Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HONOR--An Atlantis scientist meets the Wraiths. Up close.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HONOR

EPISODE 65

Spoiler:
    I looked at him, stunned. “They executed her? Like--they put her up against a wall and shot her? The Ancients?”

“A different kind of death sentence and execution than the one you think; a lot less crude and a lot more cruel—she was denied their precious Ascension.” He let out a subdued snarl. “In many ways like the death of a Wraith—a denial of immortality.”

“But there was no Ascension.” A meaningless death sentence. But she didn’t know that. She had, in her mind, given her immortality for the life of a Wraith.

“In her mind, there was,” he echoed my thought. “In reality?” He shrugged. “They were at the end arrogant fools.” Like all humans, I expected him to add. But he did not. He turned his face to me. “She had told the Blue Wraith of an Ascension Ships somewhere at the edge of the galaxy—she knew the secret of its location--and made him promise that he would take her there when she died. I do not know the sequence of events, but he fulfilled his promise and took her to the ship. It was out there, unguarded. No one thought that a Wraith could reach it.” He grinned. “But they did; by then, the Ancients were defeated and gone. The Ancient woman had lived longer because of the Gift of Life. But, at the end she was ready to die. By the time he got to the Ascension Ship, she was barely alive. He found pods, tier after tier of them. He put her in one, as she had taught him.” He paused, grinning vaguely at the galaxies shimmering in the window. “She had told him that in time, their bodies would be dissolved and transformed into a form that contained their very essence and thoughts, a bodiless entity that could be perceived by the eye as a blue luminosity. In this state, they would be absorbed into the universe and thus ascend.” The grin became more gleeful, the sharp teeth showing. “Wraith are a curious and suspicious race; also a patient one. He waited to witness Ascension. He even contemplated following her. But, all of them, including her, slowly turned to dust. Even their bones crumbled. Just the machines flickered.” He let out a long breath. “Yet, he told me, he would try to call her. Of course there was no answer. When he became a Ship Wraith, he no longer called her. And then, when you came, you reminded him of it and he called her again.” He shook his head slightly. “He thought he had heard her answer. Just as he died. An illusion. Delirium. He was dying.” He hissed, the sound menacing in the back of his throat.

“Yes, an illusion. But a moment of comfort.”

“Yes, a moment. Nothing more.”

“Wraith don’t think there is anything after death?”

“Why would there be? That’s immortality, is it not?”

I left it there. I didn’t want to talk of death.

I put my hand on his, the warm skin and cold of the finger guards competing for my attention. I leaned against him and rested my head on his upper arm.

I didn’t want to face death alone.

“What will you do if Lothar becomes the Ship Wraith?” I asked.

“We are a resourceful race, Elena.”

I nodded, the side of my face against the leather of his sleeve and the warm, silken hair.

I heard a distant song and smelled the scent of flowers in a warm forest. The gold and red leaves trembled in the breeze and they became veils of scarlet and amber rising to the sky, wrapping the galaxies. The beauty left me breathless and tingling with warmth and delight.

“What is this?” I whispered.

“Your name.”

“Oh…”

“Do you accept it?”

“Yes.” How could I not, when it gave me such happiness?

“Then it is done.”

With the gift of my name he gave me another gift, for a Wraith one of the deepest intimacy; an intimacy more powerful than that of the flesh, more intoxicating and compelling than any human could conjure with their bodies—the touch of his mind on mine in ways I never imagined a Wraith, or anyone, could. There were no boundaries and there was no inhibition.

It was a long while before I moved, enthralled and captured in the web of his thoughts.

And then I felt something else. The hiveship was not silent anymore.

There was a Ship Wraith present in its core. Lothar. A Ship Wraith had to be there, I understood—oh, I understood so many things now—for a Queen to come into the world. I stood up and waited. My human mind did not know for what, but Amber’s Wraith mind twined with mine to give me the knowledge.

It was time.

Soft veils floated and twirled around me, touching me and surrounding me in a luminous enclosure, like a silk cacoon with the light seeping through it weave. But it was an enclosure that did not imprison me, but captured me in the touch of my Wraith. I allowed myself to fall back into the whispering net of silk—or was it a nest?—and from some distant space filled with all the things I loved—stars, breeze of the ocean, whisper of the forest, scent of flowers and the form of Amber—I heard my name called. I answered it and followed its call until I drowned in its magic.

