Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
    ROFL! Best video ever! That was pretty much the response from a lot of fans here.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
      ROFL! Best video ever! That was pretty much the response from a lot of fans here.
      i just about died laughing when i found it. just the SHEER RAW EMOTION!
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Wow, I did not think that what I said would cause such a huge debate. I never said that America alone won WWII. I love the British. Winston Churchill is one of my favorite historical leaders. So is de Gaulle from France. Every Allied nation played a huge role in saving the world from Hitler. However, if America had not entered the war Hitler would have conquered Britain and Russia. (Then he would have come for the U.S. and the rest of North America). Also because the U.S. formed NATO and resisted Communist aggression most of us have the freedom today to use the Internet to talk about the past.

besides, the american Nukes were practically useless in terms of warfare. the war was largely over, and the americans just wanted to see the fruits of the extremely expensive Manhattan project. so, they decided to nuke.
        Actually they saved at least a million American lives and several million Japanese lives (if we had invaded that many people would have died).

Dr. D

P. S. I love the "angry Hitler" videos on Youtube.
        God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
        Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
          Wow, I did not think that what I said would cause such a huge debate. I never said that America alone won WWII. I love the British. Winston Churchill is one of my favorite historical leaders. So is de Gaulle from France. Every Allied nation played a huge role in saving the world from Hitler. However, if America had not entered the war Hitler would have conquered Britain and Russia. (Then he would have come for the U.S. and the rest of North America). Also because the U.S. formed NATO and resisted Communist aggression most of us have the freedom today to use the Internet to talk about the past.

Actually they saved at least a million American lives and several million Japanese lives (if we had invaded that many people would have died).

Dr. D

P. S. I love the "angry Hitler" videos on Youtube.
          America didn't enter the War until 1942. They didn't even begin fighting Germany until Nov 1942. By then Hitler had given up on trying to invade Britian (Due to failure to win Battle of Britian). The tide of the Battle of the Atlantic was also changing, giving Britian more supplies. American help was only due to the Tizard Mission (Trading British scientific breakthroughs for american aid) and thought it did help, German bombing of Britian to a large extent was over and Britian was no-where near to invasion that it was previously.

In Russia, Operation Barbarossa had failed to crush the Soviets and the German invasion had lead to a stalemate. America played no part in the Eastern Front (Except from providing supplies)

By the time America entered, the tide was already turning on Hitler. American intervention helped push Germany over the edge and help end the war alot sooner.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
            America didn't enter the War until 1942. They didn't even begin fighting Germany until Nov 1942. By then Hitler had given up on trying to invade Britian (Due to failure to win Battle of Britian). The tide of the Battle of the Atlantic was also changing, giving Britian more supplies. American help was only due to the Tizard Mission (Trading British scientific breakthroughs for american aid) and thought it did help, German bombing of Britian to a large extent was over and Britian was no-where near to invasion that it was previously.

In Russia, Operation Barbarossa had failed to crush the Soviets and the German invasion had lead to a stalemate. America played no part in the Eastern Front (Except from providing supplies)

By the time America entered, the tide was already turning on Hitler. American intervention helped push Germany over the edge and help end the war alot sooner.
            On the above bolded, among the supplies they sent were trucks and half tracks, Which the Russians put to EXTREMLY effective use.

Ever heard of a Katyusha? Stalin's Organ? The massive EPIC WIN that is one of the worlds first (if not THE) multiple rocket launching system? That wouldn't have had nearly the effect it had if not for American supplies.

Financing the war made it easier an all sides for the allies.Would the Allies have beaten Germany if the US wasn't involved with aid so much?
            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

On the above bolded, among the supplies they sent were trucks and half tracks, Which the Russians put to EXTREMLY effective use.

Ever heard of a Katyusha? Stalin's Organ? The massive EPIC WIN that is one of the worlds first (if not THE) multiple rocket launching system? That wouldn't have had nearly the effect it had if not for American supplies.

Financing the war made it easier an all sides for the allies.Would the Allies have beaten Germany if the US wasn't involved with aid so much?
              Fair enough, But that was my main point this whole time. America provided the money, Russia provided the Man power and Britian (And the commonwealth) provided the know-how on how to best deal with the German forces.

I sujest that we Bring to an end this WW2 dissusion. It could lead to alot of angry remarks and also has nothing to do with s09119's story.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Probably. Even before the Battle for Kursk, the battle that massively turned the tide in the Russians' favour, the Russian war industry surpassed that of the Germans. And, it's not just the fighters and the tanks. The Russian soldiers were almost half as fanatical as the Japanese soldiers, and they were much better trained than the defeated masses of 1941.

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                  I sujest that we Bring to an end this WW2 dissusion. It could lead to alot of angry remarks and also has nothing to do with s09119's story.
                  I disagree. We've cultivated some nice discussion without getting into large arguments that get personal, like much of the SGU discussion. Keeping the thread alive with discussion is a good thing IMO.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                    I disagree. We've cultivated some nice discussion without getting into large arguments that get personal, like much of the SGU discussion. Keeping the thread alive with discussion is a good thing IMO.
                    Ditto. I was actually quite enjoying this discussion.

watch now it ends anyway

Comment

Ditto. I was actually quite enjoying this discussion.

watch now it ends anyway
                      I look at civil forum discussions in the same way I look at relationships. Eventually we'll just end up hating eachother.
                      Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 06 December 2009, 02:27 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

that youtube video was pretty damn funny. There are so many of the angry hitler videos out there, anyone know which on was first, after the movie it was in obviously?

as for the civil discussions vs. SGU episodes.

I will jsut say I am immensly enjoying reading this thread with all the WWII stuff being talked about. I also really liked the cliffhanger in justice.
                        Spoiler:
                        I never thought Rush would be the guy to hide the gun, and now hes stranded, but I bet in the season finale he shows up with that ship and some alien buddies
                        Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                        sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Ummm... so, bear with me:

I would like to apologize for blatantly ignoring this thread for quite a while now. Finals are making me want to drill a hole in my head and I just neglected bothering to say I'd be busy. It's not fair to those who have been faithful readers for (how long now?) a while, and I, again, apologize.

That said, I've decided that I will at least fill in the episode synopsi for the remainder of Season 16, so that you will all know what was planned to happen... even if it takes me a heck of a long time to find enough time to actually get stuff back on track in terms of writing out the episodes.

Again, sorry for the treatment, and I hope that with the new year, this fanfic will get going once more.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

16x03 "The Forerunners"
                            Synopsis: A mission to a world locked out of the database on Heliopolis by the Nox reveals ancient secrets that the original Alliance of Great Races did everything possible to keep hidden.
                            Spoiler:
                            EPISODE FORTHCOMING
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

16x04 "Shol'va"
                              Synopsis: Teal'c is placed in a delicate position when he is forced to arbitrate a trial for traitors against the Alliance; the Traditionalist senators who destroyed Pandora's Box.
                              Spoiler:
                              EPISODE FORTHCOMING

Comment

16x06 "Ashes to Ashes"
                                Synopsis: SG-1 embarks on a mission to a planet decimated by an Aschen bioweapon, but finds evidence that the population may not have been as innocent as they believe.
                                Spoiler:
                                EPISODE FORTHCOMING
                                Last edited by s09119; 05 March 2010, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X