Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
    This sounds like "Animal Husbandry" by Janis Cortese.
    Yep! That's it! Someone had e-mailed it to me because it wasn't online anymore. Good to know it can still be found. Peeps should definitely read it!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions folks.

On the stranded story, the memory is so vague. It's one of those I can't really describe but I'll know when I read it kind of things. I think that it was just s/j off-world they'd been separated from Daniel & Teal'c. So any recommendations you have for those types of stories would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        There's a rac80 on Twitter. Don't know if that's who you are looking for. But there are references to stargate in a few posts there.
        Thanks, I think she is her.
        sigpic
        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by raeble View Post
          Thanks for all the suggestions folks.

On the stranded story, the memory is so vague. It's one of those I can't really describe but I'll know when I read it kind of things. I think that it was just s/j off-world they'd been separated from Daniel & Teal'c. So any recommendations you have for those types of stories would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.
          Okay. You asked for it! And these are only a few:

Seven Days - The Misadventures of Sam and Jack by dietcokechic
          What Will it Take? by SG1-Fanfic
          As the World Doesn't Turn by podbaydoors
          Samantha Full of Grace by AWildeRomantic
          Twilight by Gail Delaney
          Stranded by Mandarax
          The Extended Vacation by kissmekent
          Universal Constants by Final Avenue
          My Scars Healed by ziparumpazoo - link is to author's page on ff.net since it has a mature rating.
          God Forsaken Planet by Jen Sweeney - link is to author's page

Stranded by Divine Joker
          Tattoo You by Aeryn

The last two I will have to find links to.
          Last edited by hedwig; 29 June 2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I finished a little fluff piece. Would love feedback from my community (be gentle, please ):

Just Fishin
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Just found this one, Smokescreen by Bekki Beekeeper, and I quite enjoyed it. Jack visits Sam in Atlantis, between Trio and Midway.

Comment

Do you have more Mark Carter-type stories (good or bad) not listed here? I'm saving as many as I can find in a file on my computer. If I really don't like some of them I probably won't save them; I prefer ones that are at least somewhat friendly, or become friendly after some initial tension. I've read a few Mark/Pete stories where neither one of them are very nice about Sam/Jack. I
                I'm sure there are a bunch I cannot remember. Most of the stories I recommended don't focus on Jack meeting Mark, it's just that at some point of his relationship with Sam he gets to meet the family. Depending on the season we're talking about, you can different first meetings - for example, most 'confrontational Mark' fics are on season 7 or 8. The ones I remember now are:

Where's Anna, by Quarkie - meeting on later chapters
                Telling Mark, by LadyGalaxyJ
                Sam's Christmas date, by SGCFan4Ever

If I remember or find more fics with Mark, I'll post the links.

Oh yeah, and a small 'stranded' fic: I love it when a plan comes together, by Annerb

Comment

Twilight by Gail Delaney
                  Stranded by Mandarax
                  My Scars Healed by ziparumpazoo - link is to author's page on ff.net since it has a mature rating.

Stranded by Divine Joker
                  Tattoo You by Aeryn

By Divine Joker
                  Stranded
                  Stranded: The Hunt
                  Stranded: Explorations
                  Stranded: Expectations

Tattoo You by Aeryn - link is to author page
                  No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                  It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Arashi View Post
                    I'm sure there are a bunch I cannot remember. Most of the stories I recommended don't focus on Jack meeting Mark, it's just that at some point of his relationship with Sam he gets to meet the family. Depending on the season we're talking about, you can different first meetings - for example, most 'confrontational Mark' fics are on season 7 or 8. The ones I remember now are:

Where's Anna, by Quarkie - meeting on later chapters
                    Telling Mark, by LadyGalaxyJ
                    Sam's Christmas date, by SGCFan4Ever

If I remember or find more fics with Mark, I'll post the links.

Oh yeah, and a small 'stranded' fic: I love it when a plan comes together, by Annerb

FYI for those who don't read them. 'Sam's Christmas Date' isn't complete. Meh.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      FYI for those who don't read them. 'Sam's Christmas Date' isn't complete. Meh.
                      Yeah that annoyed me too. The bad thing was I thought I'd read that fic before but couldn't remember how it ended so decided to re-read it...

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                        Yeah that annoyed me too. The bad thing was I thought I'd read that fic before but couldn't remember how it ended so decided to re-read it...
                        I did the same thing, and I usually check lol Despite that, I always enjoy 'lists'

Comment

Mara just posted a lovely little D/C ficlet--Not Like This
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Distraction From the Black by jennickels
                            The third Sunday in June is a day Jack would rather skip over but Carter is there to help take his mind off of things.
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                              Thanks for the rec. I enjoyed it! Sweet, sad...but hopeful (not too angsty).
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by raeble View Post
                                Hi
                                Hope you can help me with a few recs
                                Jack meeting Mark Carter
                                Jack/Sam stranded off world - medium to long fic. I vaguely remember reading one a while back but I can't for the life of me remember enough about it to search for it. So I'm happy with anything.
                                I vaguely remember a story set post threads where Carter and Jack were married and in Washington. Nobody knew they were married and it was reveal at a party or something. Their own factions - Scientists and Military- sort of kept away from each other. This ringing any bells with anyone?
                                Thanks.

Twilight by Gail Delaney
                                Stranded by Mandarax

Stranded by Divine Joker
                                Tattoo You by Aeryn

Here is my addition to that list (all of which I already had on my favorites list )

The Odyssey by Carhop
                                Rated Adult, link to author's page. Members of SG-1 end up sold into slavery in another galaxy in another Stargate system.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X