I sunk slowly into the silks within that cacoon woven by my Wraith. I watched him approach like a ghost, all in white. And that startled me, to see him in white instead of the black. Then his robes became golden red. The white hair flew and spread behind him, like an aura. Was he real, or was it my mind? It did not matter. There was so much happiness that I did not think either my mind or my body could contain it without self destructing.

I felt my clothes open and peel off me. And then I felt something else—like the soft feet of butterflies tap at me and their wings beat against me.

I opened my eyes, drawn out of the distance. Amber’s fingers travelled down my chest and abdomen. The thrill of that touch entered deep inside me. I reached to touch that soft spot on his chest. He lowered himself to allow me to kiss him. I let my fingers travel down to the apex of that triangle that patterned his skin with exuberant designs.

What I saw looked at first human; but then I realized it was not. It was alien, fascinating both in a mesmerizing and frightening way. I froze, my blood turning cold.

When the Wraith’s mating sting touched the skin of my abdomen, my instinct was to scream; but the touch in my mind veiled me in quiet and anticipation. I felt its sting and throb and then I was pushed into a spiral of exquisite pain and deeply aching pleasure. The insane whirl of colors, scents, sounds and fantastic sensation, never known to my mind and body, overwhelmed me.

And then there was complete silence and a dark blue nothingness. Only stars shimmered far, far away.

Now and then I would return from that blissful vessel of deep blue and stars and behold the world around me of fluttering breezes and amber glow; and the Amber Wraith standing in attendance at my feet. He never left, not for a moment, not for a breath. Every time I came back to consciousness I knew that he would be there, his slit amber eyes strangely comfortable.

I was dying, I knew. Whatever life formed within me, it was drawing my own life away. The blue darkness was longer and longer, deeper and deeper. The hiveship hummed softly around me and my Wraith stood guard.

A death watch.

I put out my hand to him. He came closer and I touched his hair. He bent over and kissed me. A Wraith kiss, one of the mind more than of the lips; an imitation of a human kiss. But, a kiss nevertheless.

I heard a distant sound. A whisper. A small squeal. It was the life inside me that was no longer inside. Then a cry. It was a hungry and powerful cry, powerful not so much in volume as in its quality. I saw a tiny hand, barely formed, but with a feeding slit in it. I saw a male worshiper come forth and saw the tiny hand on his chest. I saw the small life draw life from the human; the replenishable life that it would draw from a Wraith mother, but which I could not give any longer, because mine could not be replenished. And then I saw a vague image of a Wraith Queen in my mind; the way she would look when emerging from the chamber in which she would grow for many years. She was tall, with blue eyes, the slits dilated, her hair smooth and silver, to be colored red when she would take her throne. A Primary Queen, insatiable for power and domination.

Death tiptoed around me, circling slowly. Was it a Wraith? No… It was not a Wraith Death. It was a human death, in black, its face pale, perfect and beautiful, the black wings whispering to me as they passed me.

The veils of my protective cocoon parted and I was lifted up on strong arms. I moved through space and time on those arms until a silent bluish light shrouded me. I caught the fluttering image of something disturbing, just a glimmer, that faded quickly--crumbling ashes of dried up husks that had once been people, laid out in glass coffins, their white shrouds gleaming in the blue lights.

The image faded, gone, forgotten, just my imagination.

I was on my back, quiet around me. A hand softly touched my chest and I heard my name of reds, golds, forest scents… And then golds and ambers of my Wraith’ name. Glass moved around me. I touched the silken white hair. It was close to me, covering my breast and face. I felt its warmth. I felt also the solid warmth of the Amber Wraith; one last time.

One last time…

And the blue darkness fell, lengthening, spiraling into a far point of light.
    HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

HONOR
      EPISODE 66

Spoiler:
      ###

I opened my eyes.

No, I had not actually opened my eyes. Rather, the world blinked on around me.

My heart leaped in astonishment—I had been so convinced that I was dead.

And then, as my surroundings registered in my brain, I felt a wave of delight—I was in the middle of an enormous library, rich in blond woods, gilded lamps, coffered ceiling with intricate carvings and a parquet floor covered with red and blue rugs. The spines of rows upon rows of books lined the walls. Tall, arched windows flanked by deeply colored draperies opened unto an expanse of fields, forests and waters. I saw people scattered over the pathways and on the lake. Couches covered in brocades, ormolu desks and leather armchairs invited me to cosset myself in my favorite pastime, one I had not indulged in for years—curling up with a book and a dream.

