Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      actually it's vague, but there is an Othala planet and galaxy
      there's only Ida galaxy. Othalla was a planet
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

nope there's also Othala the galaxy

Comment

s09, I have to ask, how do you keep up this steady stream of episodes, do you sit and write for an hour or so every day, or what? I'm just curious, because I don't think I could keep up this level of dedicated for so long.

Comment

actually Othala is both a planet and a galaxy; the Asgard's home planet and the galaxy where their new homeworld Orilla was located. though it is pretty ambiguous when referring to where the Asgard come from...as both Othala and Ida are referred to as galaxies and Othala is also referred to as a planet
            SG Vennix
            (Executive Producer/Creator)
            - Coming Soon -
            http://vennixproductions.wikia.com/

Star Chronicles: Dark Frontier
            (Executive Producer/Creator)

Comment

actually the whole asgard empire is shrouded in vagueness.

1: there is a galaxy 4 million LY away, where the replicators were. the replicators fought the Asgard, so this must've been an asgard galaxy.

2: there is othalla, Orilla and Hala, all three asgard planets. but we don't know in which galaxies they are exacly.

then there is the Ida galaxy, of which no distance is known, and there is the Othala galaxy, which is where the asgard were last seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                s09, I have to ask, how do you keep up this steady stream of episodes, do you sit and write for an hour or so every day, or what? I'm just curious, because I don't think I could keep up this level of dedicated for so long.
                Eh, well lately the "steady stream" is nonexistent. But prior to now, it was a little of both; some days I'd just sit down and pound out an episode, sometimes I'd write bit by bit for a few days, and sometimes I'd be sitting around at midnight, get a flash of insight, and write until I had a finished product. The latter seems to work best, as it produced "Star By Star," the "The Parting of Ways" duo, and "Enemy at the Gate."
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

It is great to see more Atlantis continuation fanfics.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    Eh, well lately the "steady stream" is nonexistent. But prior to now, it was a little of both; some days I'd just sit down and pound out an episode, sometimes I'd write bit by bit for a few days, and sometimes I'd be sitting around at midnight, get a flash of insight, and write until I had a finished product. The latter seems to work best, as it produced "Star By Star," the "The Parting of Ways" duo, and "Enemy at the Gate."
                    I must say I've found similar correlation between the lateness of the hour and the ease with which I write.

Comment

I must say I've found similar correlation between the lateness of the hour and the ease with which I write.
                      Yeah, I've found that lateness either gives you an incredible boost of quality or it makes you think that horrible, horrible ideas are actually brilliant. Double-edged sword, that.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Yeah, I've found that lateness either gives you an incredible boost of quality or it makes you think that horrible, horrible ideas are actually brilliant. Double-edged sword, that.
                        That's why I try to always sleep on a story before publishing. On a tangent, how do you wright your episodes, I mean, do you do point form and then expand, or summarize and expand?

Comment

That's why I try to always sleep on a story before publishing. On a tangent, how do you wright your episodes, I mean, do you do point form and then expand, or summarize and expand?
                          Well it's a three-pronged process, really.

The first step is always the easiest; where do I want to go with the show from where the series left off? For example, I'll use the almost-finished SG-1. Season 10 left the audience with the war against the Ori/Adria unfinished, and I wanted to see that completed. That launched my original efforts to write Season 11, and after that I needed a new storyline. So I decided I wanted a new bad guy, but one that would actually be a threat for the ever-allying races of the Milky Way. I wanted to see the galaxy begin to come together, bonded by years of warfare and mutual respect, and I wanted those bonds to be tested early on. Garrin and the resurgent Lucian Alliance made for a great hit-and-run foe for the new Alliance to fight, but he wouldn't do for a long-term baddie, and so I came up with the idea of the Der'kal, a race that had been watching all the enemies come and go before, waiting for them all to take their turn bashing the Milky Way to ensure it was at its absolute weakest when they arrived.

Once I had that down, the second step is defining each individual season. When I started on Season 12, I had the events all the way upto mid-15 planned out in my head. I knew that I wanted the Der'kal to have unparalleled success, and the only victories Earth had would be holding actions, and Pyrrhic ones at best. I wanted this war to have the sense of despair and hopelessness that the Ori should have but never quite reached. For example, when starting out season 15, I had everything set out in stages; the first chunk will deal with the refugees struggling to figure out where they belong, then it will be gearing up to retaking Earth, then the fight for the homeland, then the clashing between the refugees and the resistance, then the establishment of a new government on Earth, then the conclusion of the Der'kal Invasion.

The final step is just each individual episode, and it's often the hardest. I have a basic idea of what I want from each one, but that can change drastically before I get to it. For example, I had originally planned for Lor'al to be a one-shot villain leading up to "Star By Star," serving just as a way for the Der'kal to get vital intelligence on the Alliance. But she came off as so perfect and embodied the exact evil I wanted that I decided to make her the new major representation of the bad guys. And so I re-evaluated Vur'naa and began reshaping him into the commander who doubts the holiness of the crusade, someone who, like Tomin, questions the necessity of the war, but unlike him fully relishes in decimating his enemies.

Comment

wow, thats very nice.

Comment

*claps hands*
                              Good.. Good i say...
                              sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Well it's a three-pronged process, really.

The first step is always the easiest; where do I want to go with the show from where the series left off? For example, I'll use the almost-finished SG-1. Season 10 left the audience with the war against the Ori/Adria unfinished, and I wanted to see that completed. That launched my original efforts to write Season 11, and after that I needed a new storyline. So I decided I wanted a new bad guy, but one that would actually be a threat for the ever-allying races of the Milky Way. I wanted to see the galaxy begin to come together, bonded by years of warfare and mutual respect, and I wanted those bonds to be tested early on. Garrin and the resurgent Lucian Alliance made for a great hit-and-run foe for the new Alliance to fight, but he wouldn't do for a long-term baddie, and so I came up with the idea of the Der'kal, a race that had been watching all the enemies come and go before, waiting for them all to take their turn bashing the Milky Way to ensure it was at its absolute weakest when they arrived.

Once I had that down, the second step is defining each individual season. When I started on Season 12, I had the events all the way upto mid-15 planned out in my head. I knew that I wanted the Der'kal to have unparalleled success, and the only victories Earth had would be holding actions, and Pyrrhic ones at best. I wanted this war to have the sense of despair and hopelessness that the Ori should have but never quite reached. For example, when starting out season 15, I had everything set out in stages; the first chunk will deal with the refugees struggling to figure out where they belong, then it will be gearing up to retaking Earth, then the fight for the homeland, then the clashing between the refugees and the resistance, then the establishment of a new government on Earth, then the conclusion of the Der'kal Invasion.

The final step is just each individual episode, and it's often the hardest. I have a basic idea of what I want from each one, but that can change drastically before I get to it. For example, I had originally planned for Lor'al to be a one-shot villain leading up to "Star By Star," serving just as a way for the Der'kal to get vital intelligence on the Alliance. But she came off as so perfect and embodied the exact evil I wanted that I decided to make her the new major representation of the bad guys. And so I re-evaluated Vur'naa and began reshaping him into the commander who doubts the holiness of the crusade, someone who, like Tomin, questions the necessity of the war, but unlike him fully relishes in decimating his enemies.
                                I was actually asking about how you develop individual episodes, but thanks for the exposition anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X