Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HONOR--An Atlantis scientist meets the Wraiths. Up close.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    Wraith is both plural and singular I think.
    I think you are quite right, but as you could see, I wasn't paying attention. Sigh...
    HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by masterling View Post
      T64- good as always!!!Have been short on time but plan to reread all chapters this weekend. 2300 hits...HOT DAMM!!! I cant wait to see where this is going.

masterling

Thank you! I hope you get time to read this. Everyone has been very, very busy, I can tell on the WDC also. I am also guilty.

***going there right now****

sigpic

Comment

I hadn't had time to read your new chapters before now but the wait was worth it. I don't know if it's some kind of addiction or what, but I loved each passing chapter even more than the previous one. Chapter 24 really left me all dreamy. I couldn't help but think about Todd while reading about your Commander, although the latter seems, in fact, quite harder to read. As always, I'm hungry for more...

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
        If you think that she is not loyal to you or you think she would betray you, I give you the right to end her life.
        Heh, I was almost expecting Elena to reply "I don't need your authorisation to killer her."
        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
          I hadn't had time to read your new chapters before now but the wait was worth it. I don't know if it's some kind of addiction or what, but I loved each passing chapter even more than the previous one. Chapter 24 really left me all dreamy. I couldn't help but think about Todd while reading about your Commander, although the latter seems, in fact, quite harder to read. As always, I'm hungry for more...

Heh, I was almost expecting Elena to reply "I don't need your authorisation to killer her."
          I am glad you came by. My confidence in this is kind of shaky and your 'addiction' and continued reading does encourage me (perhaps I should not be encouraged...)

I felt kind of dreamy when I wrote that chapter. I have to tell you that when I started writing the last episodes, the path and dialogue I had in mind was different. But the Commander dug his heels in and took his own course of action. That's what happens I guess when one creates a character that starts taking a life of his own.

As for Elena's answer: That was the first answer that had flashed through her mind. But, I decided a while ago not to follow SGA's characters' lack of 'finesse' as they say. At some point all they do is get snarky, threaten to kill, pull out guns, etc. etc. The only ones who show complexity of character and action are Tey'la and Todd (bien sur...)

I've subscribed to your new fic thread and I should get notifications when you post a new episode. You've taken a complicated path with your story.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
            I am glad you came by. My confidence in this is kind of shaky and your 'addiction' and continued reading does encourage me (perhaps I should not be encouraged...)
            Oh yes you should! Your story is truly captivating. It has some "fairy tale" tone... Well, a fairy tale with shark-like pointy teeth and a deadly hungry palm. But still, the wraith world you create is mysterious and fascinating. After all, traditional fairies are not supposed to be kind, are they?

I felt kind of dreamy when I wrote that chapter. I have to tell you that when I started writing the last episodes, the path and dialogue I had in mind was different. But the Commander dug his heels in and took his own course of action. That's what happens I guess when one creates a character that starts taking a life of his own.
            Hehe, I know that. Not in my own SGA fanfic because I don't allow myself to depart from canon, but in the original fictions I wrote in French. (And even in the first episode of my fanfic, I didn't intend to do so much McKay + Todd interaction, but hey, they're so cute together!) It is a very common trait among writers to have your characters take a life on their own and surprise you.

As for Elena's answer: That was the first answer that had flashed through her mind. But, I decided a while ago not to follow SGA's characters' lack of 'finesse' as they say. At some point all they do is get snarky, threaten to kill, pull out guns, etc. etc. The only ones who show complexity of character and action are Tey'la and Todd (bien sur...)
            I didn't imagine Elena to reply aggressively. But I would totally imagine her teaching the Commander a lesson in the line of "you're only a guest here, I'm the one who makes decisions".

I've subscribed to your new fic thread and I should get notifications when you post a new episode. You've taken a complicated path with your story.
            You see it as complicated? I would tend to say that your story is much more complicated than mine, as mine is rather straightforward. No big cunning plan that runs for years, just action, testosterone and things that go "boom".

I might become slow to write for a month or two because of real life obligations, so don't be too impatient.
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

Congratulations T64!
              Your story really is enjoyable! Keep up the terrific work.

Speaking of which:

Spoiler:
              Hmmmmm......

This is entirely too much power for one individual, or maybe without the benefit of history, the Commander really is too naive to understand that such absolute power will corrupt him absolutely. Elena must save him from himself!

As for the Oueen, one imagines that as a human mother, Elena will lose plenty of sleep over Amanda's predicament. She has been tricked into helping the Commander produce a race of virtual slaves whose only power lies in repleneshing the hive. Absolutely unacceptable to a woman of Dr. Vries caliber, i imagine. Her name will be a curseword to all her female descendants.

Comment

Originally posted by keeperofthehive View Post
                Congratulations T64!

Speaking of which:

Spoiler:
                Hmmmmm......

