No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in order to achieve maximum speed, all power of the ship is needed.

however, Odyssey reached the MW in Unending in hours or so. not a lot of time passed. the asgard's speed was never retconned. our drives are not as well-powered and as advanced, and well the misbegotten case, if you want a good explanation i'll give you one.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      in order to achieve maximum speed, all power of the ship is needed.

however, Odyssey reached the MW in Unending in hours or so. not a lot of time passed. the asgard's speed was never retconned. our drives are not as well-powered and as advanced, and well the misbegotten case, if you want a good explanation i'll give you one.
      Well whatever the case in the official canon, I'm stating that, in my opinion, their speed is retconned. Hence why Earth ships still travel at significantly longer speeds than a few seconds in the continuation.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

so any updates......... yup im gunna be that 'guy'
        Captain Simms

Comment

however, Odyssey reached the MW in Unending in hours or so.
          I can't remember them mentioning how long it took them to get back from the Ida Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
            I can't remember them mentioning how long it took them to get back from the Ida Galaxy.
            mitchell mentioned he hated having to be couped up on a ship for a couple days to tealc when they were sparring
            Captain Simms

Comment

on the way back, it was presented like they reached the MW in hours. the planet they mentioned was Milkyway.

Comment

Yes, it seems that way, but it's not presented as fact. For all we know, TPTB could have forgotten to put "Three Weeks Later" on the screen when they had returned to the Milky Way.

mitchell mentioned he hated having to be couped up on a ship for a couple days to tealc when they were sparring
                That was on the trip to the Ida Galaxy.

Comment

on the way back, nobody displays anything like boredom. for example, the way TO ida, people were sparring, throwing parties and the whole. on the way BACK, Carter was constantly at the Core Interface, everyone was still on the bridge, and nobody was displaying boredom. seriously, it all happened in NO TIME.

i read the transcript.

the ship destroys an ori mothership, goes to hyperspace. next scene, they're still talking about the weapons. next they drop out due for some diagnostics, the ori attack. daniel comments they're back in the MW already. on the way TO ida, however, tealc and mitchell were sparring and daniel was halfway through a book. the trip was long enough that vala had to bring something with her to keep her buisy. by that time Vala had already fooled the crew at least twice that someone celebrated their birthday.

so the way TO Ida was quite long, the way back was just moments
                  Last edited by thekillman; 15 January 2010, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Maybe the hyperdrive was upgraded, or went faster because the core was powering it?

Comment

Maybe the hyperdrive was upgraded, or went faster because the core was powering it?
                      That seems to be it.. It would make sense. But on the other hand, it could actuly just be that every body is busy and the producers forgot to put the sign up... But I would belive that it's the thing about the hyperdrive..
                      sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

it got a better hyperdrive. i doubt we ever got the finest shields etc on our 304s except the oddy

Comment

on the way back, nobody displays anything like boredom. for example, the way TO ida, people were sparring, throwing parties and the whole. on the way BACK, Carter was constantly at the Core Interface, everyone was still on the bridge, and nobody was displaying boredom. seriously, it all happened in NO TIME.

i read the transcript.

the ship destroys an ori mothership, goes to hyperspace. next scene, they're still talking about the weapons. next they drop out due for some diagnostics, the ori attack. daniel comments they're back in the MW already. on the way TO ida, however, tealc and mitchell were sparring and daniel was halfway through a book. the trip was long enough that vala had to bring something with her to keep her buisy. by that time Vala had already fooled the crew at least twice that someone celebrated their birthday.

so the way TO Ida was quite long, the way back was just moments
                          Your entire argument is based on the fact that they weren't having wild parties on the way back.... did it occur to you that they'd just seen the Asgard wiped out and were being hunted by the Ori? That kind of puts a damper on things. And besides, TPTB had a lot to get through in 45 minutes, why would they waste time doing another segment on sparring/parties/etc.?
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Aha! I've found the picture in your sig s09, and what are the odds too. Asgard, right?

Comment

Your entire argument is based on the fact that they weren't having wild parties on the way back.... did it occur to you that they'd just seen the Asgard wiped out and were being hunted by the Ori? That kind of puts a damper on things. And besides, TPTB had a lot to get through in 45 minutes, why would they waste time doing another segment on sparring/parties/etc.?
                              Landry says that Carter should do a diagnostic on the weapons, he wants to know how fast they can be reproduced.

now imagine.

*ship is destroyed, Oddy jumps to hyperspace*

*all go to a memorial of the asgards, have a meal, go shower, do some sparring, some mourning.*

"hey, how fast can we reproduce these weapons."

seriously?

more like.

*oddy defeats the ori ship, and jumps to hyperspace.*

*Landry does a quick check, then radios carter*
                              "how fast can we reproduce those weapons."
                              "i dont know sir. wait. the Hyperdrive is spitting out some information that concerns me. we should drop out."
                              "drop out!"
                              *oddy drops out*
                              *ori arrive immediately*
                              "what? how can they follow us? "
                              "WE ARE IN THE MILKY WAY."

seriously, in that scene, SG1 barely MOVED on the bridge.

Comment

Landry says that Carter should do a diagnostic on the weapons, he wants to know how fast they can be reproduced.

now imagine.

*ship is destroyed, Oddy jumps to hyperspace*

*all go to a memorial of the asgards, have a meal, go shower, do some sparring, some mourning.*

"hey, how fast can we reproduce these weapons."

seriously?

more like.

*oddy defeats the ori ship, and jumps to hyperspace.*

*Landry does a quick check, then radios carter*
                                "how fast can we reproduce those weapons."
                                "i dont know sir. wait. the Hyperdrive is spitting out some information that concerns me. we should drop out."
                                "drop out!"
                                *oddy drops out*
                                *ori arrive immediately*
                                "what? how can they follow us? "
                                "WE ARE IN THE MILKY WAY."

seriously, in that scene, SG1 barely MOVED on the bridge.
                                Or they did stuff and came back to the bridge, just happening to be there when they dropped out. It seems much more likely to me than they crossed the galactic gulf in seconds... especially since Ori ships aren't that fast, either. For the Ori they engaged in Ida to have arrived right after them with your argument, their hyperdrives would have had to be upgraded too, since we know they're not that fast from "Flesh and Blood."

Comment

Working...
                                X