I tried to recall the last thing I could remember before waking up—appearing, as I was standing as if I had been so for quite some time, in surroundings that must’ve been familiar to me. My breath slowed down as my mind whirled back and forth between that library and park outside and the image of hiveships, Wraith, blue lights and corpses turned to dust.

My dumbfounded, circuitous and increasingly panicky rumination was interrupted by the soft woosh of an opening door. I turned towards the sound, eager to find something, anything, to explain or confirm the world around me. I touched the back of a chair. The red and silver brocade felt silky under my hand and the chair’s volume solid and heavy.

One side of a carved, tall double leafed door had opened at the far end and a woman in a long, loose blue dress cinched with a silver belt, strode in. As she walked towards me I could see her elaborately plaited black hair and the long, sculpted, and rather arrogant, features of her face.

But the twinkle in her dark eyes and smile were anything but arrogant.

“Welcome,” she said and stopped a few steps in front of me. She inclined her head.

I stared at her speechless, wondering what form of madness this was; if this was another one of those Wraith mind things; or…

“I came to welcome you,” she said, “as I am the only one you know here.”

Here? Did I just get here? I don’t know you… Should I?

“I am Athania.” She bowed slightly.

My heart jolted—in fear, in panic, in realization, in hope, in relief; I was not sure. “But…” I muttered.

“You are confused. That is understandable. You know nothing of this. You are one of our distant descendants on Earth. I can hear echoes in your mind, some thoughts, but I do wonder how you have come to be here. The only one of your kind to have reached us.”

I stared at her.

“You have heard of Ascension.” She had not asked a question. She stated it.

“I am… not dead?” I finally managed to stutter.

She smiled vaguely and looked aside. Then her gaze returned on me. “Shall we sit?”

“Some tea and scones, perhaps?” Athania asked as we sat down on a settee with a low table in front of it.

Might as well… Dead or alive, one must follow social protocol and polite niceties. The absurdity of the tea and warm scones with a pot of butter and a jar of honey carried by an older woman almost made me laugh.

Tea was poured, scones were buttered, honey was dribbled on them and dully tasted. They were awesome. The tea was fragrant and comforting.

“So,” I reopened the conversation, “not to be crass or anything, but… am I dead, or alive and somehow… uh…” I waved my hand in a circle, “…ascended?”

She put down her cup daintily. She was a strange one, I decided. I could tell that she could be quite arrogant and unpleasant; but with me, for whatever reason, she chose to be the opposite. It was revealed with her next statement. “I am the Ancient of whom the Wraith you call Blue has spoken to you.”

“Oh,” I breathed out. Was this supposed to make sense? “A very interesting Wraith,” I added in an attempt to bury and conceal my state of complete discombobulation. “Very wise and with an outrageous sense of humor. For a Wraith.”

She smiled. “Yes. You know him well.” And then she let out her breath. “In answer to your question—you are dead and this is not what we believed to be Ascension.”

“Ah… Then?” My hands felt icy.

She peered at me. “Do not fear, Elena. There is nothing to fear. Your body, or what is left of you, is in a glass casket on what we deceivingly called an Ascension Ship.” She stared in front of her. “You cannot imagine how much harm and hurt we did to obtain ascension and immortality; true immortality. The Wraith were our most terrible sin. We created them, experimented on them, tortured them with our obsession so that we could find the secret of immortality and of Ascension.” Her gaze drifted to me. “We created them after we discovered the Iratus and its capability to absorb life, so that we could learn how to transfer the essence and energy of intelligent life.” She sighed. “You know the rest. The Wraith became long lived, self regenerating, deadly, intelligent and superior to us in all things except—“ She paused. “Except in the weakness of emotion. Not that they don’t have any. But there’s one they lack completely—love; and thus real compassion, pity… But, they have a keen sense of justice and honor. In their own way; as they understand how such things serves them and helps them survive and dominate.” She fell silent once more and didn’t seem willing to speak again.

“Then,” I broke the silence, “what is this and where am I?”

She shrugged a little, sipped the tea. “Part of you, the material you, your shell is, as I said, on that ship, turning to dust like the rest of us. You are now the life essence and the energy, the patterns of your brain’s electrical wirings, the chemistry of your consciousness that made you a distinct and intelligent life form. It has been sucked out of your material body; the machine of the Ascension Ship fed upon you—“ She grinned at me. “—like a Wraith would. Now do you see the connection with the Wraith?”

“Brilliant…” I mocked. “I am inside this… machine?”

“Not the one in the Ascension Ship, no. That machine absorbed your essence and your life and transmitted it to a far, far corner of another galaxy, a place known only to dead Ancients, where there’s another machine in which we are recreated.”

