Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    I was actually asking about how you develop individual episodes, but thanks for the exposition anyways.
    Oh, sorry haha. Well what do you mean, exactly? As in come up with the plots or how to fill it out so it's not just a five sentence summary of events?
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      Oh, sorry haha. Well what do you mean, exactly? As in come up with the plots or how to fill it out so it's not just a five sentence summary of events?
      No, thanks again.

How do you come up with all the filler.

Comment

1: there is a galaxy 4 million LY away, where the replicators were. the replicators fought the Asgard, so this must've been an asgard galaxy.
        The Replicators didn't only fight the Asgard. They possess technology that's even a mystery to the Asgard.

Comment

they advanced asgard tech beyond what the asgard knew.

however, the asgard always kept up. in New Order, the replicators used a TDF to escape a BH and the asgard did not know how. in Ripple Effect, next season, they supplied us with a Time Dialation Device to do the same.

the Replicators clearly advanced it several years ahead of them, not centuries.

Comment

That time dialation device that the Replicators used was made by the Asgard, so that's a bad example. The thing is that they used it in a way that is beyond the comprehension of the Asgard. Also, Thor did say once that it's possible that the Replicators have taken technology from other races.

And, in "Unnatural Selection", he did imply that there are Replicators in many galaxies, possibly far beyond the reach of the Asgard. Also remember that the Replicators originated in the Milky Way, not Ida. They always seek out more advanced technology, so it's a safe bet that they spread out in many directions, not just one.

Comment

but we know that the asgard were in more galaxies at once, and Thor more than once commented that he had buisness elsewhere and wouldn't even be in range.

it was implied that the asgard are multi-galactic and the replicator war was multi-galactic too.

also, the asgard were the prime enemy because they were the most advanced

Comment

Hey so9... have you ever considered doing podcasts about your show or maybe youtube vids of you explaining episodes and the process more in depth? a kind of behind the scenes thing. I mention this because you seem to have a pretty devoted following and now we are all clearly invested in it, and maybe someone else, besides me, would like to know more about you and the process and such. I mean, you told us about your season process, but with podcasting, you can just talk, stream of consciousness sort of thing and talk about it... i dunno, its just an idea. It's pretty easy to do, you don't have to be tech savvy or anything.

Like I said, just an idea. I don't know if this has been brought up before, but maybe its an idea. I mean, i always imagined this as a show, and with the encyclopedia thing you and some others are doing, it'd just be one more thing that would give an added depth. (The real writers do it on the DVDs, and as far as your concerned, in my eyes, you are beyond them).
                Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

I just read your own "Enemy at the Gate" and "Crossroads, Part1"... and WOW. That was really SO MUCH better than the real Atlantis Finale. You have given that good old Atlantis feel new life again, where the Wraith are strong again. Now, I haven't read "Crossroads, Part 2" yet... but I hope they won't be able to be taken down by like three shots in that one. Because if they are, then I take back these words.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-18 View Post
                    Hey so9... have you ever considered doing podcasts about your show or maybe youtube vids of you explaining episodes and the process more in depth? a kind of behind the scenes thing. I mention this because you seem to have a pretty devoted following and now we are all clearly invested in it, and maybe someone else, besides me, would like to know more about you and the process and such. I mean, you told us about your season process, but with podcasting, you can just talk, stream of consciousness sort of thing and talk about it... i dunno, its just an idea. It's pretty easy to do, you don't have to be tech savvy or anything.

Like I said, just an idea. I don't know if this has been brought up before, but maybe its an idea. I mean, i always imagined this as a show, and with the encyclopedia thing you and some others are doing, it'd just be one more thing that would give an added depth. (The real writers do it on the DVDs, and as far as your concerned, in my eyes, you are beyond them).
                    Uh... I don't know. Never really considered it, but at the same time, I say most everything I think about the story or characters on here as it is.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

So, good news; I move back to my dorm on the 10th, meaning I'll have lots of free time again! Yay for college!

Comment

that is good news. looking forward to some more Sg in this stargate deprived television season.
                        Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                        sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

I've suddenly got a surge of inspiration in regards to my own continuation of Stargate SG-1. I was watching "Dominion" today and when SG-1 learned that Ba'al had implanted Adria with one of his clones I thought that that scene would have made for a great cliffhanger, and then the thought struck me. What if they had made "Dominion" into a two-parter? It certainly would have made for a far more exciting season finale.

My idea is to completely re-write most of the first half of the episode and make it into a full episode, then have Adria ascend early in the second part. The remainder of the episode is about the Ori Crusade increasing in ferocity. I currently don't have any plans beyond Season 11. I've had too many ideas that have never gotten past the drawing board, or a few lines, so I want to take it slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                            I've suddenly got a surge of inspiration in regards to my own continuation of Stargate SG-1. I was watching "Dominion" today and when SG-1 learned that Ba'al had implanted Adria with one of his clones I thought that that scene would have made for a great cliffhanger, and then the thought struck me. What if they had made "Dominion" into a two-parter? It certainly would have made for a far more exciting season finale.

My idea is to completely re-write most of the first half of the episode and make it into a full episode, then have Adria ascend early in the second part. The remainder of the episode is about the Ori Crusade increasing in ferocity. I currently don't have any plans beyond Season 11. I've had too many ideas that have never gotten past the drawing board, or a few lines, so I want to take it slowly.
                            So it'd be Anubis 2.0, essentially? A Goa'uld in a human body ascends, only this time, it would come pre-loaded with Ancient/Ori knowledge. Interesting twist... but there's one thing I never understood; if Adria ascended in the Milky Way, wouldn't she be fair game for the Others to wipe out in an instant. No longer a mortal, on their playing field, don't have to interfere to do it, she represents the greatest threat to them ever...

Comment

it's what i thought, but apparently she got instantly powerful as the ori combined

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                So it'd be Anubis 2.0, essentially? A Goa'uld in a human body ascends, only this time, it would come pre-loaded with Ancient/Ori knowledge. Interesting twist... but there's one thing I never understood; if Adria ascended in the Milky Way, wouldn't she be fair game for the Others to wipe out in an instant. No longer a mortal, on their playing field, don't have to interfere to do it, she represents the greatest threat to them ever...
                                Robert Cooper said the Others are pacifists, so they let her go freely because she followed their non-interference rules and didn't attack them while she was in the MW as an ascended being.
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X