No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i personally didn't really care for it. for me, it was too much of a typical "solve the puzzles to get through" episode.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      I resent the implication that Tron in any way influenced the writing of this episode

Truth be told, it was more me playing Uncharted 2: Among Thieves haha.
      But the digitization is almost identical to what happens in Tron.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      i personally didn't really care for it. for me, it was too much of a typical "solve the puzzles to get through" episode.
      I'm with Killman here, it was very shallow... and with some weird plot devices, the whole virtual reality puzzles to escape? Who does that? Wouldn't it be simpler to just put a password on it ans if you don't get it you get deleted?

Comment

It's made by a Goa'uld. They are the definition of the shallow-with-weird-plot-devices race.
        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
          It's made by a Goa'uld. They are the definition of the shallow-with-weird-plot-devices race.
          That's what I was thinking. For the Ancients, it'd just be a complex code and that's that. But the Goa'uld and their vanity... why wouldn't they create something where they can torment whoever's trying to steal their secrets more personally?

Either way, I had fun writing it. Oh, and I'm seeing more in common with "Thor's Hammer" than Tron
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Maybe Osiris had Asgard-envy.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
              Maybe Osiris had Asgard-envy.
              Who wouldn't? You saw in "Revelations" how smugly she looked when she outsmarted Thor. She had serious inferiority issues with them...

Also, I just noticed your location is "Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, etc..." and I do that with people all the time... only I usually do it in reverse.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Who wouldn't? You saw in "Revelations" how smugly she looked when she outsmarted Thor. She had serious inferiority issues with them...

Also, I just noticed your location is "Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, etc..." and I do that with people all the time... only I usually do it in reverse.
                Well you all may be very specific with your own locations; but I bet none of you are saving private Ryan MONEY! on his car insurance

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Glad you like it. I was actually going to go all the way up to "The Universe", but sadly there's a character limit.
                  sigpic

Comment

Damn those slugs with god complexes...
                    sigpic

Comment

good solid episode. nice for character development.
                      Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                      sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

"GateWorld": Your Guide to Stargate!
                        You want a preview? Consider this episode just your neighborhood fanfic writer having fun with an episode concept based around the name of our favorite fan-site

"GateWorld" will not feature any notable guest stars.

Comment

"GateWorld": Your Guide to Stargate!
                          You want a preview? Consider this episode just your neighborhood fanfic writer having fun with an episode concept based around the name of our favorite fan-site

"GateWorld" will not feature any notable guest stars.
                          Ssssooooo.....it involves a...World full of Gates?

.... .....

*goes to get coat*
                          [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                            Ssssooooo.....it involves a...World full of Gates?

.... .....

*goes to get coat*
                            IIRC, it has to do with star trek style gladiatorial combat using stargates as an amusement ride!
                            Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                            Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Planet where they make stargates

i rule startegic games

Comment

Does it involve stargate?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Working...
                                X