Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no clue.

anybody seen any good movies lately? I wanna see 2012.

Saw public enemies a few weeks ago. not too bad actually.
    Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
    sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

I want to see Brothers and That Evening Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-18 View Post
        no clue.

anybody seen any good movies lately? I wanna see 2012.

Saw public enemies a few weeks ago. not too bad actually.
        my brother explained 2012 to me like this.

Armageddon (Bruce Willus Movie) - 3/10 for story, 7/10 for visuals
        Deep Impact (Another metear story): 8/10 for story, 5/10 for visuals
        Day after Tomorrow: 7/10 for story, 8/10 for visuals
        2012: 6.5/10 for story, 11/10 for visuals

So i dunno... he said it was like Michael Bay directed it, but at the same time, it was lacking in the Michael Bay "Explosions = Plot" mentality and actually came out remarkably well. i really wanna go see it

P.S. I asked him about that scene in teh trailer where the car drives out of the falling plane, and he said that that's one of the LESS intense scenes :O
        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
          Armageddon (Bruce Willus Movie) - 3/10 for story, 7/10 for visuals
          Day after Tomorrow: 7/10 for story, 8/10 for visuals
          Really? Day after tomorrow, better? That was cool visuals, but terrible plot IMO. I thought that Armageddon was really good in almost every aspect. Comparable to Independence Day I thought.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
            Really? Day after tomorrow, better? That was cool visuals, but terrible plot IMO. I thought that Armageddon was really good in almost every aspect. Comparable to Independence Day I thought.
            Independance Day outclasses Armageddon totally IMO. Sure there were moments, but nowehere near as many as Armageddon.

Day after Tomorrow's story was weakish, but i still believe it more than Armageddon. Yes the Armageddon characters were fun as hell (Who can forget Steve Buschemi?), but i can't believe them at all compared to the characters in DAT. I actually think it's harder to compare those two movies as evne though the plots are similar, the story telling methods are somewhat different.

I don't want to say Armageddon was stupid, but Day After Tomorrow did make me think more than "none of them want to pay taxes... ever."

purely personal, Armageddon is plenty of fun, but Deep Impact and Day after Tomorrow both beat it from my perspective. I like them all, just like DI and DAT more

going to watch 2012 on the weekend. should be fun
            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Independance Day outclasses Armageddon totally IMO. Sure there were moments, but nowehere near as many as Armageddon.

Day after Tomorrow's story was weakish, but i still believe it more than Armageddon. Yes the Armageddon characters were fun as hell (Who can forget Steve Buschemi?), but i can't believe them at all compared to the characters in DAT. I actually think it's harder to compare those two movies as evne though the plots are similar, the story telling methods are somewhat different.

I don't want to say Armageddon was stupid, but Day After Tomorrow did make me think more than "none of them want to pay taxes... ever."

purely personal, Armageddon is plenty of fun, but Deep Impact and Day after Tomorrow both beat it from my perspective. I like them all, just like DI and DAT more

going to watch 2012 on the weekend. should be fun
              I hated Independace day beacause it portrared the Americans as "Saviours of the Universe". It glorified America

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                I hated Independace day beacause it portrared the Americans as "Saviours of the Universe". It glorified America
                And all the scenes at the end where the world united?

Actually, look up a movie called "Star Wreck", it's an independant parody of Star Trek and Babylon 5 that might be more your taste if you don't like American glorification and love impressive visuals.

Personally i detest movies that take extra care in bashing America. I'm not an american myself, nor do i even like america to a great degree (i'm Canadian) but it feels just as stupid as American screaming "Freedom fries"

Comment

And all the scenes at the end where the world united?

Actually, look up a movie called "Star Wreck", it's an independant parody of Star Trek and Babylon 5 that might be more your taste if you don't like American glorification and love impressive visuals.

Personally i detest movies that take extra care in bashing America. I'm not an american myself, nor do i even like america to a great degree (i'm Canadian) but it feels just as stupid as American screaming "Freedom fries"
                  I have no problem with america, it just you see in movies all the time that America is the best and will get the job done. Its ok sometimes but after a while it just gets really annoying.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

I have no problem with america, it just you see in movies all the time that America is the best and will get the job done. Its ok sometimes but after a while it just gets really annoying.
                    Indeed. Can't people from some other country be the heroes sometime? Perhaps Liechtenstein...

I loved that movie. I though it was one of the best parodies I've seen in years. And usually I don't even like parodies. The visual effects was just amazing. It's amazing what they did with a buget of ca. 13 000 euro.
                    sigpic

Comment

I have no problem with america, it just you see in movies all the time that America is the best and will get the job done.
                      Well from a historical standpoint that has been true most of the time (Full disclosure: I am an American). Sure we have had our low points (Vietnam for instance) but the U.S.A did save the world from Hitler and later Communism.

