Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
    Wow, this yellow background is crazy bad looking lol. Hopefully it's only for April Fools/Easter.

I think s09 may have gotten another paper too haha. Said he was gonna get a new episode out last weekend, but no dice. Ah well, take your time s09. No rush.
    Yeah, sorry, paper on the economy of Nepal... I apologize =/
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
      Just to be annoying, that's not logically true.

If you didn't vote, then you had no part in electing the person up there, if you had no part in putting them up there, then logically speaking you can complain.

If you DID vote to put that person up there, then it IS your fault and you have no right to complain

(Yes i'm paraphrasing George Carlin but the man was a genius!)
      interestin rebuttal here; someone told me he thought the former a weak argument; I thought exactly of the latter as the precise appropriate rebuttal.

Think bottom line is that whether or not u voted, the fact remains that the highest US elected leader may be doin such a terrible job n needes to change, n whetehr u voted ofr him or against him or not doesn't change that fact . This is possibly a no-win scenario.
      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        That's really the point of it. If you didn't go out and vote, you made no effort to change how things are happening, and therefore you complaining about how things are is something that comes across as hollow. In the end, I think how many people in the West don't bother to vote is appalling, especially when you look at the developing world. Countries just seeing democratization now have people risk their lives to have their say, and I think those of us used to having the right need to reevaluate why they seem so much more committed to democracy than we seem to be.
        well-said; an apallingly ironic fact
        voting fr the pres in the U.S. isn't just every citizen's constiutionally- write right but also every citizen's significant privelage they should utilise

btw here are 2 interestin scenarios fr why people don't vote:
        --they really think all politicians running for elections are major promise-breakers who they can't ensure will determinedly enough try to achieve their policy promises
        --some people have dual citizenship n r split 50-50 bout the candidates b/c 1 benefits 1 cit. country but harms the other n vice-versa
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
          However, people can only choose between two candidates. Personally, I don't vote because I've made an oath not to vote until I can vote for someone with the strength to control the bureaucrats, but still, I prefer having a few more choices. Besides, contrary to popular belief, it's not really the voters who are the power in a democracy (a president-candidate can lie/not keep his promises and four years later the masses will have forgotten that), but the bureaucrats.
          some will argue that in parliamentary-style democracies, where MANY parties exist, many parties r too small to win individually, so the 2 largest parties effectively win

Comment

Question, I'm surprise Carter is not a General?

Comment

At this point, her rank isn't that important. She's in charge of Earth's fleet, right?

Fleet Admiral Carter sounds good to me.

Comment

fleet admiral sounds way better than just general. To be honest, at this point, earth would create a new branch of the military, being the Space Fleets, and the ranks would be a bit different, since they would be multinational and not based on just the air force.
                Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by SG-18 View Post
                  fleet admiral sounds way better than just general. To be honest, at this point, earth would create a new branch of the military, being the Space Fleets, and the ranks would be a bit different, since they would be multinational and not based on just the air force.
                  I'm thinking we should just call it Starfleet and name the first new ship Enterprise. Jack would be so proud.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

As a side note, has anyone figured out to fix infoboxes on wikias yet? The technology one for the Continuing Stargate one is still out of whack and I've spent far too many hours trying to make it right...

Comment

Spaceforce is a more accurate term than spacefleet. in reality it would be closer to airforce than navy

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        Spaceforce is a more accurate term than spacefleet. in reality it would be closer to airforce than navy
                        But Starfleet sounds so much cooler!

Comment

*vomit*

seriously. never give Oneill what he wants

Comment

But Starfleet sounds so much cooler!
                            I'm with S09 on this. StarFleet sounds sooo much cooler.

Space Fleet or Space Force sounds like thoes old 50s sci-fi B-series
                            Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                            Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                              I'm with S09 on this. StarFleet sounds sooo much cooler.

Space Fleet or Space Force sounds like thoes old 50s sci-fi B-series
                              lol, yeah thats so 1950s.

Starfleet is much better.

Comment

As a side note, has anyone figured out to fix infoboxes on wikias yet? The technology one for the Continuing Stargate one is still out of whack and I've spent far too many hours trying to make it right...
                                I took a look, but I don't see anything wrong with the code that should be causing it to warp like that. That said, I'm not an expert on wikias.

Comment

Working...
                                X