Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, two paragraphs away from 3 posts and no more... I was so close... xD
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

definatly worth the wait. best ever, well done

Comment

...better than Shatterpoint, Star by Star and DEFINATELY better than ANY SG show i have ever read or seen, including the actual show.

S09 you usually do excellent peices of work which rivals that of the writers for SG1 and SGA. but on this occasion you have outstripped them a hundred fold. you are unmatched in your quality of writing.

also i hope we see the Der'kal again later on, only as allied, for i doubt any enemy would be able to to hold up against the great alliance if the Der'kal were to enter it.

green you as soon as i can...
        sigpic

Comment

ending a war without fighting. ilike its originel

also for your previous eps well done, omg, amazing and briliant

(ihadd some logigng in problems.)
          R.I.P MJ

sigpic
          -- May the force be with you --

Don S. Davis - You will be rememberd

Ba'al: "You dare mock me?"
          Jack O'Neill: "Come on Ba'al, you should know. Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

Wow its was really great.

Comment

That was amazing, (Although it was a bit obvious that the Der'kal were leaving, but not that Vur'naa was the new leader). Well done!!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
                ...better than Shatterpoint, Star by Star and DEFINATELY better than ANY SG show i have ever read or seen, including the actual show.

S09 you usually do excellent peices of work which rivals that of the writers for SG1 and SGA. but on this occasion you have outstripped them a hundred fold. you are unmatched in your quality of writing.

also i hope we see the Der'kal again later on, only as allied, for i doubt any enemy would be able to to hold up against the great alliance if the Der'kal were to enter it.

green you as soon as i can...
                Well thank you =] Speaking of "Shatterpoint," I tried to bring back parts of that episode as much as possible to add a real feeling of things coming full circle; the three members of SG-1 that were there when the war began set out with Col. Via Sanders on a ship called the Aurora for P9X-335 to investigate a massing of ships that could be poised to attack, link up with other Alliance ships along the way, and end up confronting a Der'kal fleet commanded by Vur'naa.

Also, in reality, you have to remember that the war isn't actually over, since the Aschen are still very much a threat. But the worst of it has passed, with the terrible armada that shook the galaxy to its core finally leaving, and Earth returned to stable government for the first time in two years. In a way, the Der'kal arc was about redemption, not of a race, but of he figure we came to associate with them, Vur'naa. When he first appeared, he was this bloodthirsty enemy commander, coldly executing innocents and bombarding whole worlds into dust. Near the end of Season 13, he begins to doubt the point of his people's war after coming across a message left in the past by Janus warning that the Der'kal will lose, and you really see that he needs something to focus on to keep him from thinking of what the truth may be.

In Season 14, he finds that focus, becoming Hell-bent on "settling the score" with Col. Sanders and the DSC-304 Aurora, the one ship that escaped him in "Shatterpoint." And with the fall of Earth and the final destruction of the hated vessel, his determination seems to be reaffirmed, until we see him again a year later, the only one who appears to understand Lor'al's mounting insanity. His devotion to the war wavers more and more, and he even forms an alliance with the Tau'ri to turn against his own government in the hope of removing the source of the madness. And all this culminates in the events of "Pyrrhus," when he finds himself the only one left to take up the mantle of supreme leader, and is made privy to all the secrets that entails. Once he has the power, he looks back on the slow, subtle changes that have reshaped him over the past half a decade, and decides that just as he has come to be a different person, so must the Der'kal come to be a different people.

And if the entire arc was about redemption, then Season 15 especially was all about the means by which we redeem ourselves; Carter waging an unending guerrilla war to atone for her failure to save her world, Talbot shutting herself off from humanity when she failed to rally her people, SG-1 disbanding after they could not stop their enemies from taking victory, and, finally, Makepeace becoming the very thing he had fought so long and hard to defend Earth from, and realizing too late that he had betrayed his own ideals. But now, humanity can look to the future, and Season 16 will tie up all those loose ends left hanging, from Talbot's dream of a stronger Alliance, to the fight to push back the Aschen, to where Earth's place is in the universe.

