Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    What Majorsal said...you stopped there?!
    LOL Yep! I'll finish it, I promise!
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

I'm fine with pinning a master list of lists. I'm thinking a closed thread with just links to the different 'live' threads. A 'one stop shop'

Right now the biggest focus does seem to be on Sam and Jack fic, and that's fine. The focus is where the interest is. But one thing to keep in mind, if we get a lot of these lists in multiple pairings and characters there may be a need for a cross genre master list, which means one day a master master list thread may be merged into a larger general one.

We do have to bear in mind the number or sticked threads. And if we get too many, they kinda defeat the purpose cause they take up the whole first page of the area.

I guess what I'm saying, I love what you guys have done, and I respect it, just know that master lists of lists aren't sacred and if peoples interest grows in other pairings or characters we may do some combining (not of the individual threads, just the master lists of lists)
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        I'm fine with pinning a master list of lists. I'm thinking a closed thread with just links to the different 'live' threads. A 'one stop shop'

Right now the biggest focus does seem to be on Sam and Jack fic, and that's fine. The focus is where the interest is. But one thing to keep in mind, if we get a lot of these lists in multiple pairings and characters there may be a need for a cross genre master list, which means one day a master master list thread may be merged into a larger general one.

We do have to bear in mind the number or sticked threads. And if we get too many, they kinda defeat the purpose cause they take up the whole first page of the area.

I guess what I'm saying, I love what you guys have done, and I respect it, just know that master lists of lists aren't sacred and if peoples interest grows in other pairings or characters we may do some combining (not of the individual threads, just the master lists of lists)
        I really can't imagine anyone having a problem with that.

I'm happy to provide the text and coding for the Sam/Jack masterlist. Do I just provide that to you and let you open the post or do I need to open the post and let you pin and close it?
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

If you close the thread can you (as a mod) still add to it later? Because we (well, you, provided with our links) could just make a sticky called "Collection of fanfics list per pairing and genres" or something and have one post for S/J fic, one for gen fic and perhaps one for Tok'ra fic or something if there are lists like that for pairings other than S/J. Then, if in the future more lists are made they could be added to the sticky in a new post by a mod.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

yeah, as a mod I can add to it when it's closed (which would probably be easier)
            I can also open it for a period to let people post then close it again.

I think the list makers can start a thread, titling it the master list of lists or whatever they want. They can make their posts and then simply report a post in there asking for it to be closed. It can always be added to. And if someone happens to comment we can remove them and clean it up.

I won't appoint anyone to do it, because you guys have been doing a wonderful job of organizing it yourself so I don't want to step in and interfere.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okay. Well, meredithe5 and fems, I'm happy to pull that together but before I did I wanted to find out if either one of you were partial to a particular title for the thread. We could do something as simple as "Master Sam/Jack Fic List by Category" or something more general if the thread might one day host other lists people have put together in other ships.

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                Okay. Well, meredithe5 and fems, I'm happy to pull that together but before I did I wanted to find out if either one of you were partial to a particular title for the thread. We could do something as simple as "Master Sam/Jack Fic List by Category" or something more general if the thread might one day host other lists people have put together in other ships.
                Fine by me, although I do think it should be a list for all fanfic lists and not just be limited to S/J.
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  Fine by me, although I do think it should be a list for all fanfic lists and not just be limited to S/J.
                  So do something like titling the tread "Master Fic List" and then titling the post "Master S/J Fic List by Category"? That'd probably do. That way all the other ships could just simply provide their list info to a mod and voilà!

Comment

Sure.
                    On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Fantastic! And did I see that correctly somewhere along the way...Ikorni, were you going to make a banner for that post?

Comment

Fantastic! And did I see that correctly somewhere along the way...Ikorni, were you going to make a banner for that post?
                        Actually I did it already, but since there's talk about all the fics and not just S/J, would it still be appropriate?

The link's here if you think it's needed.
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                          Actually I did it already, but since there's talk about all the fics and not just S/J, would it still be appropriate?

The link's here if you think it's needed.
                          I don't see any reason why we can't put an SJ banner on the SJ post and then let the other ships put theirs on their posts. What do you think?

Comment

I would name it Master Fanfiction List and have a category for Sam/Jack. I'm sure that people with other likes would also like their lists posted which is fine with me. That way there's one place to go to find all the 'lists' even though most of them will be Sam/Jack hehe. Ikorni made a lovely banner!
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't see any reason why we can't put an SJ banner on the SJ post and then let the other ships put theirs on their posts. What do you think?
                              Sure thing. If it works for everyone, then great!
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                                I would name it Master Fanfiction List and have a category for Sam/Jack. I'm sure that people with other likes would also like their lists posted which is fine with me. That way there's one place to go to find all the 'lists' even though most of them will be Sam/Jack hehe. Ikorni made a lovely banner!
                                Well, before I post the "master list" you want to make categories for the other things we've talked about along the way? (Or I can, if you know what we need - goodness knows you're already policing a bunch of the lists...) That way the master list really is a master list and we can leave the mods alone about it? Perhaps we ought to be asking for other (final, sort of) category ideas over at the appreciation thread...

Comment

Working...
                                X