X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
    *points to the Americans with thier fancy F-22*
    *points to the all new JSF all around the world.*

By the way I meant to say "and to think Canadians don't even have their own ships"

Comment

Originally posted by Fettucchini View Post
      *points to the all new JSF all around the world.*

By the way I meant to say "and to think Canadians don't even have their own ships"
      The americans weren't even going to give us the software to maintain the JSF ourselves, we basicly had to beg them before we got it.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

they'll probably be at least 50 villages.
        If each made 10, then wahey, we got 500 more ships to help! And that's before they invaded? So if they kept building we may have a few thousand?
        More like in the trillions. Remember, the Ori ruled a whole galaxy, not just a handful of barely populated planets. And one village could never make a whole cruiser, let alone 10. The cruisers are probably built by people from hundreds of nearby villages. They are, after all, villages, not cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
          More like in the trillions. Remember, the Ori ruled a whole galaxy, not just a handful of barely populated planets. And one village could never make a whole cruiser, let alone 10. The cruisers are probably built by people from hundreds of nearby villages. They are, after all, villages, not cities.
          Guessing by the size of the ships and the size of the villages I would say a planet could produce 3 (or maybe 4) at a time.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

*sigh*
            ori galaxy much larger than MW

overall we produce 1/2 304 each...2/3 years. Jaffa produce about 50 ha'tak due to the size of their terrirtory in MW every 2/3 years.

i THINK the Ori could produce far far more
            sigpic

Comment

It's probably true. The Ori were interested in more followers, so they wouldn't put any restrictions on reproduction as long as it was kind off controllable (and with the priors, what isn't controllable?). This could lead us to believe that the massive Ori galaxy is unbelievably densely populated. Which might also explain why our dear Ori leader had such problems establishing his rule.

However, if the Ori had let every planet/collection of villages built ships, then there would indeed be way too many around, even during the Ori war. So I think it's safe to assume that they divided the tasks so as to not cause any major upheaval in townslife and because it simply wasn't necessary (~10 Ori ships almost squashed our galaxy). Now, if we hadn't won when we did, we might've been in real trouble, because it's undeniable that the Ori could've used their full population and ramped up production like it's nobodies business. This is probably what they were trying to do, but luckily they couldn't finish it.

That would also explain why there would not be 100 000's of Ori ships in their own galaxy. The infrastructure wasn't completed on most planets, and since we don't know how the knowledge was actually transferred, there might be some serieus self-planning to start production again.

But, those facilities that actually managed to make ships (or, let's say, 90% complete), should be operational for use later as well. Countering that with the fact that after the war, the primary focus of the Ori government _wouldn't_ have been to produce ships, it'll probably be a more modest number.

A conservative guess would place the number at about 50 Ori ships, I believe, and not 100 000's (even though they could probably produce _and_ man them).

Comment

And they would have been limited because the people in the villages themselves couldn't fly the ships. And there weren't an unlimited number of priors around to fly them for the Ori.

Even though they have the ships, remember that the people were kept in the dark ages, so they would not be able to recreate the technology instantaneously.

Comment

the ori galaxy cant be that big. MW is already much bigger than PG and the MW is one of the three biggest galaxies in the local group.

assuming the size of that village to be a small city/large town, then i'd say there can be thousands of these villages on a planet, and then all 10 ships were being built at 1 location. all the villages on 1 planet either mining or refining metal, building components, putting components together for larger components, and then putting these components on a frame for a ship. seeing the presence of the ori and the ringstations, logistics wont be a problem.

Comment

this will be your last season i think. is it finishd with the last ep or will you put a movie like episode as the real end
                    R.I.P MJ

sigpic
                    -- May the force be with you --

Don S. Davis - You will be rememberd

Ba'al: "You dare mock me?"
                    Jack O'Neill: "Come on Ba'al, you should know. Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

I think the same...
                      sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

It's been assumed (silently) that the Ori galaxy is not in the local group, killman. If it were, why would they need a Supergate? They could reach Ida just fine.
                        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

it WOULDN'T be in the same CLUSTER of galaxies...
                          but SUPERCLUSTER?

yes, most likely. maybe opposite end of our supercluster...

and yup. i think Ori Galaxy (lets shorten that to OG pls?) is fairly larger than MW.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wonderful episode s09. I am thinking that we wont see much of the re'tu. I do like their return though!

You are indeed a genius. If you wrote these out as full episodes and sold them to the "real" "writers", you would be making so much money, Stargate would still be on TV and these last couple of years would be the most awesome seasons, def competing with the first for ingenuity, inventiveness and class.

I so called the Carter thing. I also like the NEw York is like the headquarters for the world.

Looking forward to the next episode and the return of the Ori and Aschen! So wish I could see these out of my TV. That'd be sweet, espcially if the toilet ships get to fight along side the Earth fleet and stuff against the enemies!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
                            Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                            sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

SG-18, where have you been?
                              sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

mckoy what i meant was, MW is huge already

Comment

Working...
                                X