Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    Well as the "Executive Producer," so to speak, I'm declaring that we don't have the means to mass-produce hover-tanks at present
    What about railguns for the tanks?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      What about railguns for the tanks?
      ...please, for the love of God, tell me you're joking...
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        ...please, for the love of God, tell me you're joking...
        What? High rate of fire, powerful. If they could wheek a few to atlantis, why not here?

Comment

I will say railguns on tanks as a secondary weapon is not bad. We already use heavy machine guns on our current main battle tanks. I love that there is actually some ground weapons being deployed. Always wondered why there was never ground vehicals used.

What I am more suprised with is the lack of defensive weapons for fighter craft for ground troups. We have the power to take down massive ships but we cannot shoot down stinking fighers from the ground? I like the fact you actually attempted to use surface to air missles like the US stinger missile, but that is 1970's tech. Maybe some updated tech for fighter defence. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by altimasmitty View Post
            I will say railguns on tanks as a secondary weapon is not bad. We already use heavy machine guns on our current main battle tanks. I love that there is actually some ground weapons being deployed. Always wondered why there was never ground vehicals used.

What I am more suprised with is the lack of defensive weapons for fighter craft for ground troups. We have the power to take down massive ships but we cannot shoot down stinking fighers from the ground? I like the fact you actually attempted to use surface to air missles like the US stinger missile, but that is 1970's tech. Maybe some updated tech for fighter defence. Just a thought.
            Well, to be fair, the gunships have some fairly heavy armor on them... they are gunships, after all. And Earth is constantly trying to come up with new ways to fight off the Der'kal, the gate-tanks being one example of this.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy everything I have read by,or in colabaration with you. I just have always felt that ground support vehicals and weapons have always been ignored, considering all gates are on the surface of planets, in the MW anyways. At least you have taken it further, in regards to ground support than most.

Oh, can we possible get some specs on the gate tank?

Keep up the good works.

Comment

So have you thought about trying to get the guys in the Gateworld and alternate universe fleet threads your designs for the Der'kal ships, and seeing if someone could get a 3-D model going on?

Or better yet BoBerth has a modeling challenge thread in the sci-tech, give it to him, and he could have the people compete in rendering the Der'kal fleet.
                [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

Originally posted by altimasmitty View Post
                  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy everything I have read by,or in colabaration with you. I just have always felt that ground support vehicals and weapons have always been ignored, considering all gates are on the surface of planets, in the MW anyways. At least you have taken it further, in regards to ground support than most.

Oh, can we possible get some specs on the gate tank?

Keep up the good works.
                  It's an Bradley Fighting Vehicle refitted for gate travel, since BFG have no large turret, it can easily fit into the gate.
                  sigpic
                  The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                    It's an Bradley Fighting Vehicle refitted for gate travel, since BFG have no large turret, it can easily fit into the gate.
                    well if you think about it using alien tech you could probably slim down super heavy duty tanks using a trinium alloy, and a naquada gen....
                    [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

so is the X-699 ever going to appear in the series, you said they had them down to rifle size why not start replacing all projectile based weapons with energy weapons like the rifles, the tank turrets, and the rail guns on the ships and the 302s

Comment

Arrakis... Have you been reading a little too much Dune s09?

Comment

Originally posted by Vampyr View Post
                          Arrakis... Have you been reading a little too much Dune s09?
                          Tee-hee.

I picked up on that, too.

Comment

Elitenova, I am not trying to be picky...ok maybe I am. I guess it is because I am military that I am more picky about military type vehicals.

You may want to check out your specs for military vehicals in wiki. The Bradley is actually much larger than the Abrams Main Battle tank. This is due to the fact that the Bradley has to carry troops. If it is just a tank than the Abrams would be a better fit. It is only 8ft tall and 12ft wide. The best specs I could find in regards to the width of the gate opening is 17ft.

Again sorry for being so picky. Just the military man in me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                              Tee-hee.

I picked up on that, too.
                              Hehe, just a tad... and besides, it's a desert planet valuable for only one thing that everyone needs; the Tok'ra!

Comment

ahahaha true

Comment

Working...
                                X