No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it'd be Anubis 2.0, essentially? A Goa'uld in a human body ascends, only this time, it would come pre-loaded with Ancient/Ori knowledge. Interesting twist... but there's one thing I never understood; if Adria ascended in the Milky Way, wouldn't she be fair game for the Others to wipe out in an instant. No longer a mortal, on their playing field, don't have to interfere to do it, she represents the greatest threat to them ever...
    Actually, it's more like in the real series. She returns to the Ori Galaxy and takes on the mantle of the Ori. The increasing ferocity of the crusade is due to a number of new Ori Cruisers arriving in the Milky Way. I might, however, introduce a new Prior to replace her as the leader of the crusade, maybe a uber Prior like the Doci.

Comment

i never liked the "adria ascension" thing. she should've died. then AOT would've broken the power of the ori and their defeat would've been more realistic

Comment

I couldn't agree more with you, thekillman
        sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

One of the most important rule of storytelling is that you have to make it more exciting before the climax. Kind of what Tolkien referred to as a ucatastrophy; you bring your heroes an inch from total failure, then turn the tables. So I have to disagree.

Comment

you know how the climax is dealt with? a plot twist. the AOT would be the plot twist. Adria dead would've made it more credible. in fact, since their gods are gone, their effort would only increase. they've lived under false gods for their entire existence. they are deaf to our words. imagine, billions of worshippers stopping at nothing to defeat us, to prove to their gods that they are worthy. hell, God never appeared again after the events in the bible, yet about 30% of the world believes in Him. the Orists would continue following the Ori regardless of the circumstance, regardless of anything. they would be blind, even if we beamed a mountain of evidence in the middle of their village.

they're blind and deaf to us. their faith is unrockable. why Tomin and the Resistance even doubted the ori is beyond my comprehension. probably served as examples to everyone.

besides, how stupid is it that a being sapping power from a few billion worshippers with the ability to wipe people from EXISTANCE can NOT STOP A CHEST FROM FALLING.

seriously. AOT is flawed.

you know what would be climactic? the IOA launches the replicators. which is a success. ships are wiped out with the greatest ease, while SG1, divided over the ship and the planet, race against time to regain control over the Oddy and disable the replicators, and race against time to find and fire the Ark, so billions of lives are spared. the replicators bring the Oddy to a majorly populated world, and fires OUR OWN NUKES at the planet, obliterating millions if not billions. it continues, SG1 is forced to watch their and the asgard's and even the ori's own weapons being used to execute that one programme. obliterate the Ori. imagine, Mitchell at the bridge, shocked and in tears as he can only watch billions die before his eyes, ramming and slamming on consoles in the faint hope that one actually works and the massacre stops. Carter knowing the pressure of time, feeling it, as the Coreroom gets slowly overrun. any Ori ship trying to stop us is easily disposed of, as the Replicators now can pass through their shields. our shields (combined with the ZPM) withstanding their weaponsfire with ease. our weapons built to fight the ori used and abused. all by a menace greater than any race and any power.

the Orists, praying, asking for redemption as they believe the Replicators are a plague unleased upon them by the Ori. a Prior using telekinesis against an ever-increasing number of replicators, suddenly detects his power is useless *because of our prior inhibitors* and then gets overrun. Ori warriors in vain trying to blast the replicators, but poor rate of fire causes them to be overrun, as the replicators increase resistance.

imagine the destruction. and Mitchell, desperate, activates the Self Destruct.

and all ends as Carter finds the replicator de-activation code. the replicators disintegrate.the Ark is fired. billions are brainwashed. and SG1 is tired, injured, and emotionally ripped to shreds, as they saved billions by doing an act of pure evil, robbing one of it's free will, brainwashing billions. as the Ark Of Truth simply brainwashes.

and then it all ends with Marric, alive, in the IOA chamber, getting pats on the back for his good work, and gets a promotion, as SG1 activates the Ark again on a prior in the Milkyway.

and they all wonder, "was this worth it?"

Comment

That makes a heck alot of sence, sir! Green for you.
              sigpic

Comment

So, tomorrow I'll be situated back in the dorms. Hopefully that'll mean lots more free time to get working on episodes, but, as always, school work will come first. If you really can't wait that long, I suggest re-reading the past seasons, the wiki, or checking out a few of the other great fanfics on the forum. In any event, thanks for sticking around this long and here's to getting back to Stargate in 2010!
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Speaking of 2010, does anyone remember the episode? It's funny looking at the differences between the two timelines.

