• Show
Clear All

He has a point.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
      He has a point.
      When do I not have a point? (off topic section posts don't count)

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        Does this mean Earth has access to subspace tap technology?

Which can give near- ZPM levels of energy? Indefiently....

Energy crisis over.
        Isn't there a difference between traveling in subspace and traveling in between realities? Subspace is located in the individual universe, which is why a wormhole (like the stargates) requires passage through a black hole in order to travel to other realities.
        btw love the episodes, its really great writing
        Last edited by Fettucchini; 29 October 2008, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          Does this mean Earth has access to subspace tap technology?

Which can give near- ZPM levels of energy? Indefiently....

Energy crisis over.
          I'm not sure why people think this will solve all the energy problems in the Stargate world. The subspace sucker is nowhere near a ZPM if you think about it.

It can only provide the same amount of power during a very short burst. It also seems to take a very long time to "charge up". They had to transfer energy to it from the ship to make it charge faster.

It's kind of like the same principal of lasers here. You see articles on lasers that are capable of an output of like a Petawatt. While very powerful. That energy is only there for an incredibly small time(ie. femtoseconds). So a ZPM is many orders of magnitude more powerful.

At least that is my understanding.

s09119, I know I don't post here commenting on your episodes, but they are really good and I enjoy reading them. So keep at it.

Comment

Well, if we assume that near-ZPM levels mean say... 5% of a ZPM, and it can be reached is some half hour of chargng. So given enougy time you cold build up incredibly high energy lelevs- a devastating one shot kill capability (has to one shot 'cuz it has to recharge after.).

Aside from that there's the benefit of it being indefinity, it is in fact a free enegy machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Fettucchini View Post
              Isn't there a difference between traveling in subspace and traveling in between realities? Subspace is located in the individual universe, which is why a wormhole (like the stargates) requires passage through a black hole in order to travel to other realities.
              btw love the episodes, its really great writing
              Originally posted by Harkonnen View Post
              I'm not sure why people think this will solve all the energy problems in the Stargate world. The subspace sucker is nowhere near a ZPM if you think about it.

It can only provide the same amount of power during a very short burst. It also seems to take a very long time to "charge up". They had to transfer energy to it from the ship to make it charge faster.

It's kind of like the same principal of lasers here. You see articles on lasers that are capable of an output of like a Petawatt. While very powerful. That energy is only there for an incredibly small time(ie. femtoseconds). So a ZPM is many orders of magnitude more powerful.

At least that is my understanding.

s09119, I know I don't post here commenting on your episodes, but they are really good and I enjoy reading them. So keep at it.
              Wow, two "good job" comments at once, one of which being a person's only post on GateWorld so far! Thank you, both of you

And as for the subspace-tap argument... that particular piece of technology will not be featured in the episode. It would simply be too great an advantage.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

So..... your sticking a ZPM on it?

Comment

hurry up please. im bored now.
                  sigpic

Comment

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!!

Comment

building an alternate universe drive is insanity
                      Continuing Stargate
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50813

Stargate Universal Sin

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67861

Stargate Dark Frontier
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71213

Uttara Kuru- Afterimage (proper theme for stargate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPYc1boma8

Comment

i dont care!he should be finished by now. it cant be that hard
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
                          i dont care!he should be finished by now. it cant be that hard
                          You need to chill out. I would prefer a lengthy well written episode than one that's rushed because people wanted to read it. Try writing your own fan-fic, I bet people wouldn't like it if you rushed through it.

Comment

IT"S CHRISTMAS!!!!

Comment

a well written piece that's a week overdue!
                              it's like promising someone you'll go out with them, but you dont go at all.

Comment

So what was your favorite Continium scene?

Comment

Working...
                                X