This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
    Is it after the first or second time Jack downloaded the repository?

I know of one fic where after Jack's second download, he retained everything that was downloaded and sometimes slipped some "research" to Sam. The central theme of this fic is something else but Jack does retain the knowledge of the Ancients and all the Asgard did the second time was to inadvertently adjust (with a massive leg up done by the first download - they were trying to remove it) Jack's brain so he could handle the knowledge.

Clan of the Wolf by RoczaDeb available on Always and Forever, ff.net and Heliopolis. The fic is unfinished and currently has a prologue and 8 chapters.

I want to say it was with the first download, and the story was completed. From what I can remember, I want to say Jack hid the fact he still had the knowledge until he needed to use it--due to the NID and stuff. The Asgard had meant to remove the knowledge, but it didn't work the way they had expected.

I have been looking for this story for well over a year now. It's been a long time since I read it (4+ years), but it was so good I want to read it again.

Who else has read this story? Please help me find it.

Comment

I believe I may have found the story ^^. I have just started reading it, so am not sure yet, but I figured I would place the link here since I wasn't the only one searching for it.

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...omingthe2.html

Comment

Originally posted by Blueowl View Post
        I believe I may have found the story ^^. I have just started reading it, so am not sure yet, but I figured I would place the link here since I wasn't the only one searching for it.

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...omingthe2.html
        Seeing the title from your link, reminds me that I have come across the fic before (just forgotten the details as it was sometime ago), if this is the story you are looking for some links for futher reading.

Complete story Becoming the Fifth Race

Summary courtesy of The Stargate Novel Archive
        Sam/Jack. Downloaded Jack - Jack's POV after returning from the Asgard home planet. Diplomatic Jack - Jack gets some help from Thor to prepare him for the Summit. Designing Jack - Jack is ordered by Thor to do some more "damn distasteful things." Descending Jack - Thor helps Jack find his way home after escaping from Ba'al. Distinctively Jack - Jack travels back to Othalla with Thor to fix his clone. Decidedly Jack - Jack is rescued from the stasis chamber but has some surprises waiting for him.
        And sequels A Series of Hijackings, Ricochet, What Fools These Mortals Be, The Kay Series, and What's Good for the Goose Is Good for the Gander.

dinkydow's ff.net page and SG-1 ficpage
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I read a story quite sometime back that's a post-SGA-The Return fic. In it, Landry has ordered Sam to prepare the nuke that is being sent to Atlantis. I don't recall if it was being sent through the gate or delivered by the Daedelus (as in the episode). She's wandering through the halls of the SGC later, feeling extremely depressed (obviously) because of what the ultimate result of this is going to be, and the fact that Jack is on Atlantis. She gets into an elevator, which malfunctions and is apparently hanging by a thread, and she more or less shuts down and refuses to try and help herself, figuring if Jack is dead, then she might as well be, too.

Anybody recognize this?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I read a story quite sometime back that's a post-SGA-The Return fic. In it, Landry has ordered Sam to prepare the nuke that is being sent to Atlantis. I don't recall if it was being sent through the gate or delivered by the Daedelus (as in the episode). She's wandering through the halls of the SGC later, feeling extremely depressed (obviously) because of what the ultimate result of this is going to be, and the fact that Jack is on Atlantis. She gets into an elevator, which malfunctions and is apparently hanging by a thread, and she more or less shuts down and refuses to try and help herself, figuring if Jack is dead, then she might as well be, too.

Anybody recognize this?
            I remember this also, but my brain is currently filled with Shipsgving revelry.

Comment

Hey, I'm looking for a couple stories and any help would be appreciated.

1. Sam is working on a device in her office which opens and shoots little darts at her. The darts burn through her clothing and Jack whisks her off to the showers but despite his efforts, when Janet shows up Sam is already unconcious. For the life of me, I can't remember what happens after that.

2. An offworld mission is complicated by the presence of menacing panther-like creatures. And that's all I've got.

Comment

Originally posted by Krazy View Post

1. Sam is working on a device in her office which opens and shoots little darts at her. The darts burn through her clothing and Jack whisks her off to the showers but despite his efforts, when Janet shows up Sam is already unconcious. For the life of me, I can't remember what happens after that.

2. An offworld mission is complicated by the presence of menacing panther-like creatures. And that's all I've got.
                I just read the first one again recently, and will see if I can find it again.

I don't recognize the second one.

Comment

Originally posted by Krazy View Post

I think the first one is "No Words" by Gail Delaney
                  http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1847776/1/No_Words

**EDIT*** Could the second one be "Many Shades of Night" by Sharon Nuttycombe?
                  That's an oldie.
                  http://www.samandjack.net/fanfics/viewstory.php?sid=556
                  Last edited by cdm; 06 December 2010, 09:58 PM.
                  [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by cdm View Post
                    I think the first one is "No Words" by Gail Delaney
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1847776/1/No_Words

**EDIT*** Could the second one be "Many Shades of Night" by Sharon Nuttycombe?
                    That's an oldie.
                    http://www.samandjack.net/fanfics/viewstory.php?sid=556
                    No words is definitely the first one I was thinking of. I don't think I've read Many Shades of Night before, but I'm certainly enjoying it now!