I smiled ruefully. “So, we’re alive, so to speak, as long as that machine at the edges of a galaxy is not destroyed by a marauding comet or some other intelligence that stumbles upon it.”

“You are a scientist, aren’t you.”

“Yes. It kind of takes the romance out of things.” I looked around. “So, we’re confined to this?”

“Oh, this is a very big world. As big as our minds can contain. You can travel among galaxies and see worlds you never imagined.”

“Real or my imagination?”

“Real. Projected unto this one, but real. The machine sends out sensors that travel to answer our questions and find the worlds we desire to see.”

“Even to Earth?” I chanced.

“Yes.”

“But this is amazing!”

“Yes,” she smiled.

Suddenly, I felt fire in my heart as I realized how had come to be there. “My… my Wraith took me, as I was dying, to your Ascension Ship,” I looked into her face. “The Blue Wraith told him the secret of this place. But if the Wraith know of the Ascension Ship, they would destroy it.”

She shook her head. “It doesn’t matter. There are none of us left. The destruction of that ship would only mean the destruction of our dust. There would be no effect here. Just the connection would be broken.” Her face turned dreamy, as if her thoughts were travelling far away. “My Wraith never told anyone about this place, not until now.” She looked into my eyes. “He did it for you.”

“When he took you to the Ascension Ship, did you know that this was not true ascension?”

“I did not know. I knew that it was not quite ready, but we all believed that eventually, when everything was ready, we would all come to such ships and we would ascend. Yes, we believed that we are ascending with our bodies and souls.” Her chest rose and fell in a deep breath. “When I reached this place, and still did not understand what it was, I called his name. But he never answered.” Her gaze was now lost in a point in the midst of the books lining the wall across the room. “Although, once, just before you came, I thought I heard him call me. And then, when we received a signal that someone would be coming, we were surprised and anxious. Also, I sensed a Wraith’ name in your mind.” She smiled ruefully.

“Do you miss him?”

“Terribly.” Tears gleamed in her eyes.

“Even in paradise?” I asked with a crooked smile.

“Especially in paradise.” She sniffled, trying to conceal her tears. “When we came here we didn’t cross the Styx, that river of forgetfulness. We have perfect memories of everything, never fading, never getting lost. Even the feelings retain their sharpness.”

Oh, crap… I put down my cup. My heart was heavy in my chest. Dead, yet not dead; an endless world of wonder and knowledge, as much as I could absorb for as long as that darn machine out there lasted; alive, yet not alive; and the one being that brought me here, the one being that I wanted here, was far away, immortal but for death at the hand of another, never to be seen or touched again. And his memory would haunt undaunted and my feelings for him would not fade, but torture me with their longing. This was not paradise. I felt tears in my throat.

“The sadness and the sorrow will not pass,” she said quietly.

“Nice to know,” I quipped back. Neither my sarcasm or flippancy would pass. Good. A girl needed some help around this self-absorbed place.

“Call his name,” she said suddenly. “Perhaps your Wraith will answer.” Then she said: “Tell me about the Blue Wraith. Tell me everything you saw and heard of him.”

I took in a deep breath. First the bad news. “He’s dead.”

sigpic

Comment

HONOR.

EPISODE 67.

Spoiler:
        She gasped a little. But, there was no other reaction. “Tell me what happened.”

I told her the story-- of the finding of Atlantis, of the humans of Pegasus, of the Lateans, of the Rising and how we awoke the Wraith; and then my story, that of the Amber Wraith, of the Queens, of Feng’s weapon, of how we took Atlantis back to Earth; and how the Blue Wraith died with honor.

She listened without interrupting me, frozen on her spot, the sun setting over the forest in the distance, a golden glow fading on the lake. Lights came on inside the library.

“He’s dead…” she finally echoed. “Thank you, Elena, for allowing him the death he wished.”

I stirred in my seat. “Had he told me about this place, I could’ve brought him here and—“

“NO!” she interrupted me, turning to me with a violent shake of her head. “No!” She seemed strangely angry, or frightened; or dismayed. I wasn’t sure. “No. A Wraith cannot ascend!”

“But, this is not true ascension.”

