No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats ridiculous, the ori needed it cause hyperspace travel took too long. they kept up pace with the oddysey. then again, a true asgard ship can go about 30 times faster (or 500 times with a different calc). even then, to andromeda or sombrero would take a day or so. with the fastest calc it would be minutes.

i think its either Virgo or futher

Comment

i never said i agreed. i was stating what he meant.

but yeah Ori H/Drive >/= Asgard H/Drive. so SG (super gate) is a means of getting there due to distance.

ie opposite end of cluster
      sigpic

Comment

I sense this is turing into a nerd fight!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

nerd fight!!! (oh no! wheres the TM we cannot do it without the TM !!!!!)
          sigpic

Comment

Almighty Voice: As far as I'm (and by definition, this story) are concerned, the Ori galaxy's position is unknown, but it's way too far away to ever hope of reaching by hyperdrive, hence the use of the Supergate.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Good, the words of the creator!*bows*
              sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Excellent.

And if, may I add, the point of the Supergate was to get here faster, it was an abysmal failure. They could have been here by Hyperdrive a thousand times over by the time they finally got that thing set up.
                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                  It's been assumed (silently) that the Ori galaxy is not in the local group, killman. If it were, why would they need a Supergate? They could reach Ida just fine.
                  When was this hinted at?

Comment

Unending.
                    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Nerdfight™

Sure it's 9 hours late, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                        Unending.
                        Really? I have to watch it again.

Comment

You really do!
                          sigpic

Comment

The Alterans took what Daniel interpreted to be "thousands of years" to reach the Milky Way from the Ori Galaxy (9x02, "Avalon, Part 2") by ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                              SG-18, where have you been?
                              I am working at the SPCA vet clinic as a vet assistant, so I have been very busy. I pull 11-12 hour shifts and then sleep most of the rest of the time that I am not eating, so unfortunately this is on hold. so I am a huge sympathizer of s09 (The Creator, in all his glory) for the amount of time it takes to do crap these days. I mean, i have hardly spent a min on gateworld. I dropped in to check up on the episodes and found an episode done.

it's kinda like having something sit in tivo or a DVR for a while and then finanally watching only to realize that everyone else thinks its old news. bear with us slow folks. I am not even bothering with the nerdfights

Hope that answers your question.
                              Spoiler:
                              didn't know i was missed
                              Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                              sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Well the ancient hyperdrive in thoose days maybe was about 2x faster then a Goa'uld hyperdrive.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X