This is entirely too much power for one individual, or maybe without the benefit of history, the Commander really is too naive to understand that such absolute power will corrupt him absolutely. Elena must save him from himself!

As for the Oueen, one imagines that as a human mother, Elena will lose plenty of sleep over Amanda's predicament. She has been tricked into helping the Commander produce a race of virtual slaves whose only power lies in repleneshing the hive. Absolutely unacceptable to a woman of Dr. Vries caliber, i imagine. Her name will be a curseword to all her female descendants.
                Spoiler:
                That is very, very intersting insight, and it does echo my own ruminations about the next chapter of this saga. Elena's anger and outrage is dulled by the fact that she is dealing with Wraith and their thinking process and 'values' are quite different. She, as we, does not even begin to understand the Wraith and she realizes that. She holds back judgement until she can understand.

Having said that--she understand history a lot better than the Commander does, who comes from a static, unchangeable culture. You are right--as clever as he is, as intelligent--brilliant from the point of view of man and Wraith--he is lacking the experience of history made up of generations and generations of change.

And she does have feeling for Amanda, as a human; except, this again is diferent. It's hard to explain... and Elena has difficulty understanding it also.

sigpic

Comment

Hi, I haven't been online for a while but I finally caught up with your story.

OMG, your writing is just amazing, so beautifully descriptive, I don't know why but this always blows me away. I wish I could write as well as you do. I hope this story never ends, I can't wait for more.

Comment

We want MORE!

Comment

Originally posted by angela21 View Post
                      Hi, I haven't been online for a while but I finally caught up with your story.

OMG, your writing is just amazing, so beautifully descriptive, I don't know why but this always blows me away. I wish I could write as well as you do. I hope this story never ends, I can't wait for more.
                      Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      We want MORE!
                      Thank you so much for your enouragement! It really kicks me into the writing mode.

More is coming, fear not. I'm rumminating over what will happen in my story, trying to weave together the plot points. I'm moving slower now because it has to make sense with everything that has happened. I don't want to have a 'predictable' ending, certainly not an SGA ending. It's almost at the point where Elena's position has become unattainable.

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations T64!

Speaking of which:

Spoiler:
                        Hmmmmm......

Hi KoH and T64, my computer crashed but I'm back for now, hope mine recovers.

[spoiler] The Commander, does he want to be saved from himself? He see himself as saving his race, I see him as abit blinkered at the moment. Being very male wanting to dominate, could be one way of looking at him. But he seems to genuine in his wish to want to provide a way forward for the Wraith and replenshing the hive with new Wraith/Queens without the Queens taking away the males life.
                        Slaves he doesn't see that I think, that the blinkered part, as far as we see it. Elena when she does see the Commander again must learnt to look at how the Wraith think. Only by understand what and how the Commander thinks his aims and how he will make those aims happen can she outwit him and Amanda. Tricky. [spoiler]

God it's good to be back. I was so worried I may have missed out.

MCHvb
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post

[spoiler] The Commander, does he want to be saved from himself? He see himself as saving his race, I see him as abit blinkered at the moment. Being very male wanting to dominate, could be one way of looking at him. But he seems to genuine in his wish to want to provide a way forward for the Wraith and replenshing the hive with new Wraith/Queens without the Queens taking away the males life.
                          Slaves he doesn't see that I think, that the blinkered part, as far as we see it. Elena when she does see the Commander again must learnt to look at how the Wraith think. Only by understand what and how the Commander thinks his aims and how he will make those aims happen can she outwit him and Amanda. Tricky. [spoiler]

MCHvb
                          Glad to see you back! You were sorely missed--I needed someone to put some clarity in this conumdrum of the plot. The reason you have not missed anything is that I am going back and forth here in my mind on the course of action. What you just wrote gives me a flicker of... something I now realize.

Can't say more... Mwahahahaha.

sigpic

Comment

MCHvb
                            Sorry to hear about your computer,MCH.

You are quite right, i think the Comander's intentions are for his people, but iis it doable on such a scale, unless all involved share his idealism? We know that will never happen, there is always a bad apple somewhere...

T64 will keep us in suspense to see how this resolves!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your computer,MCH.

You are quite right, i think the Comander's intentions are for his people, but iis it doable on such a scale, unless all involved share his idealism? We know that will never happen, there is always a bad apple somewhere...

T64 will keep us in suspense to see how this resolves!

Until T64 completely finishs the story, I don't send the boys round!!!

For MFW
                              Spoiler:

I got Wraithie to do a special. for T64 for when the story is finished. Just got work out how to put post it on this thread. I'll need help

MCH
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Until T64 completely finishs the story, I don't send the boys round!!!

For MFW
                                Spoiler:

I got Wraithie to do a special. for T64 for when the story is finished. Just got work out how to put post it on this thread. I'll need help

MCH
                                Oooooooooooh, that's going to be interesting! And fun!

And in anticipation of the boys, and just before the airing of The Queen, I have a new episode!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X