Comment

Hah yeah. And I know that this has been stated before, but in the episode General Hammond died of a heart attack in 2009. In reality, he also died in 2009.... They killed him
                    sigpic

Comment

you know what would be climactic? the IOA launches the replicators. which is a success. ships are wiped out with the greatest ease, while SG1, divided over the ship and the planet, race against time to regain control over the Oddy and disable the replicators, and race against time to find and fire the Ark, so billions of lives are spared. the replicators bring the Oddy to a majorly populated world, and fires OUR OWN NUKES at the planet, obliterating millions if not billions. it continues, SG1 is forced to watch their and the asgard's and even the ori's own weapons being used to execute that one programme. obliterate the Ori. imagine, Mitchell at the bridge, shocked and in tears as he can only watch billions die before his eyes, ramming and slamming on consoles in the faint hope that one actually works and the massacre stops. Carter knowing the pressure of time, feeling it, as the Coreroom gets slowly overrun. any Ori ship trying to stop us is easily disposed of, as the Replicators now can pass through their shields. our shields (combined with the ZPM) withstanding their weaponsfire with ease. our weapons built to fight the ori used and abused. all by a menace greater than any race and any power.

the Orists, praying, asking for redemption as they believe the Replicators are a plague unleased upon them by the Ori. a Prior using telekinesis against an ever-increasing number of replicators, suddenly detects his power is useless *because of our prior inhibitors* and then gets overrun. Ori warriors in vain trying to blast the replicators, but poor rate of fire causes them to be overrun, as the replicators increase resistance.

imagine the destruction. and Mitchell, desperate, activates the Self Destruct.

and all ends as Carter finds the replicator de-activation code. the replicators disintegrate.the Ark is fired. billions are brainwashed. and SG1 is tired, injured, and emotionally ripped to shreds, as they saved billions by doing an act of pure evil, robbing one of it's free will, brainwashing billions. as the Ark Of Truth simply brainwashes.

and then it all ends with Marric, alive, in the IOA chamber, getting pats on the back for his good work, and gets a promotion, as SG1 activates the Ark again on a prior in the Milkyway.

and they all wonder, "was this worth it?"
                      I know what I said about ucatastrophy, but there is such a thing as taking it too far. Seriously, though, they never could have held out against the Replicators for that long. They would have gotten into the core and gained immunity to the self-destruct code.

Comment

except that the Odyssey has the fastest hyperdrive in existence. if the Ori were anywhere near smart, they'd use ascended powers to terraform hundreds of planets. the Oddy can get across the MW in -if we use asgard speeds- minutes to seconds. it could easily destroy hundreds of planets.

also, the Replicators do not need full control. by now, dozens of Ori motherships are taken over.

also, it's slightly exaggaration.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                          I know what I said about ucatastrophy, but there is such a thing as taking it too far. Seriously, though, they never could have held out against the Replicators for that long. They would have gotten into the core and gained immunity to the self-destruct code.
                          I kind of like it, but I've always liked been a proponent of the darker and edgier.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            except that the Odyssey has the fastest hyperdrive in existence. if the Ori were anywhere near smart, they'd use ascended powers to terraform hundreds of planets. the Oddy can get across the MW in -if we use asgard speeds- minutes to seconds. it could easily destroy hundreds of planets.

also, the Replicators do not need full control. by now, dozens of Ori motherships are taken over.

also, it's slightly exaggaration.
                            The speed of Asgard hyperdrives was retconned, though. They can't cross galaxies in less than a good few days, let alone minutes or seconds.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              The speed of Asgard hyperdrives was retconned, though. They can't cross galaxies in less than a good few days, let alone minutes or seconds.
                              At least Earth ships with Asgard hyperdrives can't.

(Haven't we nerd-established that it's a power availability issue, not a drive issue itself?)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                                (Haven't we nerd-established that it's a power availability issue, not a drive issue itself?)
                                That makes sense since the Odyssey was able to travel from Earth to Atlantis in three days when it had the ZPM

Comment

Working...
                                X