No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, I've spent my free time updating some of the entires on the wiki, as well as adding some new ones. I think until the database issue is fixed, I'll make this my project. Hopefully, I can get character bios and full episodes up there, and then I can continue on with the series until GateWorld is fixed without any problems.

EDIT: If anyone can figure out how to get the ship infoboxes working so I can actually make specs for the 304s, that would be wonderful, too. I've tried, but honestly I just keep making it worse xD
    Last edited by s09119; 16 October 2009, 06:58 PM.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

By the way, if it helps at all, I think "Retribution" has a much more-dramatic feel to it, if you're going for that angle. "Showdown" doesn't have the same impact.
      Well, I suppose I might go with "Retribution". One major issue I have with how they ended the Goa'uld dominance was how suddenly it happened, and it was mostly just the work of the Free Jaffa. However, there are also millions of humans, and other races (like the Oannes), that's been held down by the Goa'uld for millennia.

In Atlantis we have this new human alliance against the Wraith, of which the Genii are a part of. Secondly, there are the Travellers and the Asgard (I'm planning one episode in Season 6 where they are hostile, and then two episodes in Season 7, the first about Sheppard's team helping a group of Asgard in trouble, and the second where they are invited to the heart of the Asgard domain, which is kind of inspired by the Borg city in Voyager). Then, there's Todd and his army of Hybrids, and finally a resistance army created by Ronon in Season 7 (kind of based on "The Last Man").

There may (most likely) be some other forces I haven't mentioned that will be introduced in Season 6, 7 or 8, but that's the general idea. After a long build-up, all the people of the Pegasus Galaxy rises up to seek retribution against the Wraith, weakened by their year-long war against... *coughs* someone in Season 7.

I don't know what to do with Season 9 yet, but I have big plans for Season 10...

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        In other news, I've spent my free time updating some of the entires on the wiki, as well as adding some new ones. I think until the database issue is fixed, I'll make this my project. Hopefully, I can get character bios and full episodes up there, and then I can continue on with the series until GateWorld is fixed without any problems.

EDIT: If anyone can figure out how to get the ship infoboxes working so I can actually make specs for the 304s, that would be wonderful, too. I've tried, but honestly I just keep making it worse xD
        Good to hear, the wiki will make it far easier to search for info and episodes

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
          Good to hear, the wiki will make it far easier to search for info and episodes
          Oh yeah... I know every time I forget a detail and need to double-check, it can take up to a half hour to find the right episode I'm thinking of, the right part of it, etc... pain in the butt.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Charles
              "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
                Hahahahahahahahahahaha. I love it. Green for you sir.

Dr. D
                God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

^ that made my day, mostly because of the 1% who legitimately though linguine was correct...

Comment

^^^ Love it! Green.
                    sigpic

Comment

i've fixed the 'Infobox Spaceship' template for you and all the other 'Infobox ...' templates on the wiki by copying the data from my wiki, however i noticed that you've got two and in some cases three copies of the same template so i suggest that you delete (seen as i can't) any infobox templates that don't begin with 'Template:Infobox'. that way it will be less confusing for editors when trying to use a template.

hope this helps
                      SG Vennix
                      (Executive Producer/Creator)
                      - Coming Soon -
                      http://vennixproductions.wikia.com/

Star Chronicles: Dark Frontier

Comment

Might I sudjest we all pitch in and help the Wiki. S09 would have overall control over the wiki and could delete anything he doesn't agree with.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dan93 View Post
                          i've fixed the 'Infobox Spaceship' template for you and all the other 'Infobox ...' templates on the wiki by copying the data from my wiki, however i noticed that you've got two and in some cases three copies of the same template so i suggest that you delete (seen as i can't) any infobox templates that don't begin with 'Template:Infobox'. that way it will be less confusing for editors when trying to use a template.

hope this helps
                          Yeah, I was completely new at it when I started so I'm not surprised if I have three copies of the same thing... xD

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                            Might I sudjest we all pitch in and help the Wiki. S09 would have overall control over the wiki and could delete anything he doesn't agree with.
                            i agree, i think if we all pitched in then things would probably get done faster. and yes S09 should have overall control but he's still going to need some 'sub-moderators' because that was a problem i found with my wiki; if you don't have enough people keeping checks on the wiki and the pages added pretty soon you end up with quite abit of 'spam'

Yeah, I was completely new at it when I started so I'm not surprised if I have three copies of the same thing... xD
                            yeah i know where your coming from, i had the same problem when i first started
                            SG Vennix
                            - Coming Soon -
                            http://vennixproductions.wikia.com/

Star Chronicles: Dark Frontier

Comment

Originally posted by Dan93 View Post
                              i agree, i think if we all pitched in then things would probably get done faster. and yes S09 should have overall control but he's still going to need some 'sub-moderators' because that was a problem i found with my wiki; if you don't have enough people keeping checks on the wiki and the pages added pretty soon you end up with quite abit of 'spam'

yeah i know where your coming from, i had the same problem when i first started
                              Most of what people have done so far is good, the only reason I'm reluctant to say "Go have a field day" is because I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi... if I see incorrect spelling or something phrased badly or a page name that doesn't match the rest... something inside me twitches haha. Basically, I just don't want this to become like the Stargate Wiki, which is so bad it's scary. That's why even when I borrow their articles, I try to go through and edit them as best I can.

Comment

s09, i don't know much about wikis.

Wish I could help with that.

Who thought Darkness was cool?
                                Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                                sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X