Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HONOR--An Atlantis scientist meets the Wraiths. Up close.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
    very nice description of the queen, and I wasn't expecting the hibernation twist. elena's reaction to the thought of the commander hibernating makes me wonder if there's more going on... at least on her part.
    Thank you!

And I aim to surprise. Besides, the hibernation came to me quite unexpectadly, as I was writing. It makes for a more interesting plot.

Yup, there's more going on. The Commander is risking more than a cunning Wraith like him would under normal circumstances. But also they are very manipulative. Not because they're 'bad' that way, but because that's their nature.

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
    Lovely
    Queen liked the chocolate, didn't she? They have a second plan behind that hybernation? I can't imagine the Commander leaving Elena. What if this young Queen is killed then he will again be without an Ancient DNA to produce another.
    She likes chocolate, doesn't she? And so does Elena. So, this was to show the resemblance, among other things. Oh, there are consequences for Elena in this hybernation.

And now after reading these new chapters I am sure that he has feelings to his Lantean and to his offspring!
    Yup, the manipulative, loveable b****d.

I wonder how the Queen was able to mature so quickly? In Instinct Ellia was needed a decade to reach maturity.
    I kind of tossed canon out the window here. Besides, I never thought much of that episode with Ellia. It seemed as if the writers were flapping around in their plot, and had not really thought through how queens come about. They completely contradicted themselves later on in so many ways.

Also, I think, given the circumstances, and the Wraiths' knowledge of manipulating the creations of new Wraiths, they would be able to accelerate maturing, in spite of their 'long life'. Ellia was also being brought up with human food and a bit of the Wraith 'food'. She was, in some ways, starving, so her growth would be retarded. So, I took a leap of narrative here, and decided that the Queen was given both the 'food' and the necessary DNA manipulation to mature as fast as possible. Besides, in my plot, and this will be explained a bit, she is 'born' fully grown.

And if the two male Wraith are the offsprings of the Queen then who is the father? Just tell me it is not the Commander!
    Heavens, no! It's not the Commander. Even for Wraiths, the principle of keeping the DNA pool diversified and mixed applies.

As for how these 'grandchildren' were produced--first of all, the Wraiths do not give birth in the human sense. Now, keep in mind, this is all my invention, and has nothing to do with what the SGA writers think or will come up with. So far, I'm finding their theories completely disoriented and afterthoughts, and half brained. Sorry... I don't want to say too much because I am going to have some explanation in the next episodes. It's part of the 'what the heck happened'.

Or this new Wraith kind have changed their mating habbits and the Queen doesn't kill her male after mating. It will be very interesting to see the 'husband' of the Queen. LOL
    Yeah, somewhat, they did. They only kill, in my Wraith universe, when it involves creating a Queen. It is done so that Queen eliminates possible future competition with another Queen. And that is a special male Wraith, who has the ancient gene. (The one the Commander is missing, and took it from Elena. As I have it in my story, very few male Wraiths have that--the DNA crapshoot--and they are now so rare, it's almost extinct. That is why that Wraith was so valuable.) Otherwise, for 'normal' male, faced Wraith, any male Wraith would do, or it could be a sort of a naturnal cloning by the Queen. In this case there would be no reason to kill the male Wraith after 'mating'.

But, as I said, this is the 'universe' I have created and has nothing to do with what SGA says or does. It's my logic.

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
    Hmmm, interesting! I suspect there is more between the Commander and Elena because if these wraith hybrids go to hibernation for several human lives... well, Elena will be dead long before they are supposed to awake. And if she's dead, who will ensure that the humans keep their end of the bargain? The Commander has only one solution: Keep her alive as long as it will be needed...
    Not talking.
    HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Hello.
      I'm new in this forum and have really been enjoying your wonderful story "Honor".

*looks around, awed*

I especially like your explanation for why a Wraith name cannot be spoken.

Also, i love your description of the insolent young Queen. Her behavior is so very typical of a teenage human, on top of the Wraith arrogance. She gets her ammunition from both sides!! (lol)

And lastly: The daughter is not yet five years old (there had to be a gestation period) and the Commander is letting her see someone??!!
      *looks shocked at such permissive parenting*
      Would love to be there when he explains this to the mother!

Comment

Originally posted by keeperofthehive View Post
        Hello.
        I'm new in this forum and have really been enjoying your wonderful story "Honor".

*looks around, awed*

I especially like your explanation for why a Wraith name cannot be spoken.

Also, i love your description of the insolent young Queen. Her behavior is so very typical of a teenage human, on top of the Wraith arrogance. She gets her ammunition from both sides!! (lol)

And lastly: The daughter is not yet five years old (there had to be a gestation period) and the Commander is letting her see someone??!!
        *looks shocked at such permissive parenting*
        Would love to be there when he explains this to the mother!
        Well... WELCOME.

