• Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the kind words

your link to 'it's great to be eight' is wrong. it goes to nine
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have only just started reading fic and the ones on this list so far heve been great. I read an interesting one on lj by rolleson

Title: Acceptance
      Author: rolleson
      Fandom: SGA
      Rating: PG-13
      Character/Pairing: Sam/McKay, Sam/Sheppard
      Spoilers: All of Season Four SGA.
      Warnings: Baby!fic, angst, humour, language
      Summery: In eleven years the Depo shot hadn't let her down once.

http://rolleson.livejournal.com/583137.html

Comment

Redeeming Qualities by Denise
        Summary: When the nav system of the 302 malfunctions, half of SG-1 is trapped and Sam makes a most unexpected acquaintance None

Comment

The fixed link for It's great to be 8 iamdragonrider posted before. And I recommend anything by janissima. Sam is the focus of most of her stories, but there is also Sam/Jack in some of them, tho "It's great to be 8" has no ship.

Sky will there be more Sam/Eric stories? I really liked those
          sigpic

Comment

yay, thanks for the link. got me something to read now

as to sam and eric, if i can come up with a story, sure. Just need to find a plot to go with the idea

sigpic

Comment

Thank you jasminaGo, for supplying the link. I have edited the original post and added a notation.

Eight, Nine... whatev...

I wrote a seven year old Sam (and what's funny is the authors of eight and nine beta'd... what can i say, we love each other's works!)

Now I'm writing another, I guess I feel there is a short supply of Sam centered kidfic! I don't know if I'll write more though, GP had unaware, and now Elementary has aware... and that's about all I wanted. Of course... there's my disatisfaction with the way Fragile Balance ended.. so who knows?

Hey, does anyone know what happened to the Carterfic website? It was a year, maybe two ago, beatiful site, i think done in a shade of red and white and similar to the build for Heliopolis and the SG-1 Littleverse, and probably a dozen or so other sites. My link just keeps giving me error messages, and I remember that they were having technical problems. Any idea where the site is now? The only Carterfic site I can find now doesn't look anything at all like the first site. I miss it.
              sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                and now i'm pimping one of m y own
                Redeeming Qualities April 2008

Category- AU, Adventure
                Season- 6
                Spoilers - Seth, Redemption, Tok'ra, Need
                Content Level - Older Kids
                Content Warning- Little language
                Summary- When a malfunctioning navigation system leaves part of SG-1 stranded, Sam makes the most unexpected acquaintance

http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/a.../redeeming.htm
                This was great. Nice little unexpected twist there. I think we could use a sequel in the AU world for later seasons when the unexpected acquaintance shows up.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
                  Thank you jasminaGo, for supplying the link. I have edited the original post and added a notation.

Eight, Nine... whatev...

I wrote a seven year old Sam (and what's funny is the authors of eight and nine beta'd... what can i say, we love each other's works!)

Now I'm writing another, I guess I feel there is a short supply of Sam centered kidfic! I don't know if I'll write more though, GP had unaware, and now Elementary has aware... and that's about all I wanted. Of course... there's my disatisfaction with the way Fragile Balance ended.. so who knows?

Hey, does anyone know what happened to the Carterfic website? It was a year, maybe two ago, beatiful site, i think done in a shade of red and white and similar to the build for Heliopolis and the SG-1 Littleverse, and probably a dozen or so other sites. My link just keeps giving me error messages, and I remember that they were having technical problems. Any idea where the site is now? The only Carterfic site I can find now doesn't look anything at all like the first site. I miss it.
                  i dunno, i'm a mod on the carter fic yahoo group, but the group owner has been bouncing for years.

sigpic

Comment

on that note, what other sites out there are good for sam fic?

sigpic

Comment

on that note, what other sites out there are good for sam fic?
                      Try this one: Smarter than you:A Sam Carter Rec list
                      All Sam, all gen

Comment

i dunno, i'm a mod on the carter fic yahoo group, but the group owner has been bouncing for years.
                        Well I know it wasn't a yahoo group (though I did find that site when I tried to google search for the carter fic Archieve)

This is the address I have in my favorites, and the message on the page not found makes it sound like they went *somewhere* but there's no redirect. I joined when the site was still in it's infancy having recieved an invite from the webmistress because I wrote Carter centered fic.

They had been shaping into a really great site, growing as new authors and Carter fans joined and added thier stuff, and I remember trying to add some more of my own things but the uploader went down (or was set to moderated... but nothing ever got approved, and then they disappeared). I cannot recall who the webmistress is, I wonder if I have any old emails from her or the site? Guess I'll ahve to wade through the old inbox... (I'm a veritable packrat... in real life and virtually!)

Does anyone else recall this site?
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh, and here's a link to FF.net's C2 Carter Fic community
                          http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Carter_Fic/1066/

And this is SG1-Fanfic's profile list (I think she used to post around here as astrolgeologist or something like that) Most of the profile is dedicated to listings of her favorite Carterfics and links to site listings of more. You could probably spend a month or so wading through the choices and most of them are very good! SG1-Fanfic's stories are also good reads.
                          http://www.fanfiction.net/u/599721/
                          sigpic

Comment

This story is a fav of mine but is an ADULT FIC. It's subject matter deals with rape and the aftermath and shouldn't be read by anyone under 18!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! It's a nice long h/c fic, however the summary doesn't give any clue about the story or subject matter.

It's called Alea Iacta Est by Mabyn. Here is the link to her profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/869403/Mabyn

I'm waiting to read her My Andromeda and My Perseus untill they are finished. She hasn't updated in a while but I'm hoping she will carry it on.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                              This story is a fav of mine but is an ADULT FIC. It's subject matter deals with rape and the aftermath and shouldn't be read by anyone under 18!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! It's a nice long h/c fic, however the summary doesn't give any clue about the story or subject matter.
                              It's called Alea Iacta Est by Mabyn. Here is the link to her profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/869403/Mabyn
                              OMG...when I first read that I was almost crying along with Sam...that is a very powerful, emotionally charged story....pretty violent but IMHO, very well written...thanks for linking it for everyone else...I already have it bookmarked!!!
                              There's another not so nice, violent sort of story that I cried over...it's called Mata Hari by Telkena...for me the saddest part was in chapter 5...I'll put it in spoilers...it is adult rated so not for young ones!!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I seem to have deleted my bookmark for it, but the Sam ficathon that was done last summer? has a lot of excellent stories. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Comment

Working...
                                X