Up In A Fight With Some Airmen Who Try It On With Sam.Anyway The Airmen Get Into Trouble And Try To Get Back At Them And Kidnap Sam. Jacks Secretary Gets Involved At Some Point Because Jack Turns Her Down I Think. And I Think Sam And Jack Are Linked Some How,Jack FeelsSams Labour Pains. Any Help Finding It Would Be Appreciated. I'm Hoping I've Got The Details Right And Not Muddled Stories Together!
                              Doesn't sound familiar. But then, I don't go searching for pregnancy fics, so it's unlikely I've stumbled upon it on my own.

Check out the Sam/Jack Kids and Pregnancy fic list and see if any of those ring a bell.

Comment

Originally posted by curlywhirly View Post
                                That actually sounds somewhat familiar. If it's the same one I'm thinking of, Sam goes into labor while being held captive. I don't know if I'll be able to find it, but I'll give it a try. Might be a few days, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X