Comment

Hey guys, hope someone can help me. I read a novel lenght fic years ago where Jack is captured by the natives of a planet. Teal'c manages to get through the gate and Sam and Daniel have to hide in the woods to avoid capture. Jack is chained by the wrists to a pole in front of the gate and tortured for the location of Sam and Daniel, but he dosnt give them the information. Sam and Daniel have to stay but or Jacks torture would have been for nothing, as they cant rescue him by themselves. The SGC cant attempt a rescue until nightfall, but are forced to watch the torture via malp everytime they dial in to check how jack is doing. Eventually they mount a rescue and save jack where he is taken, badly weakened, to the infirmary.

I remember one line Jack says to Daniel while he is recovering in the infirmary.

"You can survive what you have to survive...for the sake of others."

Anyone know where I can find this fanfic?????
                      Ah…Colonel?
                      It's my sidearm, I swear…
                      [giggles]
                      No giggling, please…

Comment

hi
                        any sam/jack fanfiction (new stories)
                        in this site?
                        i'm looking for stories post enemy at the gate/continuum
                        exept from fanfiction.net and sj always and forever...

thanks
                        roni

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                          I have another fic search request.

I remember a couple of months back reading a fic where Jack was turning 50 and seeing as all he had to show for it was an empty house, he was very grouchy. He voiced his complaint to Jacob and then left for his cabin. Sam later joined him after resigning her commission.
                          Finally found this fic. Jack didn't have a birthday but the scene with Jacob was there and Sam didn't resign her commission, she transferred out.

The fic is Seasons of Our Lifes

Comment

Hi

I am hoping someone can help, I am looking for a couple of fics I read before and would like to re read them, but can't seem to remember their names and because what I remember is pretty sketchy they aren't coming up in any searches, so here is hoping someone recognizes them.

Sam had been missing and when she is found has no memory, and from what I can remember her and Jack had been together but had broken up or were getting a divorce when she went missing, I just remember him saying to his new girlfriend they found his wife. The only other thing I seem to remember is his new girlfriend is a waitress or something.

The other one I am looking for Laria from Edora says she has Jacks child but it turns out to be a child of Sam's and Jacks, the child was given to her by a Gould who wanted revenge or something.

And the third one Sam buys a house near Jacks and it needs a lot of renovations and such but there comes a mystery with the house, hidden passages and ghosts and what not.

Sorry about being so vague on what I remember but I read them so long ago and they stuck out in my mind (strange how they stick and my mind so much but I don't remember to many details lol)
                            Any help in their names would be appreciated

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by etag rats View Post
                              Hi

I am hoping someone can help, I am looking for a couple of fics I read before and would like to re read them, but can't seem to remember their names and because what I remember is pretty sketchy they aren't coming up in any searches, so here is hoping someone recognizes them.

Sam had been missing and when she is found has no memory, and from what I can remember her and Jack had been together but had broken up or were getting a divorce when she went missing, I just remember him saying to his new girlfriend they found his wife. The only other thing I seem to remember is his new girlfriend is a waitress or something.

The other one I am looking for Laria from Edora says she has Jacks child but it turns out to be a child of Sam's and Jacks, the child was given to her by a Gould who wanted revenge or something.

And the third one Sam buys a house near Jacks and it needs a lot of renovations and such but there comes a mystery with the house, hidden passages and ghosts and what not.

Sorry about being so vague on what I remember but I read them so long ago and they stuck out in my mind (strange how they stick and my mind so much but I don't remember to many details lol)
                              Any help in their names would be appreciated

Thanks
                              I seem to recall something like the first one, in which Sam is Missing in Action. She and Jack are married, but have been having difficulties and he wants a divorce. However, Sam goes missing before he can file any papers. While Sam is missing, he moves on and becomes involved with a waitress. He isn't overly thrilled when he finds out two years later that Sam is found and being brought back to the SGC. She's a mess psychologically when she comes through the gate - kicking and struggling and demanding they go back for her child. She's clutching a bunch of rags, and everyone thinks she delusional and doesn't know what she's talking about. Turns out she was pregnant when she went missing, and there is a child. I didn't like Jack at all in this story because of his behavior - assuming this is the one you are talking about.

I think I read the 2d one fairly recently. Laira shows up at the SGC with a child that she claims is Jack's. Turns out Laira isn't the mother. If I remember correctly, Daniel from an AU shows up on Edora and gives the child to Laira telling her to take the child to Jack because it's his child. In his reality, the Jack and Sam that AU Daniel knows have died, and he's trying to get the child to someone who will really care for her. It turns out that the mother in the AU is also Sam. Nobody can quite figure out why the child keeps wanting to go to Sam, while ignoring Laira - who has sort of claimed the child is her own, hoping to get back with Jack.

I know nothing about the 3rd story. I'll see if I can find the other two.

Comment

Thank you hedwig
                                It does sound like those are the stories I am looking for, not sure why I thought there was a Gould in the second one lol
                                Maybe I will have better luck searching for them now with the better description you provided

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X