Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
    yes. i ahve a felling the Ori will do that. preferably using the whole shields over a planet thing. do it to a massivly defended der'kal world and they would be crappin them selves. then lil blocks start flying up destroying their ships. oooh that would be funny to watch.
    Yeah that be pretty cool to see and it would also be a pretty good strategy. You could probably destroy a couple of der'kal planets before they figured out what was even happening. The only problem with building a supergate in der'kal territory is they might figure out how to get to the ori galaxy.

Comment

Yeah that be pretty cool to see and it would also be a pretty good strategy. You could probably destroy a couple of der'kal planets before they figured out what was even happening. The only problem with building a supergate in der'kal territory is they might figure out how to get to the ori galaxy.
      Well if a couple of cruisers made it over to the Ori Galaxy then I am sure the Ex-Ori followers would be all for geting involved in the war.

Great episode cant wait for the next!

Note: You said that the Ori would feature in a couple of episodes, saying as you blew up the Supergate how are you planning to do that?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

maby theyll return in the last episode of this season as some kind of in the nick of time reinforcements and then theyll be helping during the next season or something
        check my story's:
        Battlestar group 16
        and Under Siege
        and respond at:
        Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
        my newest story:
        TFS Ticonderoga
        and respond at:
        TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

Another amazing episode s09. I really liked seeing the Aschen's behinds get kicked. I remain in awe of your writing ability.

Note: You said that the Ori would feature in a couple of episodes, saying as you blew up the Supergate how are you planning to do that?
          I believe he said, "one or two episodes."

Dr. D
          God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
          Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
            I believe he said, "one or two episodes."
            True, and without a Supergate I really can't see Tomin or his people finding their way here. Remember, the ex-Ori followers relied on the power supplied by the Ori themselves to open wormholes to the Milky Way, as they lack things such as ZPMs. Without their gods to do it again, there's no way for even the priors to make it work.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Great episode, sad about the ori though.
              But the ori ships power core, it must be if not even stronger then a ZPM.

And Jeffala, I said maybe
              sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

The dangers of "Pride Before the Fall" make themselves clear to the enemy as "Pyrrhus" lingers nearby...
                The epic two-part climax of the Der'kal invasion is about to arrive! After three years of war raging across the Milky Way, the scales were finally tipped when the Tau'ri retook their homeworld from the enemy, but it was hardly their numbers or strategy that won the day. Instead, it was the crazed actions of the alien warmaster Lor'al, corrupted by the captured Tok'ra leader Anise, that sealed their victory. Ever since that fateful day, both the mindwarped admiral and her advisors have disappeared from the galactic scene, but now they have returned for what could be their greatest act of all.

An Alliance plan to tempt the Der'kal to the ultimate folly is hatched by the Nox, and the stage is set for the ultimate showdown between the forces of good and evil. SG-1 prepares themselves for their own part to play, but watch on as one of their dearest allies risks it all to ensure an end to the bloodshed. And when these two hours are over, the galaxy will never be the same.

"Pride Before the Fall" and "Pyrrhus" will guest star Frida Betrani as Lya, Christopher Judge as Teal'c, ______ ___ as Lor'al, ____ ______ as Vur'naa, Vanessa Angel as Anise/Freya and many more!
                Note: This preview has been left intentionally vague, as massive spoilers are risked by giving away any more details of the plot.
                Last edited by s09119; 14 June 2009, 02:58 PM.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

sounds excellent cannot wait for it
                  sigpic

Comment

actually, s09, the stargate and supergate were powered by a BH at either end. which is possible if the BH has an acretion disk, in which case the intense friction creates X-ray and IR radation that can power the gate. so the question is: do they have annother supergate laying around?

Comment

Hmm dont the Motherships have that big power generator in the ship that could ( I assume ) produce ZPM power levels
                      This isn't Atlantis?
                      I don't think so.
                      If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        actually, s09, the stargate and supergate were powered by a BH at either end. which is possible if the BH has an acretion disk, in which case the intense friction creates X-ray and IR radation that can power the gate. so the question is: do they have annother supergate laying around?
                        Um... there was never any evidence that said that a black hole was powering the stargate or Supergate on their end, and a black hole was only used to activate the first Supergate in our galaxy (there was none near the second).

Comment

wonderful episode. someone mentioned that this wasn't just a defeat, but a victory as well. I agree with that. We kept lots of refugees safe, took out some ships of the achen and der'kal, but did lose an ally.