I'm so glad you stopped by and read it; and that you enjoyed it. I am quite gratified that you've seen the human and Wraith sides of the Queen. You've captured exactly what I wanted to convey. That's very encouraging to me. So--thank you and deep bow. A teenager Wraith with permissive parenting.

As you can see, I've kind of thrown SGA canon out the window and did my own thing. I am really enjoying this.

As for the daughter--I didn't want to think in human terms, but in Wraith terms as far as her conception and time required to mature; also I keep referring back to the Wraiths' so called insect side. I've used bees and wasps as an example (not that I know very much about them.) So, the Queen having 'children' at this so called young age is well... what she's meant to do. This is, to my mind, the purpose of the hive Queen and what makes her the leader, the power and the engine of the Wraiths' society. Besides, I don't think that she carries and gives birth to the child the same as humans. She quite simply produces Wraiths. I don't think there's love or anything involved, other than a temporary chemical enduced attraction that selects the best of the Wraiths.

And yeah, that was permissive parenting.

sigpic

Comment

Bravo! Wonderful description of the Queen. I agree with Elena that she needs bending over the knee! And I really hope to see this relationship between Elena and the Commander continue, with a few more twists in it Of course, you always have some kind of twist, and that is what I love about your writing. It keeps a person guessing
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
            Bravo! Wonderful description of the Queen. I agree with Elena that she needs bending over the knee! And I really hope to see this relationship between Elena and the Commander continue, with a few more twists in it Of course, you always have some kind of twist, and that is what I love about your writing. It keeps a person guessing
            Thank you, Caf!

Oh, yeah... twists.

sigpic

Comment

Excellent as always

Love the young queen.

They aren't all just gonna go into hibernation are they?

Also are we gonna see the 'grandchildren' anymore in the future?

Keep up the good work, can't wait for more.

Comment

Originally posted by angela21 View Post
                Excellent as always

Love the young queen.

They aren't all just gonna go into hibernation are they?

Also are we gonna see the 'grandchildren' anymore in the future?

Keep up the good work, can't wait for more.
                Thank you, Angela!

I am having just as much fun writing up the Queen as the Commander. Almost...

As for hibernation We shall see... I am working on it.

sigpic

Comment

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!! I cant wait to see what you have instore for the comander and the Dr.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by masterling View Post
                    Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!! I cant wait to see what you have instore for the comander and the Dr.
                    Thank you! Again...

I'm right now working my way through the next episodes. Every time I think I'm at the end of the story, I end up adding more. I guess I don't want to give up the Commander. I enjoy writing about him too much.

sigpic

Comment

thats a good thing. I think that maybe i enjoy him as much as you enjoy writing him. so for both out sakes keep it up!!
                      sigpic

Comment

I wonder what the Commander has in mind for Elena. She will stay with them in the hybernation as a guarantee that Atlantis will honor the deal? If this is the case then Elena will have to bring a huge amount of chocolate bonbones with her or the recipe for this kind of chocolate If the Queen likes the chocolate then all of her offsprings will like it too....Oh, I can see the future of this new Wraith kind....a lot of humans in cocoons and a lot of cases of chocolates in the Hive' store)))
                        I like how you threw out of the window the cannon and wrote the Queen fully matured...at least physically
                        But after a second thought is it possible that all that "we are going to hybenation" to be only a way to distract the Atlantis attention? May be the Commander has found a way to modify the hyper space engines and they are leaving for another galaxy? After all he scanned Elena's mind and there is certainly a knowledge about such technologies. Or the Commander has something different in mind???
                        LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                        Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                        http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                        My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
                          I wonder what the Commander has in mind for Elena. She will stay with them in the hybernation as a guarantee that Atlantis will honor the deal? If this is the case then Elena will have to bring a huge amount of chocolate bonbones with her or the recipe for this kind of chocolate If the Queen likes the chocolate then all of her offsprings will like it too....Oh, I can see the future of this new Wraith kind....a lot of humans in cocoons and a lot of cases of chocolates in the Hive' store)))
                          I like how you threw out of the window the cannon and wrote the Queen fully matured...at least physically
                          But after a second thought is it possible that all that "we are going to hybenation" to be only a way to distract the Atlantis attention? May be the Commander has found a way to modify the hyper space engines and they are leaving for another galaxy? After all he scanned Elena's mind and there is certainly a knowledge about such technologies. Or the Commander has something different in mind???

The chocolate thing is a problem, isn't it?

I've got several scenarios in mind. We'll see. But, your ideas are all a possibility. We shall see.

sigpic

Comment

Hi

I'm back read all four new chapter 15 to 18.

Elena a Grandma too.

Like your discription of the Queen
                            Wow a brat of a queen 1/2 wraith and human. A fully grown queen with teenage angst.She like chocolate-good choice Traveler64. She diffinatly needs taking in hand anad if she not careful Elena may just do that. By the way what your discription of her name?