Personally i detest movies that take extra care in bashing America.
                      As do I. I am fine with movies like G.I. Joe where NATO not the U.S. was the main goodguy. It just gets annoying when movies (most of which are made in the U.S. ironically) bash the U.S. for no reason.

Dr. D
                      God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                      Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
                        Well from a historical standpoint that has been true most of the time (Full disclosure: I am an American). Sure we have had our low points (Vietnam for instance) but the U.S.A did save the world from Hitler and later Communism.

Dr. D
                        Please remind me how you saved the world from communism, because I can't seem to remember that ever happening. The Soviet Union disolved due to internal problems, not because of something the americans did. I'll give the Hitler thing, but you would never had been able to defeat Hitler without the Russians and the British. That goes both ways because the Russians and the British would never had been able to defeat them without you either.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                          Please remind me how you saved the world from communism, because I can't seem to remember that ever happening. The Soviet Union disolved due to internal problems, not because of something the americans did. I'll give the Hitler thing, but you would never had been able to defeat Hitler without the Russians and the British. That goes both ways because the Russians and the British would never had been able to defeat them without you either.
                          America spent alot of time and effort "fighting" communism both in battle (Korea, Vietnam Etc( as well as 'black ops" (Afghanistan for instance). There's likely much more we don't know about but by taking a stand against communism, it didn't grow as much as it cauld have. Of course it's all coming to bite them in teh ass but it's still a part of history. Goes the other way as well, how many russian spies were found out in teh US and UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
                            Ok

A) You didnt save the world from Hitler, the Russians did. (As hard as it is to admit) the Russians even saved Britian from being invaded. They bore the brunt of the Nazis and by D-Day, The German Army was no-where near as affective as it was in 1939 (Even though we knew who to better fight them thanks to the campain in North Africa.) At the end of the war the Russians, ahd so much momentum that they could have hit the English Channel within 2 weeks. This is one of the main problems I have with Americans. They think it was them who beat Hitler.

America spent alot of time and effort "fighting" communism both in battle (Korea, Vietnam Etc( as well as 'black ops" (Afghanistan for instance). There's likely much more we don't know about but by taking a stand against communism, it didn't grow as much as it cauld have. Of course it's all coming to bite them in teh ass but it's still a part of history. Goes the other way as well, how many russian spies were found out in teh US and UK?
                            Fair enough, but you were fighting smaller countries who only had the support of the Soviet Union. The americans didnt actually take on the Russian Nation its self. Korea and Vietnam were just playing fields so that Americans could take on the soviets in limited numbers.

The soviet Union collapsed beacause it pumped soo much money into the military to try and keep up with the Americans. their infrastructure just couldn't cope and they went bankrupt.

Comment

Ok

A) You didnt save the world from Hitler, the Russians did. (As hard as it is to admit) the Russians even saved Britian from being invaded. They bore the brunt of the Nazis and by D-Day, The German Army was no-where near as affective as it was in 1939 (Even though we knew who to better fight them thanks to the campain in North Africa.) At the end of the war the Russians, ahd so much momentum that they could have hit the English Channel within 2 weeks. This is one of the main problems I have with Americans. They think it was them who beat Hitler.
                              i think we all saved each other at this point. And if you'll recall, the Russians had treaties with the Germans which was dissolved when Hitler invaded. The US gave the UK support, and i seem to recall a story about Churchill celebrating and having a drink when he heard Pearl Harbor was bombed. i think he was quoted at that moment whic hwas one of darker days in Britain as saying "We've won the war."

Fair enough, but you were fighting smaller countries who only had the support of the Soviet Union. The americans didnt actually take on the Russian Nation its self. Korea and Vietnam were just playing fields so that Americans could take on the soviets in limited numbers.

The soviet Union collapsed beacause it pumped soo much money into the military to try and keep up with the Americans. their infrastructure just couldn't cope and they went bankrupt.
                              First off, i'm not american, second, the americans' didn't take on the USSR because that would have caused WW3. Instead they used subversive tactics to win the "cold war". Just because hte states didn't launch a massive shock and awe campaign to rid the world of communism doesn't mean they were any less responsible.

If the US hadn't taken on Korea and Vietnam, the USSR and China would have grown much larger and potentially would have had enough economy and infrastructure to keep up to the states and maybe even take it on.

The US was still responsible to some degree the collapse of the soviet union. just because it wasn't with bombs doesn't make them any less culpable.

Comment

america is the only country, which you will believe has alien contacts, nuke aliens, and let everyone have dozens of guns with ease.

i do not see stargate as possible in my own county, for example.

i think america glorifying or bashing is nessecary. america might be glorified, but only if the other countries are not stupidified.

Comment

Working...
                                X