No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On your future map, is Earth overrun or is it just englobed?

Has it been conquered or is it just barely hanging in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
      On your future map, is Earth overrun or is it just englobed?

Has it been conquered or is it just barely hanging in there?
      Anything completely surrounded (the planet and name are scrunched as tightly to the blue as possible) has been conquered. Earth fell to the Der'kal in the future, same as Dakara.

As for the comment about Heliopolis... consider its location retconned for my sake. Everything in the show seems to be near Earth, so let's let this one slide.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        Anything completely surrounded (the planet and name are scrunched as tightly to the blue as possible) has been conquered. Earth fell to the Der'kal in the future, same as Dakara.

As for the comment about Heliopolis... consider its location retconned for my sake. Everything in the show seems to be near Earth, so let's let this one slide.
        yeh, im suprised i even noticed it

i must have missed the Jonas thing, also when will this ep be out, i cant wait

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
        Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          I'll let you in on a little secret. Before each season premiere, I come up with a rough outline for the seasonal arc. So far, it's looked pretty much like this:

Season 11: Have Earth/Jaffa take the fight back to the Ori, feature the Ori laying siege to Earth, lay the groundwork for the formation of the Alliance, end the Ori arc.

Season 12: Showcase the founding of the Alliance, return focus to Tok'ra and Nox, introduce Zanous Garrin and the rogue Lucian Alliance, prepare the galaxy for the Der'kal invasion.

Season 13: Begin the alien incursion, show the downfall of the Hebridanians and the splintering of the Alliance, examine isolationist feeling on Earth, indtroduce Pandora's Box.

cheers that helped alot
          Season 14: Continue the search for Pandora's Box/other weapons capable of fighting the enemy, greatly increase the Der'kal's invasion plans, explore the final days of the Furlings, develop many recurring characters (Vur'naa, Jason Carter, etc.).

The next phase is the actual episode making. After I get a set plan for a season, the next part is deciding what half (or quarter) of the season the individual plots will take place in. Originally, for example, Danielle Talbot was going to be introduced in "Rogues, Part 1" as part of the UN's takeover of the ISGC, but I felt this made her seem too hostile, so I had her moved back to "Shatterpoint" and made less antagonistic.

Usually, I actually pick an episode name and basic idea before I develop the stories I want, then I work on fleshing out those vague descriptions I have in mind. A perfect example of that is "The Time Traveler," which I've been planning since early Season 12 (I always wanted a timeline episode!).

But where do the ideas themselves come from? Sometimes other sci-fi mediums, as was the case with "Duo" (from Atlantis's "Trio"), and "Requiem, Part 1" (the original concept of the Alliance was going to be much more Babylon 5-ish, complete with space station in nuetral territory). But most of the time they're just ideas I came up with... or at least think I came up with (as you know, there is no more original thought haha), like with "A Family Affair" (I desperately wanted to introduce a character that would be an example of Samantha Carter were she not so altruistic and noble, and more of a renegade or rule-breaker).

That about cover it?
          cheers that helped alot

Comment

So heres a question

How many SG teams are there now?

I know b season 10 it was in the high twenties if not thirties....
            [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo214 View Post
              So heres a question

How many SG teams are there now?

I know b season 10 it was in the high twenties if not thirties....
              Prior to "Cold War," there were thirty-two SG teams in active rotation... but considering four of them were killed offworld when the Der'kal captured SG-1, there are now only twenty-eight working out of Cheyenne Mountain, with an additional two at the Alpha Site, one on Nueva, and then all the Atlantis teams.

Also... here's a little Season 14 tidbit:

Season 14 Stargate SG-1 Cast List:

Main Cast:
              Amanda Tapping as Col. Samantha Carter
              Ben Browder as Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell
              Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran
              with
              Reiko Aylesworth as Dr. Danielle Talbot
              and
              Michael Shanks as Dr. Daniel Jackson

Supporting Cast:
              Richard Dean Anderson as General Jack O'Neill
              Christopher Judge as Teal'c
              Corin Nemec as Jonas Quinn
              Tony Amendola as Bra'tac
              Lexa Doig as Dr. Caroline Lam
              ____ _______ as Admiral Kitel
              _______ ____ as Vur'naa
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

David Wetherby as Admiral Kitel
                sigpic
                The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Just out of curiousity, is SG-1 gonna come across any amazing ancient technology? lol cuz on the show they always ended up finding ancient tech but it seems like u dont like the ancients cuz its like the easy way out kinda (merlins device),

* i dont mean like somehting huge such as pandora's box, i mean just something little such as a log of incidents with the derkal or maybe somekind of ancient research that doesnt really help the fight against the derkal immediately, but somehting that could lead to something developed on earth that could combat the derkal more effectively like medical research for a biological weapon to incapacitate the derkal or kill them (kind of like the Aschen tried to do to earth but on a different scale dirrected to the derkal)
                  sigpic

A Cast Worth Remembering...

My Little Fanfic: Furling Expedition

Comment

any idear went the next episode is out

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedgex23 View Post
                      Just out of curiousity, is SG-1 gonna come across any amazing ancient technology? lol cuz on the show they always ended up finding ancient tech but it seems like u dont like the ancients cuz its like the easy way out kinda (merlins device),

* i dont mean like somehting huge such as pandora's box, i mean just something little such as a log of incidents with the derkal or maybe somekind of ancient research that doesnt really help the fight against the derkal immediately, but somehting that could lead to something developed on earth that could combat the derkal more effectively like medical research for a biological weapon to incapacitate the derkal or kill them (kind of like the Aschen tried to do to earth but on a different scale dirrected to the derkal)
                      The Ancients have had the limelight for quite some time now; my continuation is more about the lost story of the Furlings, and shedding light on their mysteries. Technology from the Ancients may be shown from time to time, but for the most part it will stay in Atlantis.

Originally posted by Jaffa Teal'c View Post
                      any idear went the next episode is out
                      Not quite sure yet. I'm not anywhere near home right now (actually in Rhode Island attending a graduation ceremony for my cousin) and won't be back until Monday. But at the moment... aiming for Wednesday/Thursday.

Comment

Just took one look at the map, and...... AAGGHHHH!

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                          Just took one look at the map, and...... AAGGHHHH!
                          Yes, that's exactly what I was hoping fo

Comment

this ep is gonna be great, the wait is killing me

and what about Paul Walker as Kital

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

how about Will Smith as Kitel?

Always plays a great hero (and coincidentaly my favorite actor)
                              sigpic

A Cast Worth Remembering...

My Little Fanfic: Furling Expedition

Comment

Although I'd love to have a Horizon-style list of recurring characters and the actors who play them (personally I always picture Vur'naa as a more ruthless version of G'Kar from Babylon 5, for instance), I'd rather leave it up to you to imagine who's doing the acting. It's like the monster in monster movies... it's always better before you see it, when you let your imagination do the work.

And I'm sorry if the wait is killing people, but I am aiming for a massacre by season's end...

Comment

Working...
                                X