Promote Your Fic Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
    i like that. i'd like to see a big fight scene in there somewhere. and see how p-90's and chriton's laser pistol thing work on the borg. keep writing-it sounds cool!
    I take it that was directed at me.
    Thank you, and without spoiling things too much, I think I can assure you that I wont be wasting that particular oppertunity

Comment

I've got my sixty-odd fics archived at the address in my sig line! Never let it be said that Mr Prophet shuns the burden of relentless self-aggrandisement! In case I ever change the sig line, that's The Stargate Desk of the Lost Vegas Public Library.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

From ibwolf: Thank you, and without spoiling things too much

i didn't think you could spoil fanfic's too much unless its like that stargate horizon "series". i mean theyre there for everyone to read if they want.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
          i didn't think you could spoil fanfic's too much unless its like that stargate horizon "series". i mean theyre there for everyone to read if they want.
          Technically spoilers are information about important plot points in stories (writen, filmed or otherwise) that the reader has not read/seen/played/heard/etc. Since, at least some, fan fiction are stories, it is therefore, by definition, possible to spoil them.

Comment

Originally posted by UberAeryn
            I've noticed several authors mentioning their fics in various threads, and I wondered if we could dedicate one particular thread for that purpose?

Promotion! Feedback! All that good stuff that makes authors drool and write more more more!

We'd need rating, pairings (if any), genre - all the usual.

Anyone interested?
            Okie, dokie I want to try this out.

I'm an average writer that posts under the penname of 'NG'. Maybe some of you have seen my work...maybe not.

Anyway for a link of my stories click here,

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ng

I post humor/drama/angst whatever my muse decides to direct me.

One of my favorite stories I'm busy writing on is called, "Sleeping with my best friend."

How can I sum it up...it is basically a strange type of soapie. It has Jack/Sam, Sam/Daniel, Daniel/Janet etc. etc. etc. etc.

Oh and I posted a humor story a while ago called, "Ten easy ways," and to my surprise a lot of people seemed to have enjoyed that. I received 84 reviews for 4 chapters,

So please please please please please please please please please pretty please if anybody more goes and read my stories I will be him/her's loyal slave forever.

I love reviews, especially critical since I believe that is the only way to improve one's writing.

Okie dok.

Cherio my gatio's.

Comment

My fic's at the emerald city link below. almost 300 stories, everything from a drabble to series.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've written a few and they can all be found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/484953/

I've also started to post them on the fanfic site here, but have only put two up so far.

My fics are general as I don't really like shippyness and I've written a few funny ones (well I think they're funny, anyway). They're all rated PG or PG13.

I think this is a great thread - it's given me somewhere else to look for fics to read as there is so much out there it's not always easy to track down different sites.

Comment

Anyone have Atlantis fics? Preferable McKay focussed.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

i would like to see one of those. im wroking on an atlantis fic, so i might post it when im done. (i dont know if itll be mckay based though)
                    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I've written 4 Stargate Fics yet. They're all S&J ship. Hmm no idea what more to say. I'm not doing self promotion every day. *blush*

You can read them at FF.Net:
                      http://www.fanfiction.net/u/625623/

Or on my site:
                      http://www.freepgs.com/pics/sj_fics.htm

Nothing special, though. I'm working on a new longer one but my ideas are on vacation right now

Steffi ~ A Shipper on Mission *weg*

Comment

This is my first fanfic and can be found here Outpost

Its only a couple of chapters so far but I wouldn't mind hearing what some of you more experienced fanfic writers think.

Its a general SG1 story with all of SG1 in it. It starts off with the team having a rough morning and then when they get back to Earth the Tok'ra turn up with news about an alarming development.

please read and review if you can.
                        Hammond "Colonel, General Chekov thinks that due to our arrangement with the Russian government a russian soldier be assigned to SG1"

O'Neill "Over my rotting corpse Sir" *pauses* "Oh did I say that out loud"

Hammond "I did say that I would discuss it with you and that you would give the matter some careful consideration"

O'Neill "Yes I'm sure I would, but I would still probably say bite me"

Comment

Originally posted by RAJ
                          This is my first fanfic and can be found here Outpost

Its only a couple of chapters so far but I wouldn't mind hearing what some of you more experienced fanfic writers think.

Its a general SG1 story with all of SG1 in it. It starts off with the team having a rough morning and then when they get back to Earth the Tok'ra turn up with news about an alarming development.

please read and review if you can.
                          So far so good.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Shameless self-promotion? We can do that?

Okay, here goes:

My fics are all here on Gateworld. I write Daniel/Sha're romance/angst and Daniel angst. There's not a lot of Daniel/Sha're shipper friendly stories or D/S stories at all, but I'm attempting to remedy that situation.

Search under Lisa Michelle.

Comment

Ok, normally i would never do this, (seeing as my stuff isn't all that great) but, what the heck. You can find a few pieces of mine here at Gateworld, they're called"

Archeal Series: Part 1
                              Archeal Series: Part 2

Im currently working on parts 3 and 4 after a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnng abscence, aswell as a miniseries/spin-off collection, and a one-off Sam/Daniel, Sam/Jack piece.

Read at your own warning, may contrain terrible plotlines and poor grammer.
                              How I'd write out Jonas:

Jack: Danny, good to have you back.
                              *Jonas starts to walk toward event-horizon, teary-eyed*
                              *Daniel notices*
                              Daniel: Hey Jonas!
                              Jonas: Y..yes?
                              *Daniel hands him his glasses and a 'rock'*
                              Daniel: Here, if for any reason i cannot fully complete my duties as team archeoligist we'll dial you up and you can be the new 'Daniel'.
                              Jonas: (excitedly) Really? wow, has it ever happened before?
                              Daniel:Uh...no...
                              Jonas: Oh boy! I have a dream!

Comment

On the off chance that anyone gives a fig. I've just posted chapter 3 (not the final chapter as previously stated) of Wormhole Junction. See sig. for link. As of posting this fanfiction.net has not reflected the update. Seems to take awhile for changes to percolate through the system, but rest assured that I have posted it

Comment

Working...
                                X