Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
    Yeah, but I always thought of Eaton as looking more rough IMO. If we needed a doctor though, she'd be a mighty fine choice.
    what about max from dark angel?

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    Okay, the episode list on the OP has been updated some more. I have a basic idea for all twenty now, the problem is coming up with a name that fits the premise and doesn't conflict with the name of an episode already in the SG-1/Atlantis/Universe canon. I'm starting to see why Star Trek episodes got more and more-badly named as time went on...
    *claps sarcastically*
    hey your better than me, i wanna use some greek myth stuff but all stuff i know off top of my head yuou've already used so i am guna have to start using wikipedia (note: i am not just talking about titles :/)
    sigpic

Comment

Y'know, I was going through a list of Greek gods on Wikipedia, looking for a potential replacement of the Tok'ra queen for my continuation (also an episode title), and I discovered that Hyperion is the name of a Titan. Some of you probably already know, but I just thought it was kind of cool, especially as from what we know the episode doesn't appear to be based on Greek mythology. Unless the Aschen are descended from Greeks...

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
        Y'know, I was going through a list of Greek gods on Wikipedia, looking for a potential replacement of the Tok'ra queen for my continuation (also an episode title), and I discovered that Hyperion is the name of a Titan. Some of you probably already know, but I just thought it was kind of cool, especially as from what we know the episode doesn't appear to be based on Greek mythology. Unless the Aschen are descended from Greeks...
        The title has nothing to do with the Aschen, though something with the name "Hyperion" does feature prominently.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

^I'm guessing a space station or ship... We shall see...

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

hyperion, quite literally, would translate to "major" or "large" one, as in a big or significant person.

hyper means above.

Comment

^ Very nice deduction, but Æwondåslåmon has the in-context meaning for the premiere. Feel free to guess around at the significance of the various episodes' titles until the season hiatus ends... if anyone has an intriguing guess, I might drop a few hints here and there

Also, and this is getting very ahead of myself, so keep in mind how far off this is, but I've also started getting a few ideas for a set-in-the-future "sequel series" to these continuations of SG-1 and Atlantis, one that would deal with the issues plaguing the galaxy long after the team is dead, but problems that stem from the actions they took and the legacies they left behind here in these past few seasons. This project may very well never even come to anything more than a thought, as I still have all the work with Atlantis to do, but the seeds of a potential other series are there.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                hyperion, quite literally, would translate to "major" or "large" one, as in a big or significant person.

hyper means above.
                ^ Very nice deduction, but Æwondåslåmon has the in-context meaning for the premiere. Feel free to guess around at the significance of the various episodes' titles until the season hiatus ends... if anyone has an intriguing guess, I might drop a few hints here and there

Also, and this is getting very ahead of myself, so keep in mind how far off this is, but I've also started getting a few ideas for a set-in-the-future "sequel series" to these continuations of SG-1 and Atlantis, one that would deal with the issues plaguing the galaxy long after the team is dead, but problems that stem from the actions they took and the legacies they left behind here in these past few seasons. This project may very well never even come to anything more than a thought, as I still have all the work with Atlantis to do, but the seeds of a potential other series are there.
                Right so something big above something? or something above something big? first one makes more sense.. So a big venii space station above a planet?

Comment

Originally posted by Dodgified View Post
                  Right so something big above something? or something above something big? first one makes more sense.. So a big venii space station above a planet?
                  No haha, I meant that Æwondåslåmon had the meaning of the word that I'm using; the Titan god, not the "big thing."

Comment

No haha, I meant that Æwondåslåmon had the meaning of the word that I'm using; the Titan god, not the "big thing."
                    meaning the people who were Titans come back and teh first is Hyperion
                    sigpic

Comment

the titans all stem from gaia. gaia created ouranos and got children. these were the titans. among them was kronos, titan of time. he castrated ouranos and got children with gaia. these were the olympians. however, a prophecy said that kronos would die the same way his father did. so he swallowed his children whole. at one point, gaia made him swallow a stone instead of one of his children, zeus, who then overthrew kronos and imprisoned the titans.

his brothers and sisters were saved from the belly of kronos.

this way, the olympians were created.

the in-context meaning could simply be a much, much older race getting back on the scene.

i'll go and update my knowledge on the titan. i know for one, that apollo gained the name of Hyperion, through some way or another. (mostly, gods were assigned multiple names, like apollo lycantos, protector of sheep (by controlling the wolves).

Comment

Hyperion

titan of light, he understood the motion of celestial bodies.

am i sensing an episode, where an observatory of some kind is found?

Comment

Hyperion

titan of light, he understood the motion of celestial bodies.

am i sensing an episode, where an observatory of some kind is found?
                          More looking at the traits he took on after the Olympians became the dominant gods... there's another thing he represented later on.

Comment

he represents the east, a watcher from above, an observer. from him spawned the sun, the moon and the dawn.

he is seen as one of the creators of man...

three optionsL

1: we meet the ancient which seeded life (in MW or PG)
                            2: somebody overthrows something. i think the aschen rule is overthrown
                            3: we discover the goauld responsible for creating the jaffa

Comment

he represents the east, a watcher from above, an observer. from him spawned the sun, the moon and the dawn.

three optionsL

Oh, I love speculation... =]

Comment

three optionsL

or
                                • the person that created the Aschen (assuming they aren't from Earth)
                                • the person that gave them advanced tech.

maybe not so much the second one..

Comment

Working...
                                X