Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    Start a poll?
    Nah, I'll make a list from things said in this thread... and go from there.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Nah, I'll make a list from things said in this thread... and go from there.
      Don't forget Trolls being a pet peeve!
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        But why read a fic with a pairing you dislike? Why do you want to do that?
        Almost all such fics I have read were not labeled as to with pairing the author was going for. And it was a few years ago when I was still new to SG-1 fanfics.
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
          But moaning about a pairing or character being in a fic, when said fic was marked with it? I don't get that.

Or moaning about the lack of particular pairings. I remember getting all sorts of those types reviews when I first started posting my stories. I guess people really enjoyed my story or style of writing or something, but I would always receive a handful of hopeful "you should get Sam and Jack together" no matter that I hadn't even hinted at any sort of pairing, or that it would be physically impossible or psychologically improbably given the scenarios I tended to write them into. Like, oh, Sam's a child, and Jack's an adult, or Sam's a cat, and Jack's human. I mean, can you imagine? But yes, even then there were at least several requests that the situation eventually lead to them hooking up. So I guess there are those who are just never completely satisfied unless the story has their particular ship with a happy ending, no matter how disturbing it might be for it to come about.
          sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
            Or moaning about the lack of particular pairings. I remember getting all sorts of those types reviews when I first started posting my stories. I guess people really enjoyed my story or style of writing or something, but I would always receive a handful of hopeful "you should get Sam and Jack together" no matter that I hadn't even hinted at any sort of pairing, or that it would be physically impossible or psychologically improbably given the scenarios I tended to write them into. Like, oh, Sam's a child, and Jack's an adult, or Sam's a cat, and Jack's human. I mean, can you imagine? But yes, even then there were at least several requests that the situation eventually lead to them hooking up. So I guess there are those who are just never completely satisfied unless the story has their particular ship with a happy ending, no matter how disturbing it might be for it to come about.
            Yeah, don't these people know Jack's a dog person?! Or was that not the issue about the situation/pairing?
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              Yeah, don't these people know Jack's a dog person?! Or was that not the issue about the situation/pairing?
              Hmmm.... it might have been like cats and dogs. But what's a little interspecies pairing between die hard shippers right?
              sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

Hmmm.... it might have been like cats and dogs. But what's a little interspecies pairing between die hard shippers right?
                I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that! It would have ended up all down the front of me lol

Comment

Unless it's just my computer (pretty sure it's not), it seems ff.net did something that makes it so you can't use your mouse to hi-lite text in the story. It still works for the header information above the actual story text, just not in the story itself. I assume this is an anti-plagiarism thing meant to make it difficult to copy other people's work? Though it is probably pretty easy to get around, perhaps just by turning off javascript.

Whatever, is really annoying. I have a lot of trouble keeping my place on a big screen of text, so I tend to hi-lite the paragraph I am on, or a portion of it if it is big or a couple if they are very small. Whatever, I hi-lite the section I am reading. Now I've been reading on ff.net anyway despite not being able to do that, and it is giving me a headache.

Comment

Yep - it's one of the new features. Supposedly we'll be able to turn it on and off for our own fics later on, but last I heard there was no word on when that might be.
                    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

A friend shared this video the other day. PUT DOWN THE COFFEE OR OTHER DRINK THAT COULD BE A POTENTIAL CHOKING HAZARD. Then click "play".

sigpic
                      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

That's brilliant!!

Comment

Very catchy

Comment

The vid is great, and it gets extra points from me for featuring one of my favorite characters!

Comment

It's more of a personal thing rather than a huge peeve but I hate it when I'm reading a fabulously well-written ship fic and then bam! It veers right off canon into OOC land. No warning, usually just a subtle undercurrent of smouldering UST and posturing about reg-breaking and then suddenly Sam or Jack says "meh, screw the regs, wanna do it on the table/in a storage closet/in front of Hammond?" And they get away with it just because Jacob and/or Hammond has a quiet word about discretion or they turn a blind eye.

One of the things I like about that pairing is that they would *never* do that until it was legal and above board.
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                                ...in front of Hammond?" ... Hammond has a quiet word about discretion or they turn a blind eye.
                                That's going to be one hell of a blind eye, I imagine.

Comment

Working...
                                X