This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I can still use fanfiction downloader and it downloads fics just fine. I tried with several random stories and they all came out fine.
    If you use the latest version yes. The last couple of days, all it downloaded for me were the chapter titles. Thankfully the update earlier today works just fine.
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
      If you use the latest version yes. The last couple of days, all it downloaded for me were the chapter titles. Thankfully the update earlier today works just fine.
      Actually, I don't have the latest version. The one I have worked fine.

Comment

That's because you're special, Hedwig.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I looking for a story where Sam/Jack got deaged so they both looked like they were in their 20s. I think was some post season 8 AU. I may be mixing up two stories but I think they were stranded off world in an older gate system. As they journeyed home their bodies got younger. Jack somehow retained his job as head of homeworld security and they had some kids. This ringing any bells with anyone? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by raeble View Post
            I looking for a story where Sam/Jack got deaged so they both looked like they were in their 20s. I think was some post season 8 AU. I may be mixing up two stories but I think they were stranded off world in an older gate system. As they journeyed home their bodies got younger. Jack somehow retained his job as head of homeworld security and they had some kids. This ringing any bells with anyone? Thanks.
            Here's one:

To Dream As If You'll Live Forever by vinividivinci

There's another one I recall where Sam and Jack are kidnapped by Loki, de-aged to teenagers, then deposited on another planet in some sort of time bubble, where they then begin to grow normally, wind up married and have three or four children before being rescued. This is said story:

The Extended Vacation by kissmekent
            Last edited by hedwig; 28 October 2013, 07:51 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=shivez;13742052]Need your help.

After re-re-re-re (you get the idea) reading Taken by Laura Y I wanted to re-read another major Sam whumping story where she is beaten and dumped on Jack's lawn late at night. That's all I really remember about the story. I thought it might be on the Ultimate Sam Whumping list but nothing really looked familiar. It may very well be on the site but I thought picking the brains of everyone might be easier. You guys usually come in through.

FINALLY found it! http://www.thealphagate.com/viewstory.php?sid=1242

I've only skimmed the first few lines but this is definitely the one. Running off to read.

Comment

[QUOTE=shivez;14003092]
                Originally posted by shivez View Post
                Need your help.

After re-re-re-re (you get the idea) reading Taken by Laura Y I wanted to re-read another major Sam whumping story where she is beaten and dumped on Jack's lawn late at night. That's all I really remember about the story. I thought it might be on the Ultimate Sam Whumping list but nothing really looked familiar. It may very well be on the site but I thought picking the brains of everyone might be easier. You guys usually come in through.

FINALLY found it! http://www.thealphagate.com/viewstory.php?sid=1242

I've only skimmed the first few lines but this is definitely the one. Running off to read.
                Grrrrrrr....spoke too soon and didn't read far enough. Hidden Malice by Deb Is no joy.

Comment

Thanks that's the one I think. I don't remember reading the second one.
                  Here's one:

To Dream As If You'll Live Forever by vinividivinci

There's another one I recall where Sam and Jack are kidnapped by Loki, de-aged to teenagers, then deposited on another planet in some sort of time bubble, where they then begin to grow normally, wind up married and have three or four children before being rescued. This is said story:

The Extended Vacation by kissmekent

Comment

Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
                    That sounds like the Monkey Screaming series by SGCBearcub. The third part in the series is likely the part you recall, titled Silk and Chains, and can be found on FF.net in an edited version, and also on Heliopolis 2 and has the unedited adult ending.
                    Thanks ever so much, I have never seen this thread fail to identify a fic I'm off for cup of tea and a reread...

Comment

Looking for Fic where jack is in infirmary after being captured and tortured into thinking Sam has been killed. With the help of Jacob using a tokra device Sam reads and sees jacks thoughts, seeing why he thinks she's dead. Sam then helps jack realise she's real.

Comment

Originally posted by Susash View Post
                        Looking for Fic where jack is in infirmary after being captured and tortured into thinking Sam has been killed. With the help of Jacob using a tokra device Sam reads and sees jacks thoughts, seeing why he thinks she's dead. Sam then helps jack realise she's real.
                        Probably not the one you're looking for since Jacob isn't in it, but this is a good one.

