No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can see that you already made 1 episode of "Atlantis" - "Cross Roads" was it, before completing SG-1. So do one SGU every season ending of Atlantis. Do one (1) SGU episode to Cheapen the bitter ending of cannon SGU as Lt Col Mcoy said that we got, than continue "Atlantis".
    sigpic
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Great episodes so far, now at Resistance (14x03) Really like your style of writing hope to finish everything soon.

ps
      why dont you post your episodes on fanfiction? It a bit easier to read then scrolling through dozens of pages for every episode

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm a new guy on this forum. I have discovered this fan fiction three days ago and i have just one stupid question : Why there is no dialogs ???

thank you
        Sorry if my english language is bad ,it's beacause i'm a french

sigpic

Comment

I love it! Stargate should never die, even if it only continues in theory! Haven't read any of it yet, but looking forward to it. Ever consider contacting TPTB about writing for the novels?

Comment

Originally posted by reaching View Post
            Great episodes so far, now at Resistance (14x03) Really like your style of writing hope to finish everything soon.

ps
            why dont you post your episodes on fanfiction? It a bit easier to read then scrolling through dozens of pages for every episode
            I don't know, no reason really. I just like doing it on GateWorld, I guess.

Originally posted by RickWesten View Post
            Hi everyone,

I'm a new guy on this forum. I have discovered this fan fiction three days ago and i have just one stupid question : Why there is no dialogs ???

thank you
            It's just not how I chose to write the episodes. I didn't want to do script stuff; tried it once, pain in the butt. Plus I looked at Horizon and saw the constant delays and breaks and now its cancellation and decided I didn't want that. Writing them out as summaries allows me to do quick and detailed stories that I can really get into but don't take weeks to finish and polish.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 May 2013, 07:52 AM. Reason: Requoted name changed.:)
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

true. our minds fill the gaps like no dialogue can ever do. which is why S09 is such a brilliant writer. he does it in an awesome way

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                true. our minds fill the gaps like no dialogue can ever do. which is why S09 is such a brilliant writer. he does it in an awesome way
                True, the reader can imagine, O'Neills face with Teal'c risen eyebrown, the smirk smile in Landry's face, Jackson face when he askes something, all of it is possible through the readers mind
                sigpic
                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

yes but not everyone can do summary style and get it right.

Comment

Alright, thank for the explanations.
                    So, in fact the episodes are like synopsis, they are long summary ( is that the good word ? ) .

Now i have to read all the episodes of this fantastic fan fiction
                    Last edited by RickWesten; 24 May 2011, 07:41 AM.
                    Sorry if my english language is bad ,it's beacause i'm a french

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RickWesten View Post
                      Alright, thank for the explanations.
                      So, in fact the episodes are like synopsis, they are long summary ( is that the good word ? ) .

Now i have to read all the episodes of this fantastic fan fiction
                      Yes, they're intended to be like a very detailed synopsis.

And just go easy on the early couple seasons of SG-1... they weren't really intended to be a part of this project, it was more something I did really quick in another thread and then ported over to here to kickstart my fanfic. I'm going back and rewriting them now.
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 May 2013, 07:52 AM.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        yes but not everyone can do summary style and get it right.
                        True, but it can also be harder for the reader, if the person is somehow unfamiliar with the series/character since this kind of writing sometime doesn't stand on previous stabilish characteristic of the character. I couldn't imagine Horizon being succesful in this kind of writing since they are all new characters. But as you said, s09119 is a wonderful writer and he can put those shorts comings aside and work on character "new" "characteristic". EX: Eaton, Talbot.
                        sigpic

Comment

yes. that's what S09 does best. even the original characters are summarized (although i think it's a bit too detailled for summaries) in a way that portrays their emotions. and it's consistent enough that two different people can have two very different images of a Talbot or an Eaton and they can still coexist

Comment

So, fun fact: updated the banner set for CSG today! Unfortunately, the SG-1 banner keeps showing up as larger than the other two on my screen... how odd, they're all exactly the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              So, fun fact: updated the banner set for CSG today! Unfortunately, the SG-1 banner keeps showing up as larger than the other two on my screen... how odd, they're all exactly the same size.
                              They are fine, all of the same size for me. Using Firefox 4.0.1.
                              sigpic

Comment

Same size with Google Chrome.

Comment

Working...
                                X