No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions I've really enjoyed reading them.

Comment

I've had this on my computer for quite awhile and finally read it today, and loved it.

Cause and Effect by Jessa4865

Summary: Jack takes a little trip, meets Cadet Samantha Carter, meddles with cause and effect, and thoroughly confuses himself along the way.

Comment

This is one of my favourites (except for Jack calling her 'baby' - no no no no no!)
        *off to reread*
        Last edited by canadianfolk; 03 July 2011, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Lots of wonderful fic recs/links here....

http://www.gatefic.com/awards/2011-nominees
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I've been going through some of the older posts for this thread and found a few 'new to me' stories that I enjoyed and thought that there could be others that had missed them as well...

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            i'm not going to link directly to it, because it's an adult fic, but 'welcome to the neighborhood' should please the shippers

http://sjhw-tolerance.livejournal.com/

it's on an entry dated today, nov 30th
            I'm sure that was a lot easier to find about 3 years ago for everyone else the date on it is Nov. 30, 2008. Scroll down to the bottom of the pages and select previous entries, do that a few (up to 10, maybe) times and you'll find it.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
            Strange Statues by dizzydame
            Very cute, and I believe this is a 'Baby Fic' (about the two of them having a baby) but it's got a nice twist on that.

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            I just finished Rachel500's Jack O'Neill and the Seven Fairies, and I highly recommend it! It has everything I love about SG stories: a little adventure, a little ship and it's original enough that I don't think, "Oh...I've read one like that."

Give it a try! http://www.fanfiction.net:80/s/4714327/1/
            Definately original and very enjoyable

Almost through page 5 now, this could take a while... but oh well, it will be worth it
            sigpic
            Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Cort I love that you're going back and rereading fic recs on the thread! I do this, although I'm slightly less structured and tend to jump to a random page number and see what I get

I was going to rec two very well written fics as part of a trilogy... only I just got to the end of the second one to find that the third has never been written, and never will be as the author no longer writes in the SG1 fandom (a note they put at the end of the story), and it in no way ends. Don't you just hate it when that happens?!

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                Cort I love that you're going back and rereading fic recs on the thread! I do this, although I'm slightly less structured and tend to jump to a random page number and see what I get

I was going to rec two very well written fics as part of a trilogy... only I just got to the end of the second one to find that the third has never been written, and never will be as the author no longer writes in the SG1 fandom (a note they put at the end of the story), and it in no way ends. Don't you just hate it when that happens?!
                I've tried the jumping around bit before and then completely lost any kind of place that I might have been at. It's also fun to see comments like 'it's my first story, I hope you enjoy' from authors that so many of us are use to reading now.

I too have run across those situations too - grrr... Now when I go to read older stories I make sure that they are marked as complete in one way or another. A few times I have been really intrigued by their summary and it took quite a bit for me to convince myself to keep on scrolling down the page.
                sigpic
                Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Cort
                  That's really annoying. At least they could have had the decency to finish it since it was the last story being written for this fandom. It seems such a waste to take all that time for the first two parts and then drop it. Lots of disappointed readers, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    That's really annoying. At least they could have had the decency to finish it since it was the last story being written for this fandom. It seems such a waste to take all that time for the first two parts and then drop it. Lots of disappointed readers, I'm sure.
                    I'm of the mindset that they ought to put a note at the beginning rather than the end or take it down completely. WIPs drive me crazy

Comment

Or.... maybe finish the story? I've seen it in other fandoms where people have finished long-abandoned WIPs, for the sanity of fellow shippers, sometimes with the original author's agreement and sometimes without, if the author can't be contacted. Sometimes more than one person finishes the story Maybe we could start a thread, where folks could add WIPs that need an ending

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                        I'm of the mindset that they ought to put a note at the beginning rather than the end or take it down completely. WIPs drive me crazy
                        Yes! This! Absolutely! If they're never going to finish it, then remove it so nobody else has to get frustrated that it's never going to be finished.

Comment

Yes! This! Absolutely! If they're never going to finish it, then remove it so nobody else has to get frustrated that it's never going to be finished.
                          Well the main reason I read it is because they've just uploaded it onto one of their fic sites! The thing is I like the author and have read many of their fics and when I saw the new post I thought, ooh I must've missed this one! And it is good! Until the end, obviously I could kind of see how it might have ended, but it was more the journey and the writing on this one.

Comment

Yeah...I know what you mean. I have 2 WIP of my own, but I have suspended starting any more until these 2 are done, and I made a person pledge to finish any WIP, even if my passion for the franchise should falter, before walking away. I promise all of you that I will NEVER leave a published WIP undone.

Well the main reason I read it is because they've just uploaded it onto one of their fic sites! The thing is I like the author and have read many of their fics and when I saw the new post I thought, ooh I must've missed this one! And it is good! Until the end, obviously I could kind of see how it might have ended, but it was more the journey and the writing on this one.
                            Try PMing the author? Let her know? Maybe she'll get motivated to finish or will it off for someone else to finish...
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Delightfully funny fic:

Contact by Jessa4865

A story based on the team going back to Urgo's planet and what happens when they return.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                                The only WIP that I truly wanted to be finished is Garden of the Gods by Enigmatic Ellie.
                                I never start publishing until I have finished writing, I maybe still polishing but I'm basically done.
                                sigpic
                                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Working...
                                X