Gone Fishing, Back in a Year by Jaydee B. Bailey

Comment

Trying this one again... does anyone know where this can be found? This is what I know of the fic:

I am looking for a fic I read maybe 4 years ago? It has SG-1, Martouf/Lantash, and Jacob/Selmak going on a mission together. The locals have some rule against women being unmarried when they are above 25, so Sam has to pick someone to marry now or they will force her to marry the son of the local leader. Jack and Martouf/Lantash offer to marry her, and are sort-of fighting for her hand. Eventually she realizes she want them both/all, and she ends up married to Jack AND Martouf/Lantash. I think the fic is NC-17 and has a rather steamy threesome/foursome wedding night scene.
                          I think they also discuss how to be together after going back home, and both Sam and Jack are seriously considering joining the Tok'ra so they can all be together.

They have a lot of tests that Jack and Martouf/Lantash had to go through to prove they were worthy of marrying Sam. And the son of the local leader kept making advances to Sam.

I think it was called something like Allies and Enemies? Or maybe Enemies, allies.

It was on Geocities, so it disappeared from with that. I don't have the author or the link, unfortunately
                          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Also trying if anyone knows this (asking for someone on the tokra-resistance yahoogroup - no one there had a link, but someone had read it).

AU of the episode Tok'ra I&II. The team is not able to leave the Tok'ra base and becomes stuck there for a longer time.

Probably the Tok'ra wouldn't let SG-1 leave, even when SG-3 came to tell about Jacob. Possibly because Sam didn't think about suggesting Jacob be a host/asking if a symbiote could heal him. I think she eventually did, but by then the Tok'ra were under attack. SG-1 and SG-3 had made an attempt to escape, and maybe killed or wounded some Tok'ra, and had been locked up - I think. I also think some Tok'ra would still let them leave now when they had to move base, but others wouldn't. Maybe Cordesh hadn't been discovered for a traitor?

I don't remember why SG-1 and SG-3 couldn't go home later, but it was possibly because their GDO code was locked out since too long had passed/the SGC thought they were ompromised? I think they ended up staying with the Tok'ra for a fairly long time.

There was also some more problems - with Cordesh perhaps, or just clashes between Tau'ri/Tok'ra. At some point either O'Neill or Daniel became host to Selmak? Maybe?
                            sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Probably not the one you're looking for since Jacob isn't in it, but this is a good one.

Gone Fishing, Back in a Year by Jaydee B. Bailey
                              No definitely not that one, but thanks hedwig, will give this one a read anyway. Can kick myself oft not remembering other one. Read it a couple of times and now I can't remember name of it. Will just have to keep looking as I'm positive it was on the fanfic site

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
                                Also trying if anyone knows this (asking for someone on the tokra-resistance yahoogroup - no one there had a link, but someone had read it).

AU of the episode Tok'ra I&II. The team is not able to leave the Tok'ra base and becomes stuck there for a longer time.

Probably the Tok'ra wouldn't let SG-1 leave, even when SG-3 came to tell about Jacob. Possibly because Sam didn't think about suggesting Jacob be a host/asking if a symbiote could heal him. I think she eventually did, but by then the Tok'ra were under attack. SG-1 and SG-3 had made an attempt to escape, and maybe killed or wounded some Tok'ra, and had been locked up - I think. I also think some Tok'ra would still let them leave now when they had to move base, but others wouldn't. Maybe Cordesh hadn't been discovered for a traitor?

I don't remember why SG-1 and SG-3 couldn't go home later, but it was possibly because their GDO code was locked out since too long had passed/the SGC thought they were ompromised? I think they ended up staying with the Tok'ra for a fairly long time.

There was also some more problems - with Cordesh perhaps, or just clashes between Tau'ri/Tok'ra. At some point either O'Neill or Daniel became host to Selmak? Maybe?
                                No one recognizes this one?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X