The Commander .... hum .... as usual he's up to something. Elena what does he want with her????
                            Your discription of him- trust a woman to notice every little detail about him, dress sense/ looks, oh yeah "absense make the heart grow fonder".
                            But does he return it, or is he being a manipulative so and so. -What with the

Spoiler:
                            As he walked in, his gaze met mine as if he had aimed for it from the very end of that long hallway and before I realized, a silent greeting passed between us. His name appeared in my mind and in reply there was a strange nugget of warmth in my right palm. It startled me and I brought my hand up and clasped it with the other, my fingers feeling for that spot of warmth.

In the taking of Elena DNA did the commander give her something in return. The "strange nugget of warmth in her right palm" what all that about? Did he give Elena something that could turn her into a Wraith so if she does go into hibination.

As Alice In Wonderland said
                            "curiouser and curiouser"

Didn't expect the hibenation twist either. You know what looks like I'll have to tell the boys they not needed yet.

MCH
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                              Hi

I'm back read all four new chapter 15 to 18.

Elena a Grandma too.

Like your discription of the Queen
                              Wow a brat of a queen 1/2 wraith and human. A fully grown queen with teenage angst.She like chocolate-good choice Traveler64. She diffinatly needs taking in hand anad if she not careful Elena may just do that. By the way what your discription of her name?

The Commander .... hum .... as usual he's up to something. Elena what does he want with her????
                              Your discription of him- trust a woman to notice every little detail about him, dress sense/ looks, oh yeah "absense make the heart grow fonder".
                              But does he return it, or is he being a manipulative so and so. -What with the

Spoiler:
                              As he walked in, his gaze met mine as if he had aimed for it from the very end of that long hallway and before I realized, a silent greeting passed between us. His name appeared in my mind and in reply there was a strange nugget of warmth in my right palm. It startled me and I brought my hand up and clasped it with the other, my fingers feeling for that spot of warmth.

In the taking of Elena DNA did the commander give her something in return. The "strange nugget of warmth in her right palm" what all that about? Did he give Elena something that could turn her into a Wraith so if she does go into hibination.

As Alice In Wonderland said
                              "curiouser and curiouser"

Didn't expect the hibenation twist either. You know what looks like I'll have to tell the boys they not needed yet.

MCH
                              First, welcome back. Hope you had a good time.

And thank you again for reading it. I am glad you're still enjoying it. Also, I am gratified that you picked up on some of the little hints I am giving.

The hibernation was a surprise for me also. But, it's going in the right direction.

I don't know if I'm going to post anything before the end of hte week, but this is getting longer and longer... and the end farther and farther away. Oh, well. As long as we all still have fun with it.

As for the Queen's name--I haven't decided on whether a Queen has a name, or it's the name of her hive. I didn't quite give this much thought. But, I am glad you asked the question and reminded me. So many details...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
                                First, welcome back. Hope you had a good time.
                                OT Holiday
                                Spoiler:

Yeah I had fun in London, abit of culture, shopping and eating out, plenty of laughing. Yes a good time I certainly had

And thank you again for reading it. I am glad you're still enjoying it. Also, I am gratified that you picked up on some of the little hints I am giving.

The hibernation was a surprise for me also. But, it's going in the right direction.
                                About your hints
                                Spoiler:

Elena future was going to be joined with the Wraith ever since the first injuried Wraith realised and told the Commander about what he sensed about Elena gene. So completeing his original task just in a different way, thus dying with HONOR.
                                Elena was probadely right to leave Atlantis and return to Earth, because if other Wraith heard what had happen they would come looking for her wanting her gene. I supposed she be killed by which every hive found her so no other hive could use her. Like a Queen does to her mate.
                                The Commander and her daughter the Queen went to a lot of trouble to get her back when they needed her.
                                While I'm hoping The Commander does have feelings for Elena I don't think so far her daughter does. But the Commander will do what has to be done for his Queen, the Hive and his Wraith clan. That itchy right palm of Elena where does that leave Elena

I don't know if I'm going to post anything before the end of hte week, but this is getting longer and longer... and the end farther and farther away. Oh, well. As long as we all still have fun with it.
                                I'm having fun hope you are.

Your problem is so many ideas, which is great, even with the hibination idea you have still left yourself room to go in a few different directions with this idea.

As for the Queen's name--I haven't decided on whether a Queen has a name, or it's the name of her hive. I didn't quite give this much thought. But, I am glad you asked the question and reminded me. So many details...
                                Think about names (Sorry this is your fault)
                                The Seed Spoiler
                                Spoiler:

Think about what happened to Keller. A Hive ship appears to be sentinial, so a wraith is chosen to provide that and is changed to become part of the ship the sentinial part. Maybe part of a Wraith name has to do with the ship name-which could be the family/clan name. That part of a Wraith name would depend on which hive ship he belongs to.

"So much to write, so little time to do so" Don't worry about the boys coming round they taking a raincheck for now.

MCH
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Working...
                                X