“You do not understand. A Wraith would have to choose the death which they abhor most—to have their lives sucked out of them; to have a machine feed upon them, like the Ancients did to them; that’s how we experimented on them.” She seemed to shudder. “What a foolish thing to think of! The Ascension machine is not built for Wraith. They would take the life out of the machine—ours, not give it to it.” She looked at me in anger. “You do not understand.” She breathed out as if to calm herself down. “He would’ve had to lie with me in the casket, while still alive, so that my energy would blend with his, and he would have to wish himself to die along with me if he was to come with me. No Wraith wishes himself to death. They cannot!” She stood up suddenly and turned on her heels.

She walked away without a further word.

My heart was heavy—

How can a heart be heavy when there’s no physical heart?

I smoothed my hands over my black and crimson dress. I touched my face.

How strange this was. How wonderful, how strange, how sad, how exilerating.

I walked out of the library unto the great lawn spreading out under the darkening sky towards the lake shimmering with the pearly lights of the clouds above.

The beauty filled my mind and heart. In my exuberance and sweet sadness I called the name of my Wraith. I filled my mind with the amber lights, the scents and feel of his hair.

I heard my own name, the one he had given me, like an echo back to me.

I shook it all away and came back to reality; or what was now reality.

Athania was right. You are a fool. And now you will be a fool for eternity; or the equivalent of eternity. But no more fool than she or the Ancients.

I heard a sound behind me. There was something stealth and familiar about it.

I swerved around.

The Amber Wraith stood in front of me, tall and tantalizingly menacing in his black leather coat, his long silver hair shining in the rising moon, the slits of his amber eyes wide, his very soul in the gold of his pupils.

“No…” I whispered. I looked up at the sky, suddenly filled with anger, and addressed some entity up there, the machine I imagined hovered in the skies. “No, damn you! I don’t want my memories and imagination turned back at me! Screw yourself if you must, but leave me alone!”

“To whom are you talking, Elena?”

I returned my gaze on the Amber Wraith. He was smiling wistfully.

“To some rusty bucket of bolts, if you must know,” I hurled back, hoping to insult the machine.

“Ah… Indeed.” He came close now and took my hand in his and put it on his chest, where his heart throbbed. “I am not the illusion of your mind. I am as real as you are.” The last statement was sardonic. “I stole my way here.” He grinned rather proudly. “I tricked the Ascension Ship. I laid next to you and it didn’t know I was a Wraith.”

My heart beat fast and my hand trembled in his. “You idiot Wraith!” I blurted out. “You died! You… You … you wished yourself to die! Why?” I clenched my fist.

He quickly stepped back out of my reach. “Something tells me,” he purred, “that it would hurt just as much as in reality.”

“This is reality!” I was now shaking. “And reality is that you are dead!”

“Stop reminding me!” he hissed back. He put out his hand to me again.

Suddenly, I calmed down, that gesture having washed away everything.

He said, with a soft hiss: “How else, Elena, would I keep my promise to you that we would travel the galaxies?”

He turned his head sharply and took what I knew to be one of those aggressive-defensive postures of a Wraith. I could tell that every muscle—in the machine’s mind as they were—had coiled in a deadly readiness to spring.

A rather large group of Ancients—men and women—approached, led by Athania. They stopped a few feet from us and regarded us silently, their gazes examining carefully the Latean and Wraith in front of them; the two intruders; the Wraith more so than the human.

“The Wraith can remain,” one of the Ancients, an elder man who had stepped forward, a staff in his hand, spoke. “If you can demonstrate you can control this creature.”

I suckered punched 'the creature." 'The creature' let himself fall on the grass with perfect grace and a self-satisfied purr. I could swear that on his way down he flicked his hair. I took a pose of standing over him, like a prize fighter, my right fist in the air, signaling victory over my opponent. “Had you only known that Wraith have a glass jaw,” I smiled angelically.

Athania looked at me amused; but the looks on the others’ face were somewhere between bemused and disgusted.

“The Wraith can stay,” the elder Ancient spoke again. He pushed his chin up. “As your body and that of the Wraith were in the Ascension Ship, you should know that the ship was deactivated and destroyed, so that no one else could come through it.”

They turned around and walked away, dispersing across the lawn.

A thought crossed my mind. I looked up at the sky again and attempted a question to the machine: “Will 'the creature' have to feed?”

I almost choked on my own words when I heard a flat voice in my head: “The Wraith will not get hungry. He will not need to feed.”

“Sure?”

“Sure.”

I rolled my eyes and with what must’ve been a wicked smile, I proceeded to revive the Wraith at my feet; or rather coax him into abandoning his pretense of a Wraith in distress.