With the next episode, i bet we lost the nox or tok'ra (Prob. nox though, cuz it sounds like they invested more into the plan). Lookin forward to it.

as for the Ori, I think that might be the end of them. at least in any sizeable form. Ending on Vala and Tomin confessing their love is a good metaphor of the Tau'ri and the Ori saying it too, so the Ori leave with a clean slate and a helping hand and the tau'ri know that they can call upon the Ori if they can ever find them or get to them again.
                          Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                          sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Great episode, I hope that's not the end of the Ori. They can't be too far with our hyperdrives? Daniel said it took the Ancients a few thousand years to get here? or 1 thousand i can't remember. Their hyperdrives from then couldn't of been any faster then Goa'uld hyperdrives? and in the finale of S4? were the Tok'ra planet was attacked by Apophis and they blew up the sun and got taken was it 4 million LY away? and Pegasus is like 3 million (i think?) and Jacob/Sel'mak said that it would take them 125 years to get back to MW, while a 304 takes about 2 weeks. So a few months HD journey to Ori galaxy maybe? Maybe a year. If we can give it more power then less. We may be able to get there in a few years [:!
                            Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            The dangers of "Pride Before the Fall" make themselves clear to the enemy.
                            The epic two-part climax of the Der'kal invasion is about to arrive! After three years of war raging across the Milky Way, the scales were finally tipped when the Tau'ri retook their homeworld from the enemy, but it was hardly their numbers or strategy that won the day. Instead, it was the crazed actions of the alien warmaster Lor'al, corrupted by the captured Tok'ra leader Anise, that sealed their victory. Ever since that fateful day, both the mindwarped admiral and her advisors have disappeared from the galactic scene, but now they have returned for what could be their greatest act of all.

An Alliance plan to tempt the Der'kal to the ultimate folly is hatched by the Nox, and the stage is set for the ultimate showdown between the forces of good and evil. SG-1 prepares themselves for their own part to play, but watch on as one of their dearest allies risks it all to ensure an end to the bloodshed. And when these two hours are over, the galaxy will never be the same.

"Pride Before the Fall" will guest star Frida Betrani as Lya, Christopher Judge as Teal'c, ______ ___ as Lor'al, ____ ______ as Vur'naa, Vanessa Angel as Anise/Freya and many more!
                            Note: This preview has been left intentionally vague, as massive spoilers are risked by giving away any more details of the plot.
                            Dearest allies, and Teal'c is in. Don't kill Teal'c! or the Jaffa! Kill someone else! Lya, the Nox, urr who else is in the alliance? the Tok'ra! I would say the Venii but they aren't really our dearest allies.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              It's a valid point, though. Terrible things have been done in the name of religion, but as Mitchell pointed out, it does have its fair share of good, too. His argument was that you can't throw all the blame on the ex-Ori followers for what they did for their gods, but it does help to understand why they did it and why so many others would do the same.
                              Spoiler:
                              Yes, I agree with you. My comment wasn't based on personal offense - how could I take offense at the truth when the Lord Jesus Christ has said he is truth? - but was rather a warning. in our post-modern culture, when you say "terrible things have been done in the name of religion," people will hear that, and nod and say to themselves "yes, religion is evil!" I know that's not what you said, and in this instance I sincerely believe it's not what you meant; I'm saying that's what people hear. You may protest that you followed with "it does have its fair share of good, too," but people won't hear that. It'll be drowned out by the sound of their cultural preconceptions chowing down on new fodder. (The words "fair share" and "too" don't help either.)

Secondly, my objection was not to the "religions have caused terrible things," as such, but mainly to reference to the Crusade(s). The Crusades are quite possibly the most misrepresented historical events in modern time. Most people don't even know why they were fighting. Now, I could launch at this point into a detailed summary (and rebuttal) of Crusade history, but I'm sure you'd rather I didn't in this thread. So then, suffice to say that the Ori "crusade" bears little-to-no resemblance to the actual Crusades, politically or motivationally (the Crusades were not proselytory). In fact, they bear much more in common with the thousand year Jihad, but I know we must be sensitive with that word nowadays.

In conclusion, I'd just like to say that the above commentary in no way infringes on my enjoyment of your writing. I simply like to warn people when I'm able. Keep up the excellent work!
                              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Um... there was never any evidence that said that a black hole was powering the stargate or Supergate on their end, and a black hole was only used to activate the first Supergate in our galaxy (there was none near the second).
                                "beachhead"

it is said that a BH is powering it from their side, and using annother at our end, the supergate is open indefinately.

besides, a blackhole is called black and hole for a reason

Comment

Working...
                                X