Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG-18 View Post
    Well, I'm just going to advertise this here, and only once, so if its inappropriate, feel free to delete or have me edit it.

I used to work on a stargate fanfic which has since fallen by the wayside, and I made the music (original score and such) for it. the music can be found here on my icompositions.com webspage:

http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/

the stargate inspired tracks are:

01 Desire (Theme of Olympus)
    02 Hymn of the Ancestors
    03 Athena's Theme
    04 Lt. Sara Mandel's Theme
    05 Retreat
    06 Truth
    07 Jacarda
    08 Dr. Alex Schrappen's Theme
    09 Sanskrit
    10 Irina's Theme
    11 Tigris
    12 Remembrance
    13 Ode to Earth
    14 Imperium Theme
    15 Col. Nick Thomas' Theme
    16 Incursion (Space Battle Theme)
    17 K'Hoas Theme (Villains)

so if you ahven't rad through the stargate fancfic yet, that is here:

http://www.freewebs.com/stargateolympus/index.htm

listen to the tracks for both my tack on stargate music and to flesh out the fanfic.

thanks!
    It's always awesome when a VS gets a soundtrack. I'm inspired to go read the episodes over.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post

NOTES:
      [SIZE="1"]-
      - The Lantean invention known as "the wormhole drive" does not exist. Period. Ever. It was never seen onscreen, and in "Enemy at the Gate," Atlantis traveled from Pegasus to the Milky Way in a matter of days, arriving just a few hours after the Wraith hive ship
      Wait days! how manny ZPMs where there on the city
      Pegacus-Earth is 300 million light years away
      and atlantis' hyperspace engin goes at 100 million light years an hour.
      So how do you get days.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
        So how do you get days.
        Uhh...

Hey look a distraction! *Points at random object, then flees*
        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

So how do you get days.
          where did you get the speed for Atlantis?

If that is true then they could travel to destiny with atlantis 7billion~ light years away in about 70 hours give or take a couple hours if they are like 7.2 billion or something.

Comment

ATLANTIS IS 3 MILLION light years away from EARTH! Not 300 million! Well, it WAS. Now it's on earth. For all I know.
            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
              ATLANTIS IS 3 MILLION light years away from EARTH! Not 300 million! Well, it WAS. Now it's on earth. For all I know.
              Calm down, take a chill pill (they are legal )

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

That is what I thought too. I was thinking 300million was too big, because i remember reading that the actual galaxy was 3million.
                So if we take into effect the hyper drive acutally goes 1million an hour it would take 292~ days in order to get to destiny more if destiny is like 7.3billion light years away.

Comment

Yes, well, chill pill... That depends on what you mean by 'chill pill' Well, I don't know if this has been brought up, but atlantis, or what ever else similar, were to travel to Destiny, then they could just simply have ONE ZPM. Is it the same fact there, as it is with the shields? As long as there's power, it doesn't matter how many ZPMs you have avalible? Or am I ****ing things up here?
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, well, chill pill... That depends on what you mean by 'chill pill' Well, I don't know if this has been brought up, but atlantis, or what ever else similar, were to travel to Destiny, then they could just simply have ONE ZPM. Is it the same fact there, as it is with the shields? As long as there's power, it doesn't matter how many ZPMs you have avalible? Or am I ****ing things up here?
                    Tell me if I am wrong here, but haven't they always complained in Atlantis that one zpm isn't enough to do stuff? Err I think I am wrong... Okay what if to run the hyperdrive constant traveling 7billion light years for almost 300 days would burn through the zpms. Like one can only go 1billion light years or something... Like the power requirements to operate the advanced hyper-drive constantly and distance wise would just use up the zpm's power. They wouldn't have any backup zpms to "refill the gas."

Also I believe I read on http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/ He said it would require many zpms to connect just a gate to destiny.
                    Last edited by Alpha Omega Protocol; 26 July 2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Well.. ah... I know. One ZPM perhaps isn't enough.
                      sigpic

Comment

They've never actually quantified exactly how much energy is in a ZPM/.If a detonating one can take out a solar system according to Carter, i think a small M class star or maybe a litle less sounds about right.
                        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

above 10^33 joules.

but the output is limited, so it doesn't really matter.

Comment

So how do you get days.
                            Because the story/writer REQUIRES days. And whatever the story/writer requires, simply is.

BTW, Alpha, when you said it'd take " many zpms to connect just a gate to destiny." This image of the technicans stacking LOADS of ZPMs one on top of each other, building a small tower of them to "connect" to Destiny.
                            [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

"your mileage may vary" is the only correct answer to that.

however i doubt retrofitting 302's with Nukes took, say, 3 hours. "that might take some doing" implies that it takes at least a day. also it's not a matter of fitting 1 nuke but dozens. you can clearly see that only a few engineers are working on a few 302's with a few nukes at a time.

so "days" before atlantis reaches the MW. although it's closer to 1 day than 1 week

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                                Because the story/writer REQUIRES days. And whatever the story/writer requires, simply is.

BTW, Alpha, when you said it'd take " many zpms to connect just a gate to destiny." This image of the technicans stacking LOADS of ZPMs one on top of each other, building a small tower of them to "connect" to Destiny.
                                LOL! That would be hilarious to see. A small tower of them would probably be enough to power our whole planet!
                                Last edited by Alpha Omega Protocol; 27 July 2010, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X