Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    there are dozens of arcs this seasons, all of which more or less come to a halt. from Pandoras box to jason to Janus, etc etc etc.
    Mmmhmm, lots of things to wrap up in only 20 episodes while still adding some new stuff and laying the groundwork for the future. And speaking of the future...

...nah, nevermind.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      Mmmhmm, lots of things to wrap up in only 20 episodes while still adding some new stuff and laying the groundwork for the future. And speaking of the future...

...nah, nevermind.
      While I normally hate when people tease future projects, I have to admit I'm interested in whatever you're planning for Atlantis. Or were you talking about after that, even?

Comment

The only thing I don't really like about this continuation is that the character development hasn't been as strong lately. Or rather, the character behavior part of it, but it could be due to the restrictions of the format.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          The only thing I don't really like about this continuation is that the character development hasn't been as strong lately. Or rather, the character behavior part of it, but it could be due to the restrictions of the format.
          If you're criticizing how the characters are acting and how it may go against what we're used to, there is a reason for that: Mitchell spent a year being tortured, Sam became a rather cold and impersonal officer after the Fall of Earth, Daniel largely lost faith in humanity for a while... etc., etc. The war against the Der'kal profoundly changed people, and if they're not quite the people they used to be, that's intentional.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

i think that "the only thing" should be taken as a compliment.

mmm.

would be nice to see Jason Carter visit a shrink or so to deal with the torture, subsequent ascension and descension.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              i think that "the only thing" should be taken as a compliment.
              Oh, definitely. I'm just explaining the rationale behind it.

would be nice to see Jason Carter visit a shrink or so to deal with the torture, subsequent ascension and descension.
              I think everyone who works in the Stargate Program needs to see a psychiatrist at least once a week... seeing the things they do on a daily basis can't be good for your psyche.

Comment

whats earths fleet strength at the moment cause they've had lots of time to build more ships

i rule startegic games

Comment

I don't think they've started building new ships yet, or at least not many. Everytime they've mentioned a ship so far it's been one that "survived" the whole ordeal of the fall of Earth.

Comment

they had the facilites at the two 305 conscruction facilites and other off world conscruction facilites

i rule startegic games

Comment

Originally posted by shadez2 View Post
                      they had the facilites at the two 305 conscruction facilites and other off world conscruction facilites
                      I believe the Jupiter was built on Nueva, which the Der'kal wiped clean if i recall correctly. And the Chinese 305, well, I don't think the Chinese survivors told Carter or the others where they built it. And since Earth was in enemy hands for a good year and a half, I doubt any of the shipyards they used were just left sitting there ready for use. My guess is they were converted to produce munitions for the bad guys or simply dismantled for raw materials. You'd have to ask s09 to a definitive answer, though.

Comment

If you're criticizing how the characters are acting and how it may go against what we're used to, there is a reason for that: Mitchell spent a year being tortured, Sam became a rather cold and impersonal officer after the Fall of Earth, Daniel largely lost faith in humanity for a while... etc., etc. The war against the Der'kal profoundly changed people, and if they're not quite the people they used to be, that's intentional.
                        Not what I meant. They just come across as a bit too impersonal, but again, could be becuase of the lack of dialogue and the condensed format.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                          Not what I meant. They just come across as a bit too impersonal, but again, could be becuase of the lack of dialogue and the condensed format.
                          I'd say just because I write in plot summary format, so the biggest thing is getting across the major events and plot developments. I do what I can to make character development as fluid as possible, but it's unfortunately never going to be as good as in a more prose- or script-based system. Essentially, I'm sacrificing depth of characterization for speed of writing, but on the upside, most of the characters already have their basic personalities established by the show.

Comment

I'd say just because I write in plot summary format, so the biggest thing is getting across the major events and plot developments. I do what I can to make character development as fluid as possible, but it's unfortunately never going to be as good as in a more prose- or script-based system. Essentially, I'm sacrificing depth of characterization for speed of writing, but on the upside, most of the characters already have their basic personalities established by the show.
                            I suppose the fact that there characters were establised in the series helps. When I read it, i can just imagine the look on Daniels face, or what Cam is saying. The plot summary format does more for the imagination, as you can actually picture what is happening

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

SG-1 investigates a crisis of "Convictions"
                              Ever since the Alliance of Great Races re-emerged at the end of the Ori's crusade, there have been those who wished to see the organization take on the role of a true interstellar government. They have largely been sidelined as issues of sovereignty and distrust between members often got in the way, but now the clamor for greater order and protection is growing louder, especially now that it is championed by ISGC commander Danielle Talbot. Not everyone is as enthusiastic as she is, however, and when several prominent opponents of her proposed reforms are found dead across the galaxy, some even suspect that she may have had a hand in the deaths. Whatever the case, she enlists the help of SG-1 in getting to the truth of the assassinations before the rest of her political adversaries meet the same gruesome fate. They agree to do so, but not without warning her that she's not quite above suspicion yet herself.

"Convictions" will guest star (guest star list TBA).

Comment

cool, cant wait!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X