And we traveled the galaxies and the worlds the machine discovered for us, untroubled by life or the living. As we traveled, the Wraith went into hibernation for one last time and never woke up; the humans of Pegasus became extinct; the Sun darkened; life on Earth turned back to its primeval beginning; and then it turned cold and spiraled away into dead space. The stargates toppled and turned to shards.

We traveled, eternity and space compressed for us. Athania had been right—in the machine, emotions did not fade or change. But, we could learn new ones. And we did.

Until one day an unknown space faring life form, travelers from afar, found the machine and wondered what it was. They never did find out. However, no longer concealed in the depth of the galaxies or hidden from sentient curiosity, the machine wished itself to die.

As a Wraith had told me in the beginning—there were worse ways to die.

THE END

Last edited by Traveler64; 15 March 2009, 11:27 AM.

sigpic

Comment

I am left speechless at the end of this, I think I just want to cry, its such a great love story, for all time.

Spoiler:
          I am glad they got to be together for all time!

Great story - all good things must come to an end!

You really need to post this on fanfiction.net for others to enjoy!
          I came, I saw, I conquered!
          sigpic
          We are unique! Created unique!
          Sevenofnine

Comment

*sobs* beautiful. I always knew he loved her, in his own Wraith way.

Write more, hon, please... in the name of all that's good!

*cookies and chocolate*
            sigpic

Comment

*sniff sniff* That was soooo cute...and beautiful....and satisfying....
              So he did have a stinger after all ^_~.
              *sigh* It fit the story well and an amazing ending for if an ending must come. I will miss it. *bow* thanks for it all!!
              500,000 years ago the wraith were different but fate brought her to him.
              http://www.fanfiction.net/~norvely

Comment

Masterful... BRILLIANT...! Truly enjoyable - a few times there I felt myself choking up with tears.

*repeats what was said in recent Email about self-deprecation*

A perfect ending - thank you.

Comment

wow T, what a woderful journey this has been. Im sad that its over, but all good things......
                  I want to say more but dont have the words.

thank you

masterling
                  sigpic

Comment

It's morning in England! Where are my obsessed Brit fans?

You know who you are...

It's midnight here. Finally finished my email list. (Yuck...)

Nighty night!

sigpic

Comment

It was a bittersweet ending. I will miss waiting anxiously for a new installment but at least I can imagine Elena and the Commander exploring the universe together.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
                        It's morning in England! Where are my obsessed Brit fans?

You know who you are...

It's midnight here. Finally finished my email list. (Yuck...)

Nighty night!

It's afternoon here, you did the right thing by Elene and Amber.

Two more words. Thank you.

MCH
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

This thread is beginning to fall off the edges of the Pegasus. So... BUMP!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
                            This thread is beginning to fall off the edges of the Pegasus. So... BUMP!
                            Ah me all good things comes to an end T64. But what an grand ending for Amber and Elena.

MCH

sigpic
                            Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

That was a wonderfull wrap-up, T64, so very touching and satisfying too.
                              Spoiler:
                              So Amber sneaked himself through with Elena, the tricky fox.

My only question there was: "Who's watching the baby!!??" Not the Worshippers, i hope! Maybe Uncle Lothar? He would be just right.

And even the Wraith went to sleep one last time and did not wake up...

That really put perspective on the comparatively brief existence of the life forms in a universe that will grow inconcievably ancient before it simply gets too cold and empty to exist at all...

Thank you for a wonderful reading experience!!

Sincerely,
                              KOH

Comment

I am glad you liked the ending. I was very anxious when I wrote it. It couldn't be a Hollywood ending, and yet I could not just let both be shot out into space...

Uncle Lothar is watching the little Queen. And the other male Wraith; and a new Commander, since Amber is gone. It is in their best interest to have a Queen, so they would be very good parents.

That is what I wanted to convey at the end--that even the immortal, or long lived, are transitory and just a passing twinkle of light in the endless universe... and even the universe must have an end. This so boggles the mind...

Originally posted by keeperofthehive View Post
                                That was a wonderfull wrap-up, T64, so very touching and satisfying too.
                                Spoiler:
                                So Amber sneaked himself through with Elena, the tricky fox.

My only question there was: "Who's watching the baby!!??" Not the Worshippers, i hope! Maybe Uncle Lothar? He would be just right.

And even the Wraith went to sleep one last time and did not wake up...

That really put perspective on the comparatively brief existence of the life forms in a universe that will grow inconcievably ancient before it simply gets too cold and empty to exist at all...

Thank you for a wonderful reading experience!!

Sincerely,
                                KOH

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X