Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesPeterson View Post
    I took a look, but I don't see anything wrong with the code that should be causing it to warp like that. That said, I'm not an expert on wikias.
    It's just annoying the heck out of me, to the point where I take two hours I could have used on my paper to try and fix it. Probably more my OCD's fault than anything else, though xD
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      It's just annoying the heck out of me, to the point where I take two hours I could have used on my paper to try and fix it. Probably more my OCD's fault than anything else, though xD
      i can take a look, link to a specific page?
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
        i can take a look, link to a specific page?
        Sure. Here's the Infobox page itself.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          Sure. Here's the Infobox page itself.
          Just looked at the source code, doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Then again for some reaons i get similar issues on my own wiki with quotes It could just be the Wiki being annoying, but from teh test page i previewed. it came out fine. It's basiclaly just a normal infobox with custom titles and such.
          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
            Just looked at the source code, doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Then again for some reaons i get similar issues on my own wiki with quotes It could just be the Wiki being annoying, but from teh test page i previewed. it came out fine. It's basiclaly just a normal infobox with custom titles and such.
            The problem is that it warps the infobox, like this. I think the issue is that the parameters are off, but they looked correct when I was going over it, so I'm not sure.

Comment

i don't know why it's warping but by adding break lines in the box can be shrunk to a normal size. it's just a bit more annoying.

like so
              Last edited by Dodgified; 08 April 2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPeterson View Post
                The problem is that it warps the infobox, like this. I think the issue is that the parameters are off, but they looked correct when I was going over it, so I'm not sure.
                I manually inputted the width anyway i guess i never saw teh problem since i'm used to just manually doing that

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
                  How about my theory?
                  Military leadership. no more of these "Many Lice"...
                  (Taking latin and species of tic into account)
                  yup; poli (poly) means "many"
                  tics means "bloodsucking insect"

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  Spaceforce is a more accurate term than spacefleet. in reality it would be closer to airforce than navy
                  how so? sizewise?
                  If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                  [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

because stuff flies. space isn't an ocean

Comment

because stuff flies. space isn't an ocean
                      But space does have similarities to the ocean. When you think about it space really is just a vast Ocean (only one that will kill you even quicker)

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

except that battle on the ocean is pretty much 2d, space is 3d, naval warfare doesn't work, while air is 3d and works closer to space than navy

Comment

True, but bot a space force and a navy have to be self suffient. They have to take with them everything they need (food, wather ect.). Also the general tactics involved would be very similar.

I draw your attention to this website:
                          http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/...l-Tactics.html

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

that's starwars and startrek.

atomic rocket has an entire page dedicated to Space is Not An Ocean, just as TV Tropes. and those are about realistic warfare.

no, space isn't an ocean. and SG is a big violator of that, one moment doing naval-like tactics and the other moment turning like an aircraft.

Comment

http://www.rocketpunk-observatory.co...#space_warfare
                              http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3z.html

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...SpaceIsAnOcean
                              Last edited by thekillman; 09 April 2010, 08:35 AM.

Comment

except that battle on the ocean is pretty much 2d
                                Except for all those submarines and airplanes wandering about.

Comment

Working...
                                X