I hope you all enjoyed the season finale, and I hope Season 16 will be just as incredible.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  Well thank you =] Speaking of "Shatterpoint," I tried to bring back parts of that episode as much as possible to add a real feeling of things coming full circle; the three members of SG-1 that were there when the war began set out with Col. Via Sanders on a ship called the Aurora for P9X-335 to investigate a massing of ships that could be poised to attack, link up with other Alliance ships along the way, and end up confronting a Der'kal fleet commanded by Vur'naa.
                  i recognised that myself but i was too hit with impressedness to comment on it, if you want a full review after this post say so please

Also, in reality, you have to remember that the war isn't actually over, since the Aschen are still very much a threat. But the worst of it has passed, with the terrible armada that shook the galaxy to its core finally leaving, and Earth returned to stable government for the first time in two years. In a way, the Der'kal arc was about redemption, not of a race, but of he figure we came to associate with them, Vur'naa. When he first appeared, he was this bloodthirsty enemy commander, coldly executing innocents and bombarding whole worlds into dust. Near the end of Season 13, he begins to doubt the point of his people's war after coming across a message left in the past by Janus warning that the Der'kal will lose, and you really see that he needs something to focus on to keep him from thinking of what the truth may be.
                  it was stated it was Janus? musta missed that part and well i stick to what i said after reading "Parting of Ways"

In Season 14, he finds that focus, becoming Hell-bent on "settling the score" with Col. Sanders and the DSC-304 Aurora, the one ship that escaped him in "Shatterpoint." And with the fall of Earth and the final destruction of the hated vessel, his determination seems to be reaffirmed, until we see him again a year later, the only one who appears to understand Lor'al's mounting insanity. His devotion to the war wavers more and more, and he even forms an alliance with the Tau'ri to turn against his own government in the hope of removing the source of the madness. And all this culminates in the events of "Pyrrhus," when he finds himself the only one left to take up the mantle of supreme leader, and is made privy to all the secrets that entails. Once he has the power, he looks back on the slow, subtle changes that have reshaped him over the past half a decade, and decides that just as he has come to be a different person, so must the Der'kal come to be a different people.
                  indeed at reading this i predicted it would Vur'naa at the end but not what you had put, and i am a brilliant guesser s09, you dumbfounded me

And if the entire arc was about redemption, then Season 15 especially was all about the means by which we redeem ourselves; Carter waging an unending guerrilla war to atone for her failure to save her world, Talbot shutting herself off from humanity when she failed to rally her people, SG-1 disbanding after they could not stop their enemies from taking victory, and, finally, Makepeace becoming the very thing he had fought so long and hard to defend Earth from, and realizing too late that he had betrayed his own ideals. But now, humanity can look to the future, and Season 16 will tie up all those loose ends left hanging, from Talbot's dream of a stronger Alliance, to the fight to push back the Aschen, to where Earth's place is in the universe.

I hope you all enjoyed the season finale, and I hope Season 16 will be just as incredible.
                  if you manage to make even ONE ep of S16 better than Parting of ways then i will actually send you money from my bank account

plus i meant what i said about you topping the original SG writers
                  sigpic

Comment

Dang, that was good. Now I wonder what the next season is gonna be about without any cliffhanger from this episode.

And s09, are you gonna finish up SG-1, or start on the Atlantis continuation? I can't wait till you absolutely demolish that wormhole plothole drive in your EaTG.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                      I can't wait till you absolutely demolish that wormhole plothole drive in your EaTG.
                      Agreed. I know you've said you would not do Season 6 of Atlantis until you've finished Season 16 of SG1, but perhaps you could do your EaTG re-write before you return to SG1, then once that's finished you could go straight into Atlantis.

Comment

gotta say...... loved it
                        Captain Simms

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                          Dang, that was good. Now I wonder what the next season is gonna be about without any cliffhanger from this episode.

And s09, are you gonna finish up SG-1, or start on the Atlantis continuation? I can't wait till you absolutely demolish that wormhole plothole drive in your EaTG.
                          I'm going to stick to what I said before; I'll start Atlantis when SG-1 is done, or else I'm afraid I'll get too divided, lose momentum, and have the quality of the project drop off.

...although, to be fair, I can't wait to just trash the wormhole drive, either xD

Comment

It was great! Hail s09119!*Bows*
                            Well, it was better then Star by Star, by like 1%.
                            And I have many ideas for what season 16 will be about.
                            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              I'm going to stick to what I said before; I'll start Atlantis when SG-1 is done, or else I'm afraid I'll get too divided, lose momentum, and have the quality of the project drop off.

...although, to be fair, I can't wait to just trash the wormhole drive, either xD
                              Haha, yeah. Maybe do just that one, then get back to SG-1. And between your seasons do you have long waits like TV seasons (maybe not as long though)? Or are you just going to get directly back on the horse and start 16?

And for the record, IMO SbS has been the best episode, followed by Parting of Ways. Once again, very good job s09.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

I think it would be cool to bring atlantis in at some point during s16, like they did with the pegasus project. unfortunately that would mean setting a point where atlantis has to be in contact with earth in season, whichever season that is

Comment

Working...
                                X