Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same for safari.
    Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
    sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      So, fun fact: updated the banner set for CSG today! Unfortunately, the SG-1 banner keeps showing up as larger than the other two on my screen... how odd, they're all exactly the same size.
      They all look the same size for me in Comodo Dragon and Firefox.
      sigpic

Comment

Well my browser finally righted itself. That was strange, but maybe it was just a weird cache error? I don't know.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

So, fun fact: updated the banner set for CSG today! Unfortunately, the SG-1 banner keeps showing up as larger than the other two on my screen... how odd, they're all exactly the same size.
          hello. longtime lurker and reader here.

i do have a question about those banners tho, did you bother to check with the artist who made the original pics if you were allowed to use them?

if not i think you should as its not nice to steal artwork.

Comment

Why, recognize them from somewhere? I can understand your point though. Plagiarism is bad, remember what happened recently with that politician that was strip of his graduation title (Dr.?) because he had plagiarized in his final thesis?

Hint: at least credit the person.
            Last edited by Steelbox; 30 May 2011, 04:55 AM.
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

yeah. bad plagarism. however, if they posted it up and have nothing about terms of use, then no issues are had.

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
              sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                Why, recognize them from somewhere? I can understand your point though. Plagiarism is bad, remember what happened recently with that politician that was strip of his graduation title (Dr.?) because he had plagiarized in his final thesis?
                yes i do recognise them as i have watched the person who made them on deviant art for quite some time i also asked if he had given anyone permission to use them and he said he had not, he also went on about he has no issue with them being used aslong as people ask first.

and there are terms of use in place for them.

Comment

Lightwave, can you please post the link to this deviant art profile page so we can clear this missunderstanding?
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

it IMHO seems a bit... well i don't know. epic fail? i mean, S09 is a good writer. of all people in the world he would know plagiarism. i just can't imagine that such a person would do it.

to me it seems more of a simple misunderstanding.

Comment

Guys :accusation is NOT proof.

This site has a zero tolerance policy on people who join purely to launch accusations,especially when we know that their proofs are questionable ,or posted on behalf of Non-GW "friends" .

Lightwave : e-mail the author at his site if you want to discuss your issues any further,thanks.

Everyone else : back on topic please.So9 can talk about this if he wants to ,but he's currently offline ,and unable to defend or explain himself.

Exercise benefit of the doubt.
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Oh for the love of... I sent the artist a message on deviantART about the pictures in question but wanted to update the thread ahead of an answer because I've never had a problem with DA artists in the past and wanted something to show for a night of fiddling with GIMP. The artist has yet to respond to my message, and if he continues to not respond, I'll take down the banners and return to my previous ones that I already have permission to use/come from GateWorld images. I would prefer he simply respond to my message, but it's increasingly looking like that won't happen.

In short, I'm not about to get into a multi-thread debate on the ethics of using pictures for a fanfiction on a Stargate website. I really enjoyed the work of the artist in question and was sick of my old banners; putting the edited ones up before getting permission may have been a little premature/silly, but I hardly think it warrants the back-and-forth here. I've never had any issues with talking to DA people before and I think it'd be a real shame for one to start now over something so trivial that can be avoided by simply replying to a message.

Anyway, just to ensure that there won't be any more claims of mass plagiarism on a fanfiction (I mean, honestly...), I'll wait until I get home from work tomorrow. If the artist still hasn't responded, I'll gladly take the banners down and go back to using images I already have permissions to work with. It won't be as nice looking or clean, and it'll be a real shame, but such is life.

Now can we please move on?
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

It's fiction for fiction. done and done. Yup. Moved on a while ago!

BTW: Since I've been in Asia for the past five months, and only recently got back, I'm finally catching up on SGU. Two episodes left. This thread was literally the only thread on GW I was reading for fear of spoilers. Anyway, I've got to say, this second half of SGU impressed me, but my father said he didn't really like the ending that much. he wont tell me more than that. Basically I'm just saying this as a way to say that SO9 has some great material in my opinion to work with in the future.

sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

So I have good news It turns out that the cause of our image issues was that the pictures in question had been... wait for it... stolen by another person on deviantART and uploaded as their own. That would explain why, in my quest to get permissions, I was getting no response whatsoever even after I was told the artist was trying to get in touch with me in return. So the moral of the story? People who steal pictures are pains in the arse, especially when they don't at least have the courtesy to message you back and inform you who the original artist was that they stole from so you can avoid a big mess on your fanfic

Comment

So I have good news It turns out that the cause of our image issues was that the pictures in question had been... wait for it... stolen by another person on deviantART and uploaded as their own. That would explain why, in my quest to get permissions, I was getting no response whatsoever even after I was told the artist was trying to get in touch with me in return. So the moral of the story? People who steal pictures are pains in the arse, especially when they don't at least have the courtesy to message you back and inform you who the original artist was that they stole from so you can avoid a big mess on your fanfic
                              Logistics, aren't they great?

Comment

Finding the story's here is a nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                                X