No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very true. I have seen some folks hold up a fic as wonderful and fantastic...and when i read it i wonder 'who are these folks????' and i'm sure people do that about my fic as well.

usually the determining factor in a 'good' author is if that author happens to interpret the characters the same way you do. there's no empirical 'right' or 'wrong'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
      You are right, it reminded me of it, too.

It snowed on Tuesday and like every year the first snow really caught me off guard. So it's been a bit hectic the last couple of days, but now it's slowing down somewhat and I'm in the mood for Christmas fics. What are your favourites?
      I'm looking for some Christmas fics, too. Can anyone make any recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
        I'm looking for some Christmas fics, too. Can anyone make any recommendations?

Blame it on the Tinsel

Comment

I have this saved, and don't remember it, but I probably read it a long time ago, so I'm including it here:

Another typical SG1 Christmas
          Rated G

and

Christmas in the Infirmary by SG-Fan

and

Christmas Miracles by not a zatarc

and

White Christmas
          Last edited by hedwig; 29 November 2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

A fic I read a long time ago just popped into my head but I can't remember the name. Sam is stuck on a planet without the rest of SG-1 and has been attacked by a bunch of dog-like things with nasty claws. Jack is talking to her by radio and/or video camera.

Does this ring any bells for anyone? Thanks.
            sigpic
            Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
              A fic I read a long time ago just popped into my head but I can't remember the name. Sam is stuck on a planet without the rest of SG-1 and has been attacked by a bunch of dog-like things with nasty claws. Jack is talking to her by radio and/or video camera.

Yes!!! I remember that one. I'm sure I have it, but I don't recall the title at the moment. I think she's the only survivor of a group that went to test out some sort of new techno gadget, and has to make her way back to the gate alone. I will look for it.

Comment

Thanks!
                sigpic
                Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post

Found it!

Lifeline by suzvoy

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    The beauty of fan fiction is that it doesn't have to be like the actual show. There are heaps of fics out there that don't go by what's canon and that's fine with me...it opens up the possibilities of what could be.
                    isn't that the heart of fanfiction, to go places the show won't or can't? i love fics!!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      The beauty of fan fiction is that it doesn't have to be like the actual show. There are heaps of fics out there that don't go by what's canon and that's fine with me...it opens up the possibilities of what could be.
                      My only stipulation is that I believe the characters actually COULD do whatever is happening in the story. If they aren't acting in character then I'm left scratching my head asking why someone created characters and called them Sam and Jack when clearly this isn't Sam and Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                        My only stipulation is that I believe the characters actually COULD do whatever is happening in the story. If they aren't acting in character then I'm left scratching my head asking why someone created characters and called them Sam and Jack when clearly this isn't Sam and Jack.
                        Oh I hear ya!! If it's so unbelievable it's not really fun - it has to be plausible. And not so way out of character that you think you're reading something like The Magic Faraway Tree.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                          EXACTLY! Fanfic is taking existing characters and creating new ways for them to interact or new adventures for them--not to reinvent the character. The greatest reviews I get are the ones that state, "I can SO see this!" Or "This is just like them!" I love hearing that, because then I know I'm sounding like the show.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

same for me. the highest praise I can get is if someone says 'that read like it was from the episode'
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                              EXACTLY! Fanfic is taking existing characters and creating new ways for them to interact or new adventures for them--not to reinvent the character. The greatest reviews I get are the ones that state, "I can SO see this!" Or "This is just like them!" I love hearing that, because then I know I'm sounding like the show.
                              I've read some stories where the characters are totally out of character, and yet they have reviews from people saying things like "oh, you have them so in character", and I'm going "huh??? what??? what show have you been watching?"

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                I've read some stories where the characters are totally out of character, and yet they have reviews from people saying things like "oh, you have them so in character", and I'm going "huh??? what??? what show have you been watching?"
                                Whoa! Way to burst my bubble!

Just kidding. It seems that there's something for everyone. I write them how I see them, and am glad when other people see it, too.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X