Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nell View Post
    I know we had this discussion before so excuse me if I'm bringing it up again but...

Nook or Kindle??? What works better for fanfic? My old Sony Reader can accept Word but it doesn't have the WiFi capability and less storage space. But what about those PDFs instead of Word? I forgot, is there a program for speedy PDFs like that for Word when copying fanfic dot net?

Advice and tips welcome!!!
    I've had a kindle since it first came out, and absolutely love it, but have never used it for reading fanfic. Might be worth trying since I recently upgraded to the newest version. Do you have a mac or pc? On my mac, I have the option to "save as pdf" on all documents I want to save/download.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Thanks, midwifeonboard! I have a Dell laptop. I've never tried to save anything to pdf. I'm sure I could learn BUT is there a program for rapid downloading of fanfic dot net multi-chapter stories to pdf? Lots of my favorite fanfic dot net stories are LONG and I don't want to go back to copy and paste through each chapter to pdf!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Annerb just posted three more chapters of Down Among the Wreckage!

Chapters 22, 23, 24 Rated M so I'm just posting link to her list of stories.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/763509/Annerb
        sigpic

Comment

this downloader
          http://www.home-eisele.de/
          gives you the option to save as pdf's, documents, mobi book and html

you could also use open office (free word processing software) to save as other document formats or convert from one to another
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just a reminder that the party starts in about an hour!

Comment

I know we had this discussion before so excuse me if I'm bringing it up again but...

Nook or Kindle??? What works better for fanfic? My old Sony Reader can accept Word but it doesn't have the WiFi capability and less storage space. But what about those PDFs instead of Word? I forgot, is there a program for speedy PDFs like that for Word when copying fanfic dot net?

Advice and tips welcome!!!
              I'm using an iPad which has apps for ebooks from Kindle/Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc...

The new Sony Galaxy seems to be a smaller/lighter/slightly cheaper iPad which will run similar reading apps. Just sayin'.
              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                this downloader
                http://www.home-eisele.de/
                gives you the option to save as pdf's, documents, mobi book and html

you could also use open office (free word processing software) to save as other document formats or convert from one to another
                And if you're on a Mac and can't use that software (which is fantastic, by the way), you have this option too. A web-based fanfic downloader (PC's can use it too).

Sorry for the double post.
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Annerb just posted three more chapters of Down Among the Wreckage!

Chapters 22, 23, 24 Rated M so I'm just posting link to her list of stories.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/763509/Annerb
                  Can anybody tell me please whether 24 is the last chapter?
                  The unfinished story left me so heartbroken that I want to read it further only when I know that it's complete
                  "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                  "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                    Can anybody tell me please whether 24 is the last chapter?
                    The unfinished story left me so heartbroken that I want to read it further only when I know that it's complete
                    I'm guessing not...this is an on-going series and she does epilogue to each of the sections. So I'm fairly certain there will be more.

Comment

Annerb is reliable and she delivers on each of her beautiful stories. I can't wait for completion so I'm reading along as chapters have been posted.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                        I'm guessing not...this is an on-going series and she does epilogue to each of the sections. So I'm fairly certain there will be more.
                        Annerb is reliable and she delivers on each of her beautiful stories. I can't wait for completion so I'm reading along as chapters have been posted.
                        Thank you ladies!

I also think that I will have to re-read everything to get in the proper mood before I continue with the new chapters

And it's really comforting to know that she sticks with her stories till the end
                        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Actually it is complete as it is now...

Down Here Among the Wreckage on LJ In there you see the whole overview; which has been there for a while and the last few chapters just came up...so it's complete.

Does it has an open ending? I waited till it was completed for reading it, but now I'm not sure!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            Actually it is complete as it is now...

Down Here Among the Wreckage on LJ In there you see the whole overview; which has been there for a while and the last few chapters just came up...so it's complete.

Does it has an open ending? I waited till it was completed for reading it, but now I'm not sure!
                            Hmmm, she didn't correct me when I said I wanted more on her LJ... :: runs off to check what the exact response to her LJ was ::

EDIT: Her LJ doesn't give the impression that it's the end.

Comment

Hmmm, she didn't correct me when I said I wanted more on her LJ... :: runs off to check what the exact response to her LJ was ::

EDIT: Her LJ doesn't give the impression that it's the end.
                              Hmmm...weird.

Since it was always up like that I just thought that would be the ending....certainly since I don't want to read it before it is finished.

sigpic

Comment

well, last i looked the fic wasn't marked as 'complete', which an author should do if they are done with it, or at least done with that chapter/part
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X