No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And bring on the alien espionage. Always a good time.

Comment

The new eps are good, i agree with most of the aforementioned writings about filler episodes, but I think at this point its merited, to be honest, there are only so many bad guys SG-1 can take on at a time before it becomes unrealistic.

The new ep sounds like Babylon 5, which I know s09 likes. cool!
      Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
      sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by SG-18 View Post
        The new eps are good, i agree with most of the aforementioned writings about filler episodes, but I think at this point its merited, to be honest, there are only so many bad guys SG-1 can take on at a time before it becomes unrealistic.
        Well they are all a tad filler, and the only real arc for S16 is "mopping up the bad guys." But then, this is the end of an era. There are no more alien races coming out of nowhere to destroy the galaxy, and once the Aschen are contained, it looks like the Milky Way is going to be a peaceful and prosperous place. I just need the rest of the season to get it there.

The new ep sounds like Babylon 5, which I know s09 likes. cool!
        I have an unhealthy obsession with B5, which I'm not afraid to admit heavily influences my writing. That's why I planned the Der'kal arc out from the get-go, so there would be all these moments where you realize how everything fits together. Plus I'm a sucker for politics, being a Poli-Sci major. I relate more closely with the Weir/Daniel/Talbot archetype than anyone else.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          I have an unhealthy obsession with B5
          There's no such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
            There's no such thing.

is that show any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Laertes View Post
              is that show any good?
              It's a similar mix in comedy/drama/action/adventure to SG1 except it's a little harder to relate to teh events going on. It's a "harder" sci-fi.

It's also a little harder to follow given that it's a serialized show, the first season is a little bleh, but once you get into season 2, it's much more entertaining rhe side characters and their stories are LEGENDARY.

Londo: Tell me, Vir. How many gods are there in the Centauri pantheon?

Vir: 49... no wait! 50!

Londo: Yes.. and how many do you think i've angered to get in this problem?

Vir:... All of them?

Londo: Sounds about right...

It's also a completely planned series, so events in Season 1 have affect on events even until season 3-4.

I can see where S09's gotten inspiration, i wholeheartedly admit teh same in my own writing.
              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Sounds great! And the chinese lost their ship building planet when the Der'kal followed the Mao Zedong back and attacked..
                sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                  There's no such thing.

Finally found Thirdspace a few days ago, nothing these days really has the sort of depth B5 had.

Say, s09, I'm curious, do you type the episodes straight on the computer, or do you write them out on paper first?

Comment

Very good episodes to this point. I loved the grenade thing in the last episode- ingenious idea, even if you did steal it from another series.

Can't wait for the next one.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post

Finally found Thirdspace a few days ago, nothing these days really has the sort of depth B5 had.

Say, s09, I'm curious, do you type the episodes straight on the computer, or do you write them out on paper first?
                      Type them out on the computer. Doing it the other way would be agonizingly slow, in my opinion, so I just write em up on notepad and then copy them into the forum where my browser's spellcheck makes sure I didn't mistype anything.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        Type them out on the computer. Doing it the other way would be agonizingly slow, in my opinion, so I just write em up on notepad and then copy them into the forum where my browser's spellcheck makes sure I didn't mistype anything.
                        That's what i do to..... but a Q how much planning do you put in before hand? Cause form the quality of your eps compared to mine you must put in yonks of hours in. Unless you've been gifted with the genius of....well a genius.

Now random topic but has anyone seen Michael McIntyre at Wembly? The most recent one?
                        sigpic

Comment

Just out of curiosity, will any of the remaining esp. deal with what happen to Jack clone? Given his knowledge did he survive the occupation?

Keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Claw View Post
                            Just out of curiosity, will any of the remaining esp. deal with what happen to Jack clone? Given his knowledge did he survive the occupation?

Keep up the good work
                            Now that's a question that I've been wondering too.. But I don't think he survived though..
                            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                              Now that's a question that I've been wondering too.. But I don't think he survived though..
                              Who knows? It's possible he survived, and fairly likely considering he wasn't living in a major city, but I'm not going to explore it. The only plotline I think would make sense would Sam going to look for remnants of Jack... and that's just a little too creepy for my taste.

Comment

Who knows? It's possible he survived, and fairly likely considering he wasn't living in a major city, but I'm not going to explore it. The only plotline I think would make sense would Sam going to look for remnants of Jack... and that's just a little too creepy for my taste.
                                possibile creepy, though I could think of a couple of scenarios were the SGC needs some information from Jacks life prior to being cloned so they send one of the team off to find him or he signs back up with the miltary so 'bumps' in them during training/assigned to a SG team.

Comment

Working...
                                X