No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great ep, and are we going to meet those aliens who made the device???

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

How far in the future is the picture from Time Traveler?
      [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo214 View Post
        How far in the future is the picture from Time Traveler?
        He'll be coming from roughly 5 years in the future. And before anyone says, "only that much in 5 years!?" you have to remember that most of what the Der'kal have conquered upto now is lightly defended human or Jaffa planets. In "The Time Traveler," you can see they've managed to push extremely deep into the Jaffa Nation, splitting it in two, and have decimated the Tau'ri. That, of course, takes time and is an achievement in itself.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

when will the next episode be out
          Last edited by Jaffa Teal'c; 28 May 2008, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I cant wait for the next episode and What is Neuva?
            sigpic
            The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
              I cant wait for the next episode and What is Neuva?
              Nueva is Earth's first civilian colony, established in Season 12's "Manifest Destiny." It was founded by Spanish-speaking scientists, hence its name (which means "new," for "New Earth").
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

how do u keep comin up with new ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffa Teal'c View Post
                  how do u keep comin up with new ideas
                  I'll let you in on a little secret. Before each season premiere, I come up with a rough outline for the seasonal arc. So far, it's looked pretty much like this:

Season 11: Have Earth/Jaffa take the fight back to the Ori, feature the Ori laying siege to Earth, lay the groundwork for the formation of the Alliance, end the Ori arc.

Season 12: Showcase the founding of the Alliance, return focus to Tok'ra and Nox, introduce Zanous Garrin and the rogue Lucian Alliance, prepare the galaxy for the Der'kal invasion.

Season 13: Begin the alien incursion, show the downfall of the Hebridanians and the splintering of the Alliance, examine isolationist feeling on Earth, indtroduce Pandora's Box.

Season 14: Continue the search for Pandora's Box/other weapons capable of fighting the enemy, greatly increase the Der'kal's invasion plans, explore the final days of the Furlings, develop many recurring characters (Vur'naa, Jason Carter, etc.).

The next phase is the actual episode making. After I get a set plan for a season, the next part is deciding what half (or quarter) of the season the individual plots will take place in. Originally, for example, Danielle Talbot was going to be introduced in "Rogues, Part 1" as part of the UN's takeover of the ISGC, but I felt this made her seem too hostile, so I had her moved back to "Shatterpoint" and made less antagonistic.

Usually, I actually pick an episode name and basic idea before I develop the stories I want, then I work on fleshing out those vague descriptions I have in mind. A perfect example of that is "The Time Traveler," which I've been planning since early Season 12 (I always wanted a timeline episode!).

But where do the ideas themselves come from? Sometimes other sci-fi mediums, as was the case with "Duo" (from Atlantis's "Trio"), and "Requiem, Part 1" (the original concept of the Alliance was going to be much more Babylon 5-ish, complete with space station in nuetral territory). But most of the time they're just ideas I came up with... or at least think I came up with (as you know, there is no more original thought haha), like with "A Family Affair" (I desperately wanted to introduce a character that would be an example of Samantha Carter were she not so altruistic and noble, and more of a renegade or rule-breaker).

That about cover it?

Comment

Nice episode!
                    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

i just thought of something, on the map Heliopolis is pretty far away from earth. but in that ep of SG1 were we first go to the planet "Torment of Tantelus" they mention that it would have to be very close to Earth for them to dial it without a DHD in 1945, or whenever they did it.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        Spoiler:

As you can see, the galaxy is profoundly different. Want to see more? Tune in for the next episode!
                        Oh man! I sure hope Jonas has some useful info for us. (at least knowing _when_ the bulk of earths forces would be decimated* would be quite helpful).

On the other side. I couldn't help but notice you drew the Asschen homeworld there, all free from Der'kal domination, I really wonder if they're having some peace accord (I really don't think the Asschen would tolerate abominations like the Der'kal to live in the same neighbourhood, they are not only patient, but also xenophobic), or are just managing to give the Der'kal a run for their money (must be though, they have tremendous industrial capacity, a large population, many planets worth of resources, and haven't been chopped of a notch like the Alliance when they lost the Hebridans).

Can't wait for next ep!

* As this would indicate that the Der'kal feel confident enough to take on a fleet of 303/304 + satellites + eventuel development of phase technology ala Merlin's device, which is no small feat at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sector View Post
                          Oh man! I sure hope Jonas has some useful info for us. (at least knowing _when_ the bulk of earths forces would be decimated* would be quite helpful).

On the other side. I couldn't help but notice you drew the Asschen homeworld there, all free from Der'kal domination, I really wonder if they're having some peace accord (I really don't think the Asschen would tolerate abominations like the Der'kal to live in the same neighbourhood, they are not only patient, but also xenophobic), or are just managing to give the Der'kal a run for their money (must be though, they have tremendous industrial capacity, a large population, many planets worth of resources, and haven't been chopped of a notch like the Alliance when they lost the Hebridans).

Can't wait for next ep!

* As this would indicate that the Der'kal feel confident enough to take on a fleet of 303/304 + satellites + eventuel development of phase technology ala Merlin's device, which is no small feat at all.
                          who says its Jonas

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

s09119 does.
                            sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                              s09119 does.
                              when, i must have missed it

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sector View Post

The Der'kal, as you can see, are quite stretched-out in the "Dark Future." Most likely they haven't moved in on the Aschen due to a lack of resources at the moment. Their armada, though impressive, isn't endless, after all.

That said, I'm not ruling out a peace accord...

I refuse to use Merlin's device in the defense of Earth, ever, as it is the ultimate cop-out... besides, who said we still had it when they came for us?

And keep in mind, Der'kal cruisers are at least on par (or close to it) with a Daedalus-class ship or the newly-constructed Jaffa Hak'tyl-class motherships, so it's not as if they're trying to conquer Earth with Season 1 ha'tak or something.

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                                when, i must have missed it
                                I revealed the time traveler was Jonas when I first released details on the episode about a month/month and a half ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X