This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!

i am looking for a fic that i had read a long time back and i can't seem to find it.
    The fic is about Jack's injury from torture by Gould (maybe?) and he was so traumatic that he became childlike (refuse to talk and just do whatever people ask him to do). So his team take turn to take care for him. I remember Cassie was involved in his care and recovery too.
    At the end, it is Jacob and Tokra that help him to recovery back to his usual self.
    In the fic, there is mentioned of Jack wanting to eat only Jello and also a part about him listening to his walkman during surgery to calm him down.

Anyone can help to identify this fic? I really want to read it again as it was my fave and i lost all my fic collection when my hard disc crash.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiroko78 View Post
      Hi!

i am looking for a fic that i had read a long time back and i can't seem to find it.
      The fic is about Jack's injury from torture by Gould (maybe?) and he was so traumatic that he became childlike (refuse to talk and just do whatever people ask him to do). So his team take turn to take care for him. I remember Cassie was involved in his care and recovery too.
      At the end, it is Jacob and Tokra that help him to recovery back to his usual self.
      In the fic, there is mentioned of Jack wanting to eat only Jello and also a part about him listening to his walkman during surgery to calm him down.

Anyone can help to identify this fic? I really want to read it again as it was my fave and i lost all my fic collection when my hard disc crash.

Thanks in advance.
      Think your looking for "changes" by scruffylovin on the FF site

Comment

Originally posted by Susash View Post
        Think your looking for "changes" by scruffylovin on the FF site
        Thanks. This is not the same fic as the fic i am looking for but i appreciate it. Will read this as i have never read this before.

The fic that i am looking for is either general (without any ship) or Jack/Sara. I am not sure as it had been a long time since i read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiroko78 View Post
          Thanks. This is not the same fic as the fic i am looking for but i appreciate it. Will read this as i have never read this before.

The fic that i am looking for is either general (without any ship) or Jack/Sara. I am not sure as it had been a long time since i read it.
          Have one or two others in mind it could be, I never remember the titles but will look them up in next day or two if no one else remembers it and get back to you

Comment

I'm looking for a very short story (less than 10 pages) about Jack as a sniper. Could be pre-series. It is not Doing What Comes Naturally by Flatkatsi nor Extreme Cost, also by Flatkatsi.

Thanks.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I seem to recall a fic where Sam returns from Atlantis with a baby and Jack is hurt because he thinks it's not his. I remember something about an ancient device, I think the plot had unexplored potential. I think it was just a one parter, in fact there might have been two fairly similar. I can't remember whether they were very good or not I was just hoping someone recognised them. Beginning to think I'm imagining things.
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                I seem to recall a fic where Sam returns from Atlantis with a baby and Jack is hurt because he thinks it's not his. I remember something about an ancient device, I think the plot had unexplored potential. I think it was just a one parter, in fact there might have been two fairly similar. I can't remember whether they were very good or not I was just hoping someone recognised them. Beginning to think I'm imagining things.
                I vaguely recognize this summary. There are two actually, that could fit but I think I know the one you mean. Just have to find it again.

*searches*

EDIT:
                I think I found it. Is it What On Earth! by Catygirl?
                Last edited by fems; 18 January 2014, 07:32 AM.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Thanks fems, that was the one.
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                  If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

You're welcome. Normally I'm really bad with titles and authors but I remembered the story popping up around the same time I started posting one of my fics (which also had a surprise baby storyline, hence me keeping an eye on similar-sounding fics) so I just went back to the publishing date and found this one.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Hi guys,
                      Does anyone has Storm Warning, by Hoodat Whatzit, stored on his computer? I can't find it online
                      Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Caro View Post
                        Hi guys,
                        Does anyone has Storm Warning, by Hoodat Whatzit, stored on his computer? I can't find it online
                        Thanks !
                        I do. If you PM me your e-mail address, I can send it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          I do. If you PM me your e-mail address, I can send it to you.
                          Thank you

Comment

I'm looking for a fic I read a while ago. Sam and Joe Faxon are engaged. Joe are called by Kinsey to Washington and leaves their engagement's party early. Sam is angry and dances with Jack. I think that they stay together that night. I don't remember if the story is finished or not. Thnks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1RDA View Post
                              I'm looking for a fic I read a while ago. Sam and Joe Faxon are engaged. Joe are called by Kinsey to Washington and leaves their engagement's party early. Sam is angry and dances with Jack. I think that they stay together that night. I don't remember if the story is finished or not. Thnks in advance.
                              Is it Moving On by Sally Reeve? This is the story that comes closest to your description that I've read.
                              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Thank You. That is the one.

Comment

Working...
                                X