No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the rec! It's not the one I'm thinking of. I don't think Jack actually returned to Earth. I'm probably mixing parts of it up with other fics but I remember that Jack was injured during the fighting and Sam had to take over while being something like eight months pregnant because there was no one else. Jack recovered but he was in a lot of pain for the rest of his life. I also think the last chapter was told from his son's pov recalling playing under the table while his father held cabinet meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by raeble View Post
      Can anyone rec any AU where Jack ends up leaving Earth? I vaguely remember a story where Jack & Sam ended up leaving earth and creating a resistance think it was post 2010 episode. Jack became president of the group of worlds but was viewed as a traitor by earth. Thanks.
      Thanks for the rec! It's not the one I'm thinking of. I don't think Jack actually returned to Earth. I'm probably mixing parts of it up with other fics but I remember that Jack was injured during the fighting and Sam had to take over while being something like eight months pregnant because there was no one else. Jack recovered but he was in a lot of pain for the rest of his life. I also think the last chapter was told from his son's pov recalling playing under the table while his father held cabinet meetings.
      re bolded: you aren't . The fic you are searching for is one of my all-time favourites, thus I know you got most of the details right (except Jack never fully recovered). Anyway, it's The Standing Series by Offworlder, previously rec'ced for example here.

Enjoy!
      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
      sigpic
      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Can anyone rec any AU where Jack ends up leaving Earth? I vaguely remember a story where Jack & Sam ended up leaving earth and creating a resistance think it was post 2010 episode. Jack became president of the group of worlds but was viewed as a traitor by earth. Thanks.
        You might like these two by Ted Sadler:

The Trader's Wife
        and
        The Price of Life

Sam has a new boyfriend and Jack takes it rather hard. He leaves the SGC and earth, and becomes a trader around the galaxy. He returns to earth about a year later, by which time Sam's boyfriend is long gone. Sam decides to go with Jack when he leaves again, and their trading business becomes very large, and eventually Jack becomes the head of the trading group.

Comment

thesam jack fanfic726]re bolded: you aren't . The fic you are searching for is one of my all-time favourites, thus I know you got most of the details right (except Jack never fully recovered). Anyway, it's The Standing Series by Offworlder, previously rec'ced for example here.

Enjoy! [/QUOTE]

I completely second this recc. It is such an epic story and if you're sick of the Gou'ald always being the baddies, this one helps with that as well. But really, it's an epic AU piece that's very well written.
          Last edited by picardythirds; 27 August 2012, 12:26 AM.

Comment

I've re-read for the umpteenth time penknife's Drink that Sun (rated NC-17, but it's mild) and MissParker's Deep City Lights and now I crave more S/J fics about road trips, preferably here on Earth. Can anyone rec something?
            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
            sigpic
            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Rachel500's Road Trip is another one.
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                I've re-read for the umpteenth time penknife's Drink that Sun (rated NC-17, but it's mild) and MissParker's Deep City Lights and now I crave more S/J fics about road trips, preferably here on Earth. Can anyone rec something?
                These may have been recced here before, but here's a couple you might like: Caladria101's Of Carters and Sams and Motorbikes, and I believe MissParker also wrote a short road trip scene in her Plan C series (whichever story where they drive Cassie to university-also rated M). It's been awhile since I've read these fics, but yea, they've got road trip elements in them

Edit: Quickly reread Caladria's fic-it's not totally how I remember it (funny how that happens huh) as it definitely deals with Jack's insecurity about his intelligence and worthiness (for those who may be wary).
                Last edited by marty88; 28 August 2012, 06:11 PM.

Comment

*sneaks in*

Banner made by Oma

I hope everyone's excited about the upcoming SG1 Shipper Rewatch!! We'll be starting this Friday (or Saturday depending on where you live) and SGSuzi will be starting us off with our first review.

If you haven't done a rewatch this is what we'll do: The reviewer will post their review on the date listed after watching the episode then everyone will have the chance to watch it on their own time and give their feedback. Feel free to share pics, artwork you've created, vids, and tag fics that fit in with that weeks episode.

We'll have time to discuss each episode throughout the week and share our favorite moments between the cast and !!

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I hope to see you all there!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                    I just downloaded this fic onto my kindle. I can't wait to read it in 10 days when I'll be on a plane for over 24 hours in total

There's no better way to spend your time on a plane than reading some awesome Sam/Jack fanfic
                    Hi, forgive the very basic question but I've just received a kindle and haven't had time to explore it properlyand would love to know what is the best way of downloading fic into it ?

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes View Post
                      Hi, forgive the very basic question but I've just received a kindle and haven't had time to explore it properlyand would love to know what is the best way of downloading fic into it ?
                      A popular way would be to download and install Calibre, download the fics you want and let Calibre convert the fics and upload it to your Kindle.
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Agreed! The best thing about calibre is that it will tell you if you are trying to download a fic you already have! I also use dotEPUB (dotepub.com) to convert fic from pages that calibre won't (like LJ) Good luck!

Comment

Hmm...I tried Calibre and found it ... utterly confusing! Must be just me!
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I use the FanFictionDownloader plug in with calibre http://code.google.com/p/fanficdownl...downloads/list

So if I'm reading something I want to download in ff.net or ao3, I highlight the link in my browser.

Then I open calibre, and go to the FanFictionDownloader down arrow and click on 'Add New from URL'

It will populate the link I'd highlighted into the box, (or I cut'n'paste if I have a few) and then hit ok.

Calibre checks to see if it's already in there (title, author, etc) and will say it's good to upload, or it's a duplicate, and do you want to overwrite (which is great for WIPs, which I won't read til they're done).

If it's on LJ or some other sites that won't work directly, I use the dotepub.com that is on my web browser bar to make it an epub, and then import that into calibre by clicking the 'Add Books' down button, then 'Add books from a single directory' and click on the book wherever it downloaded. Again, it'll check to see if it's a duplicate.

Then, you can quickly then edit the metadata if you don't like how it's displayed.

The LJ ones tend to be the name of the website, so I edit the metadata to fix the author's name and/or the book title. I also delete the cover to save space, and change the tags to suit what I want them to say. I also delete the publisher, but that's just me

Does that help? It took me a bit to get on it, but now I think it's the best system I've come across yet.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                              A popular way would be to download and install Calibre, download the fics you want and let Calibre convert the fics and upload it to your Kindle.
                              Can I search for that directly from my kindle or do I have to use my desktop? I've only ever used my kindle for books from amazon.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I tend not to use epub because my folder is shared between my tablet and my laptop and I'm not sure if epub format is as easily read as the rest, so I'm quite particular about saving them as pdf/html/docs.

Fanfic DownloaderApspot is great, whne it works. Too often it gets overloaded. An alternative of saving fics for me is to use Flagfic.
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X